Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Serious glitch - No postage paid

Default Serious glitch - No postage paid

Made a sale this morning for 2 items priced at £3.99. Shipping should be £2.49 + £0.99 2nd class or £2.99 + £1.49 1st class. Payment has been made via Paypal with a total of £7.98 paid which is the cost of the items only.

Checked back a couple of days and have found 2 more from Monday.

Auction ID's are:

Wed - 69523361

Mon - 69523701, 69525006

Will check back a week or two to see if I can find when this started.

I am now almost £10 down on postage & packing costs in a week.

Default Re: Serious glitch - No postage paid

My items have been O.K. as far as I can see but Gill mentioned this happening when she bought something the other night. See thread :-
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...t=#post1484145

I do recall seeing that original thread, but everything was fine then.

Problem with this is that I, and probably other sellers simply see that the item is paid and then ship. With the sales already shipped I will have to stand the loss. With this sale today I have contacted the buyer and hopefully will recieve the postage payment, if not I will ship as a gesture of goodwill. But eBid risks potential new buyers having a very bad experience if they make a payment and are then asked for further payments for postage.

The other thing is that even if the additional payments are made, Paypal will make an extra 20p on each transaction, and I really detest having to give them more than is necessary.

I've just had a similar thing with a sale, for some reason the postage never got added, but since it's only the one item I've stood the cost of it. but what I am now doing is incorporating the cost of postage into my selling price on all domestic sales, and adjust down my international postage accordingly...

Forum Lurker
    View ZenKarma's Feedback (+61)
    All-About ZenKarma
    View ZenKarma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thankfully I don't have this potential problem on most of my auctions as I invariably include postage in the BuyNow price. There are a few exceptions but most include postage in the price.

I started using this method on eBay a while ago as I just got sick to death of buyers moaning about the postage price, when all I ever do is charge what it costs me to send, ie what the Post Office charges me. It's hardly my fault Royal Mail prices are unreasonable. Including the postage price means buyers can't see what it is, what you cant see, you cant moan about!

I also adopted the same policy here, I find it makes things so much simpler for buyer and seller as the buyer can see exactly how much an item is going to cost them. You can always offer a postage discount on multiple purchases when they all contain a postage component.

I know it means you pay eBid a little more in fees but I'm actually quite happy to do that as I consider eBid fees to be excellent value for money.

Maybe something to consider?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Made a sale this morning for 2 items priced at £3.99. Shipping should be £2.49 + £0.99 2nd class or £2.99 + £1.49 1st class. Payment has been made via Paypal with a total of £7.98 paid which is the cost of the items only.

Checked back a couple of days and have found 2 more from Monday.

Auction ID's are:

Wed - 69523361

Mon - 69523701, 69525006

Will check back a week or two to see if I can find when this started.

I am now almost £10 down on postage & packing costs in a week.

Hi kreative... would you mind if we did a test purchase of the remaining 2 of 69523361 to test.. We will remove the FVF of course after.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi kreative... would you mind if we did a test purchase of the remaining 2 of 69523361 to test.. We will remove the FVF of course after.

Thx,
    Gazza
    No problem, if it helps to find the cause then go for it.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    No problem, if it helps to find the cause then go for it.
    You've probably noticed we started a test listing using the same data as 69523361 and couldn't find any problem. The shipping calculated correctly and was sent to PayPal ok.

The only way for the shipping to be removed is for the buyer in question to have manually edited the shipping amount in the single item checkout form, taking it from the full amount down to zero. We are looking into why the shipping box was editable for this listing, it is normally disabled..eg. cannot be changed/edited.

We've cancelled and closed the test listing and removed the FVF.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    You've probably noticed we started a test listing using the same data as 69523361 and couldn't find any problem. The shipping calculated correctly and was sent to PayPal ok.

The only way for the shipping to be removed is for the buyer in question to have manually edited the shipping amount in the single item checkout form, taking it from the full amount down to zero. We are looking into why the shipping box was editable for this listing, it is normally disabled..eg. cannot be changed/edited.

We've cancelled and closed the test listing and removed the FVF.

Gazza
    Disagree Gazza.

I purchased 2 items the other night and had the same problem - the shipping amount was not included.

The first one was 75954117. I didn't notice that the shipping amount hadn't been included and paid immediately. I then realised and paid the shipping amount by 'gift' through PayPal. Problem sorted.

The second one, 75411115 I checked before hitting the pay now button and so the shipping did get included - I added the shipping amount which was available.

As I stated in my original post http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...tely-by-Paypal dated 22nd September.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sold a prospecting pan to a buyer in Ireland, who was thoughtful enough to inform me that they received an invoice that did not include shipping charges. They paid the total amount via Paypal, and I sent them a paid in full invoice.

This is my first sale to Ireland. I am very pleased that the pan sold there. Strangely, those pans seem to sell more to other countries than to the USA. I am still trying to figure out why. But I am pleased to have made a sale to Ireland!

Thread Information