Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Program "20/20: Intoxication Nation" Exposes Teens Buying Online Alcohol

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Program "20/20: Intoxication Nation" Exposes Teens Buying Online Alcohol

After reading the eCommerceBytes article Television Program "20/20: Intoxication Nation" Exposes Teens Buying Online Alcohol this morning under the pretense they are "collectibles", I did a little research of my own here at eBid to see if the problem potentially exists here. What I found astonished me! The categories I found that have this potential problem include:

Collectibles : Breweriana : Beer Cans & Bottles

Collectibles : Breweriana : Decanters

Collectibles : Breweriana : Other

Collectibles : Jack Daniels

Collectibles : Guinness

The entire article can be found here. I think it would behoove eBid to take a hard look at this to possibly avoid problems from the start.

Just MHO....

Default Re: Program "20/20: Intoxication Nation" Exposes Teens Buying Online Alcohol

I think this is another case where eBid cannot possibly be expected to police all their items. It's up to us to note and report any violations.

Out of curiousity, I did a search for "Jack Daniels". I found pages of buckles, glasses, advertising signs, lighters, bottles converted to lamps, tins, magazine ads, etc. etc. etc. Exactly what a Jack Daniels collector would expect. I did find ONE bottle, very old, limited edition, very expensive. The seller said the buyer would have to verify that he or she was over 21 years old. A responsible seller and a genuine collectible.

I suspect buying alcohol online (hardly instant gratification) is not a major contributor to the problem of teenage drinking.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Program "20/20: Intoxication Nation" Exposes Teens Buying Online Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I think this is another case where eBid cannot possibly be expected to police all their items. It's up to us to note and report any violations.

Out of curiousity, I did a search for "Jack Daniels". I found pages of buckles, glasses, advertising signs, lighters, bottles converted to lamps, tins, magazine ads, etc. etc. etc. Exactly what a Jack Daniels collector would expect. I did find ONE bottle, very old, limited edition, very expensive. The seller said the buyer would have to verify that he or she was over 21 years old. A responsible seller and a genuine collectible.

I suspect buying alcohol online (hardly instant gratification) is not a major contributor to the problem of teenage drinking.
    Ditto that.

As I recall (it's been a while) the way we used to buy alcohol as teens was to have an older "friend" buy for us, a lot faster that way.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information