Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And a New Journey Has Begun

Forum Newbie
    View JadeDuck's Feedback (+1364)
    All-About JadeDuck
    View JadeDuck's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default And a New Journey Has Begun

Just signed up today after seeing this place recommended by a number of other sellers over on the 'bay (and after seeing eBid mentioned in my little brother's store back in our hometown, where he was going to do consignments for others here and on eBay, but has become too busy dealing with his own merchandise to be able to deal with anyone else's.)

Anyway, just from looking over the FAQs, and having a general look around the site, I determined immediately that going ahead and spending the $49.95 for a lifetime Seller+ membership would be a no brainer. So here I am. I figure that that membership would be paid for within 3 months (assuming a conservative presumption that product may move a little slower here than over there...and over there it has been fairly slow.)

I'm not giving up totally on the 'bay. That would be silly. I have 4 accounts over there (and am waiting for the feedback from my main account to actually get imported to here), and each of those accounts only uses the 50 free per month plus whatever free specials they have. And with a metric or even Imperial buttload of no sales there, I have racked up a considerable inventory of assorted toys, games, and other neat items to start putting up here.

And as tempting as it would be to do the totally free listings here, I will instead be going with gallery listings. I figure the 2% FvF is more than worth it for the increased chances of bidders actually bidding when they can see the picture in the search results.

Gonna take it slow and casual for this first week. Being the last week of the month, it is mostly a wind down/personal holiday week for me, since I got in my free 50 on all my accounts over on the 'bay. But still, this coming week should be idea for getting the feel of doing listings here and learning the lay of the land.

All I ask is that the people here in charge don't turn evil like the apes over on the 'bay did a few years back.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: And a New Journey Has Begun

Welcome aboard

Hello and welcome!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Jadeduck

I think you have done your research and made a good decision.

I don't think that ebdi will go ape as they have been going for many years with very few policy changes.

Keep reading the forums and ask for advice if you need it

Welcome aboard.

As Julie says it looks like you have done your research.

Hopefully just confirming what you have found, but just in case...

It is slower on here, but you can sell if you put the effort in and use the full potential of the platform.

Google is your best friend on eBid, so make sure you fully use it. Titles should include the major keywords for your product and add a full description, that way your items are more likely to get picked up and move up the Google rankings quicker. Also add brand and barcode number. If your items do not have brands or barcodes get an exemption from Google, there is a thread on how to do that and it is also in the help files.

The most popular way of listing is 7-10 days Buy It Now (BIN) with 10 auto relists. This means relisting only every 77 or 110 days but allows your listings to continually move up the eBid pages. It also keeps your store items rotating and gives fresh items on your first page if potential buyers revisit.

You can use auctions, but do not expect too many bidding wars, they are increasing but if you list an item for a cent expect it to sell for that. If you are going to use auctions then set a start price at the minimum you would happily sell for and add a BIN price so that it will be uploaded to Google.

If you are staying on eBay put a flyer in when you make sales on there informing your customers that you have items on eBid, it can help to build a customer base on here.

Set up stores. You get 5 free so use them, it makes things easier for you and your potential buyers. When you have set up your store(s) add the link to your signature, there are plenty of people who use the forums who will take a look and may become customers.

If at first you don't succeed, try someting new orask for help, there are many on here who will take a look at your listings and give advice. We get a lot of sellers on the forums who say they cannot sell, but 9 times out of 10 there is a reason.

Finally, have fun, use the forums and relax in the knowledge that the rules will not change every other week as on eBay.

A big welcome to Ebid, and good luck with your sales

Welcome to ebid!
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Welcome - wishing you many sales (and a lot of fun in the Forums along the way)
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Hope you will be very happy here with us.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information