Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Inactive accounts - now with email warnings

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    And teachers.
    ‘’Astral’’ can you tell me how many years of School you finish or you have…
    Thanks in advance…....

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View aj8's Feedback (+66)
    All-About aj8
    View aj8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Due to my mother being ill, I've had to "step away" from my own residence and computer in order to help take care of her. I frequently don't have access to a computer these days, don't have a laptop or iPad. She lives in a different country and doesn't have a computer of any kind. So I put up a notice that I would be away from my store for awhile. Now I get a notice that my listings will be dropped. Unfortunately my attention has often be diverted from selling lately due to my mother's situation.

As I am not where my "stuff" is (personal items that I am selling, I am not a 'real' business), even if I were to sell something I could not ship it as I am not at home and there is no one there who could handle this process. I have had my store a good while and keep hoping that I will find ways to increase my sales as I really want to clear house but get a reasonable price for the items I have.

This notice has stressed me out as I want to keep my eBid shops. My mother is ill, requires a lot of attention and I am currently in a world where internet access is not constantly at hand (hard to believe in this day and age, but not everyone has internet access, even today.)

I don't want my listings to be dropped, nor do I want my shops to be closed but I do want my notice of my return to be re-posted so that an interested buyer will know that I am temporarily "off-line" but will return. In my fantasies, my items would have sold out long ago and this would not be so upsetting. As of right now, my notice is not there and if someone buys something, they will not be able to receive it and this looks bad and is bad customer service. I wish that life ran a bit smoother, according to plan, but that isn't the way it is sometimes.

Does anyone know how to prevent listings from being dropped and shops being closed? I am not on a 60 day holiday ... I wish I were! How do I contact the powers at be at eBid regarding this?

Many thanks for any advice.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aj8 View Post
    Due to my mother being ill, I've had to "step away" from my own residence and computer in order to help take care of her. I frequently don't have access to a computer these days, don't have a laptop or iPad. She lives in a different country and doesn't have a computer of any kind. So I put up a notice that I would be away from my store for awhile. Now I get a notice that my listings will be dropped. Unfortunately my attention has often be diverted from selling lately due to my mother's situation.

As I am not where my "stuff" is (personal items that I am selling, I am not a 'real' business), even if I were to sell something I could not ship it as I am not at home and there is no one there who could handle this process. I have had my store a good while and keep hoping that I will find ways to increase my sales as I really want to clear house but get a reasonable price for the items I have.

This notice has stressed me out as I want to keep my eBid shops. My mother is ill, requires a lot of attention and I am currently in a world where internet access is not constantly at hand (hard to believe in this day and age, but not everyone has internet access, even today.)

I don't want my listings to be dropped, nor do I want my shops to be closed but I do want my notice of my return to be re-posted so that an interested buyer will know that I am temporarily "off-line" but will return. In my fantasies, my items would have sold out long ago and this would not be so upsetting. As of right now, my notice is not there and if someone buys something, they will not be able to receive it and this looks bad and is bad customer service. I wish that life ran a bit smoother, according to plan, but that isn't the way it is sometimes.

Does anyone know how to prevent listings from being dropped and shops being closed? I am not on a 60 day holiday ... I wish I were! How do I contact the powers at be at eBid regarding this?

I randomly checked some of your listings and they appear to be in Holiday Mode (unable to purchase) so I think you are safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by aj8 View Post

Jan is right your notice is still there so no need to worry for the moment unless you have already had an email from eBid. Sorry to hear about your mum. The address for ebid should you need it is support@ebid.net

I would say that if you are going to be away for over two months in the future however that it would probably be better to close your listings. You don't need to delete them just close them with the bulk edit as it's frustrating for buyers to see something they would like and then not be able to buy it for weeks and weeks.

I think closed listings stay in your closed folder for 90 days although I'm not sure. Can anybody confirm that ?

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear about your mum, it is a stressful time for you and you don't want any added worry to cause you more stress.

Could this be a case when the backup and export to spreadsheet would be useful? You would be able to save all your listings on your own computer and then when you are able to sell again, export the items back to ebid.

Also can anyone let me know, what happens if you take your shop off line. Do the items disappear from the auctions and are kept safe until the shop is back on line?

Cornishmaid's advice is sound, presumably you would be able to reinstate the closed listings periodically for the time you can sell and then put them in the closed folder again when you can't, so you would never be over the 90 days dead line.

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post

Also can anyone let me know, what happens if you take your shop off line. Do the items disappear from the auctions and are kept safe until the shop is back on line?
    No, if you close your shops your listings still show up on the eBid site so you have to close the listings themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gbsbks2010 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your mum, it is a stressful time for you and you don't want any added worry to cause you more stress.

Could this be a case when the backup and export to spreadsheet would be useful? You would be able to save all your listings on your own computer and then when you are able to sell again, export the items back to ebid.

Cornishmaid's advice is sound, presumably you would be able to reinstate the closed listings periodically for the time you can sell and then put them in the closed folder again when you can't, so you would never be over the 90 days dead line.
    Sorry to hear about your Mom & hope all gets better for you as well.

I always back up my listings & pictures to a cd or dvd, you never know when a server or your computer will crash & lose your data.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

I think closed listings stay in your closed folder for 90 days although I'm not sure. Can anybody confirm that ?
    75 days I believe - used to be 90.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    75 days I believe - used to be 90.
    Thanks Mel.

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View aj8's Feedback (+66)
    All-About aj8
    View aj8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many many thanks to all who answered my posting and for your well wishes for my mom. It is appreciated and helps to reduce the stress a bit.

Many things to consider and set up when I get back to my own computer. I haven't used bulk edit yet as I am not too computer savvy and struggle sometimes to get things to work right. Hmmm ... spreadsheet ... is that anything similar to that other auction site's Turbo thing? Something like that would be a way to go. I'm not sure but I listed most of my items when they had to be listed individually and was worried about monkeying with the listings. You know leave well enough alone rather than break it but then losing the data if something happened is a worry too. So I have a lot of homework to do now.

Thanks again for your help!!

Thread Information