I belong to a couple of social networks and have found that my product views have gone up when I post my items for sale on these sites that I'm selling on eBid. I know that the spiders and crawlers have a lot to do with it, but the way I look at it the more you post the more exposure you receive. I copy the link to the specific items page then paste it on Facebook and Google+. The benefit of the Facebook posting is that it also links to my Twitter Tweets. I'm also looking into Pinterest and LinkedIn to see if I can use these too.

As for my personal site. I have a banner of eBid that I've put a link to. Some say that putting a banner of a site that will take your customer off yours is not recommended. I say they're crazy. If your a business and you want traffic then you go get your traffic to come to you.

Use whatever available avenue is out there. Make sure you don't get yourself in trouble with a specific site that may not want you to post a link or banner. It could cause a headache for you.

Just remember, traffic is traffic. If you don't build it, they will not come.