My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: TWITTER and tweet content regarding ebid.net

Default TWITTER and tweet content regarding ebid.net

Most of the ebid content I see on Twitter is just tweet after tweet with links back to individual listings - there doesn't seem to be much info ABOUT ebid.

I am guessing that ebidders who use Twitter might be able to drum up a bit more interest in ebid.net if they interact with other twitter users on a more general level and throw ebid into the conversation, rather than have a timeline consisting of tweet after tweet referring back to listings.

Just my tuppence worth.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: TWITTER and tweet content regarding ebid.net

Absolutely...I use twitter most days and have varied content.

I bear in mind that overtweeting my eBid listings can be seen as spamming by twitter and can result in my account there being closed.

I have taken to including a #eBay hashtag too since I want to bring new people to eBid and not just share posts with people already here.

I agree. I use only use Twitter occasionally and I usually only tweet about three listings at a time as I feel anybody following me would get annoyed if I did great big long lists. The only exception has been #ebidhour when there was a set time of one hour to try and get eBid to trend.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I agree. I use only use Twitter occasionally and I usually only tweet about three listings at a time as I feel anybody following me would get annoyed if I did great big long lists. The only exception has been #ebidhour when there was a set time of one hour to try and get eBid to trend.
    Think I broke a record a few times for eBid hour, (over 100 tweets) but otherwise I stick to a few tweets here and there. Nice idea of the OP's to interact with other Twitter users, haven't done so yet, but definitely somthing to look into when I get back home.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

When I started using Twitter I used to tweet lots of my auctions as they were closing. One day I looked through my tweets and was horrified at the amount of plugs I was throwing out there. I also had to stop retweeting other members in bulk, far better picking one of their tweets at a time so you don't end up spamming peoples timelines.

The best way to tweet is to generalize ebid information so that it creates curiosity rather than showing individual listings. You can link to your shops and add an interesting note.

Examples: Did you know that you can list on this auction site for free #ebid.net

Sick of paying fees when selling online? Tired of ebay? Try www.ebid.net and list for free #ebid

Like movies? Try (your shop link here) You might find one you are missing #ebid

Of course there are plenty of derivatives of the above and other types of tweets can be used at your own discretion.

Try using services like bitly.com to track your links and see if you are reaching people.

Remember that most peoples timelines move so fast that you need to grab their attention.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    When I started using Twitter I used to tweet lots of my auctions as they were closing. One day I looked through my tweets and was horrified at the amount of plugs I was throwing out there. I also had to stop retweeting other members in bulk, far better picking one of their tweets at a time so you don't end up spamming peoples timelines.

The best way to tweet is to generalize ebid information so that it creates curiosity rather than showing individual listings. You can link to your shops and add an interesting note.

Examples: Did you know that you can list on this auction site for free #ebid.net

Sick of paying fees when selling online? Tired of ebay? Try www.ebid.net and list for free #ebid

Like movies? Try http://phoenix-dvd.ebid.net/ You might find one you are missing #ebid

Of course there are plenty of derivatives of the above and other types of tweets can be used at your own discretion.

Try using services like bitly.com to track your links and see if you are reaching people.

Remember that most peoples timelines move so fast that you need to grab their attention.
    Excellent David, really like the general eBid tweets, will have to borrow a few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Excellent David, really like the general eBid tweets, will have to borrow a few of these.

Thanks Sue, they are close to what I was using before but I'm sure some members will be able to create far better notes.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Just a little bump

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

One of my favourites:

eBay is the Galactic Empire.. eBid is the Rebel Alliance.. Begun the auction
    site wars have........... http://uk.ebid.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    One of my favourites:

eBay is the Galactic Empire.. eBid is the Rebel Alliance.. Begun the auction
    site wars have........... http://uk.ebid.net/
    Love it ♥

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information