eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid.....

Default robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid.....

i been on ebid for a week,and had no bids at all,
    spent 50.00 and open 2 shops,done item 7 days relist every 10 days to be on google,
    as been told by everyone on here..
    i was haveing up to 30 bids a week ebay,
    was paying 550.00 a month fees,
    but turning over 200.000, sometimes a month, but the more i made the more they took.
    i came over to ebid because ebay was getting like to much,had sales and feedback over 356.000,
    lost it all because sent items out signed for only,and people dont like it,and with no negtives,they kill me off by the stars left..
    ebay never work for the sellers who really make the money..
    but ive look into ebid and went with it,but looking around not many sales from anyone,
    it seems like you have to give it away to get bids,
    have i just put 50.00 into a hole.
    please tell me your thoughts on this.
    im not putting ebid down at all,but cheap fees mean nothing with 5 children to feed,its my way of work.
    thank you very much trudy..

Default Re: robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid..

yes alot of what your saying is right,ive looked into alot of ebid sales and most i know have took there ebay feedback with them,
    if not they are selling for 99p,
    then they say you need to take out sellers plus to get bids,hey thats 53.00 for life,
    i been took again and so will many more..
    to many people are saying the same,,
    i think if a site has been up and running for over 2 years plus and cannot get bids,offers,sales,
    then its not and will not work..
    my items go on free to make site looks good,but if no sales why bother...
    thanks trudy

View buffykins's Feedback (+1188)
    All-About buffykins
    View buffykins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: robinsonstoyshop,sells vintage toys,and very nice sports autographs,new to ebid..

Hi both, I've been here a few years now, yes sales can be slow but they do happen. I've sold over 50 items in the last 2 months. I've noticed that some sellers have high prices for their items here whereas on the bay they set them lower, I know you can do this as you will get the bids over there but some are over pricing their items here. I set my prices at what I'm happy to sell at, yes that would be 99p and even lower, but with the fees here I can do that. All my feedback is from ebid and none from the bay has been brought over to bump feedback up. I'm quite happy to leave my items run as I'm not trying to earn a living from sales. The other side got way to expensive for me with listing fees, selling fees and restrictions with how you can take payment and how much you can charge for postage with certain items. When I joined I paid the 49.99 for lifetime and had that back in sales in the first 6 months. I wish you both luck and hope you have many sales in the near future.

ive been happy with the ebiders that are comeing back about this matter,
    but it very clear,reading between the lines,no sales,no bids,
    and yet again someone makeing money out of this,and its not the sellers,
    and on ebay my items where happly selling at 50.00 to 100.00 each,
    to uk and oversea bidders,
    i didnot have to sell at 99p never would,thats why my fees where so high.
    i want ebid to work more than most,
    but it looks very clear it about the main money man only.
    take and get nothing back..
    thanks trudy.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    regardless what responses you get on here truth is no sales no offers no bids , tons of new sellers write the same thing on here and get the same replies just wait its getting better.
    I don't usually get offended on behalf of other people but you have the truth 'regardless what responses you get on here'??? but seriously, your post suggests that sellers who post here telling about their sales (me included) are lying.

View buffykins's Feedback (+1188)
    All-About buffykins
    View buffykins's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I said earlier I've sold over 50 items in the last 2 months, I do have bids on items at the moment. I left the bay for good 2 years ago as the fees were just stupid there. If you can sell over there alls well and good. It seems you just want to be negative about ebid. You haven't given it a chance you need more than a few days to see how things go. Also try your items as auctions instead of Buy Now, or try putting the Make an Offer option in. Just thoughts to help.

i think you are wrong,about me beening negtive about ebid,
    ive just layed out 53.00 thank you..
    you say give it a chance,by the way ebiders are telling me ,that was said 2 years ago and still the same is beening said,and they are not new ebids.
    this is what i like,3 thread that say should be buy it now,11 thread this morning saying 7 days 10 relist.
    noone can tell you much because noone is selling or getting bids,apart from the 99p deals.
    and noone has said your lying but its very clear by looking at a lot of big sellers on here they have took there feedback from another site because
    they not made any sales within 6mths or longer,
    see as new ebids we are told no fees good sales,2nd best to ebay,been running for years,better than ebay in more ways,ebid vs ebay,
    you come on here no sales or bids,told it will take time,pay 53.00 sellers plus to get sales,then you still get none,
    you cannot see who bidding,cannot see whos watching on your items,
    its so easy for ebid to sort theses out and make it better,
    but like it is,ebiders say your new from ebay,your picking on ebid,
    no i came here to make money,this is my job..
    and ive been very let down..
    thanks trudy

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I don't usually get offended on behalf of other people but you have the truth 'regardless what responses you get on here'??? but seriously, your post suggests that sellers who post here telling about their sales (me included) are lying.
    Give it up! I've been here six years and I've seen it all before. There are certain people who will not be helped no matter what you do. It's one of the main reasons I rarely post anything here now.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Give it up! I've been here six years and I've seen it all before. There are certain people who will not be helped no matter what you do. It's one of the main reasons I rarely post anything here now.
    Of course you are right...I haven't seen many threads like this for a while...they are like buses....I got caught out

Quote Originally Posted by robinsonstoyshop View Post
    ive been happy with the ebiders that are comeing back about this matter,
    but it very clear,reading between the lines,no sales,no bids,
    and yet again someone makeing money out of this,and its not the sellers,
    and on ebay my items where happly selling at 50.00 to 100.00 each,
    to uk and oversea bidders,
    i didnot have to sell at 99p never would,thats why my fees where so high.
    i want ebid to work more than most,
    but it looks very clear it about the main money man only.
    take and get nothing back..
    thanks trudy..
    All this venom...............?? Must be a reason...

You know its funny but I have just seen something a little strange.......

Why did you leave the other side? I would bet a whole shilling that I might know the answer.
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 4th August 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Thread Information