eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

As a buyer I tend to ignore listings that have no gallery pic unless the title *really* catches my eye. I buy a lot of items from the sidebar and from browding plug your auctions. I dont think ive ever used google to buy anything, here or elsewhere
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I bought a Vauxhall Astra - and was a bit miffed that they didn't give me a Ferrari. Don't you just hate it when people only give you what you paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Thanks once again Becky

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I bought a Vauxhall Astra - and was a bit miffed that they didn't give me a Ferrari. Don't you just hate it when people only give you what you paid for?
    LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Thanks once again Becky
    My pleasure !

Gazza it would be brill' if you could let us know what you intend to do to tighten things up when you have digested all the ideas in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    im sure that the guys are too busy to respond to something as trivial as photos , its up to the seller to decide if they want to use the option of a photo , the buyers will decide whether or not to look at the listing , seems there are more important issues thats been bought up in the forum that needs attention , and as its been stated time and time again they just dont have time to monitor and answer everything thats discussed in the forum , im sure if they think its important they will take a look sometime , as stated in the forum many times in many issues maybe you should send them a message directly and if they think its important they will take a look !
    Apparently you have not read the OP opening statement. This thread has nothing to do with photos. It is with inactive sellers and how to handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    im sure that the guys are too busy to respond to something as trivial as photos , its up to the seller to decide if they want to use the option of a photo , the buyers will decide whether or not to look at the listing , seems there are more important issues thats been bought up in the forum that needs attention , and as its been stated time and time again they just dont have time to monitor and answer everything thats discussed in the forum , im sure if they think its important they will take a look sometime , as stated in the forum many times in many issues maybe you should send them a message directly and if they think its important they will take a look !
    Florida is right, the post about photos is totally off topic and I was refering to the response below that Gazza kindly made to my opening post. That is why I asked if he could let us know what has been decided.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Becky,

Can you email us the username of the user pls.

We did introduce tougher restrictions quite a while ago which alleviated the bulk of the problem but we will take another look into making the rules even more stringent.

Thx,
    Gazza

This needs a clear policy. I have always thought that if you can't check in once a week you should not be listing. That is personal view. I think RUS contributes to this problem. Maybe RUS should only be available after you have accrued enough positive feedback to prove you are a responsible seller (say 25).

A one time purge would be better and then we would all know we were on better footing. Our listings will be real and we can all begin working to make it a fuller site with real listings.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

The thing is that the ebid membership structure makes RUS attractive to newbies.

They join for a month and list with RUS to save fees etc.
    Then they wonder why they don't sell anything.

I think ebid has a major problem with its fee membership structure.

It may be free to list, but there is a $50 joining fee (one way or the other)
    The other alt don't have this, and their traffic is much higher.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duluxdog1 View Post
    Think that all items should advertised with a photo on display and take away the need to click on a camera - I find that really off-putting. If all items had a photo displayed I think that buyers would find this site more attractive. I read the comments from shop sellers and I can see that they are swapping from a well known site to this one because of the fees and I can wholeheartedly agree with them. I just hope that the buyers will come along too - but I can only give my opinion as a buyer and a private seller. If I am going through listings looking for items I don't want to keep clicking on a camera to see an item I am interested in. Honestly, think this is very dodgy looking to buyers - shame because it could be a great site - nine times out of ten buyers are attracted by the photo of an item not the description. Perhaps, this point could be brought to the attention of Ebid administrators.
    Interesting. You don't have any thumbnail images on your list either. (You don't want to pay the low low 2% FVF when item sells?)

So, does this mean you are a dodgy seller then? (you have camera icons on your list as well)

This is an optional listing feature. If a seller opts for Gallery auction style listing, they will have a thumbnail image at a cost of 2% FVF when item sells.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    It may be free to list, but there is a $50 joining fee (one way or the other).
    No there isn't. There is no 'joining fee' on eBid. You have been here long enough to know that, so why spread misinformation?

Thread Information