eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

I feel like it is a huge concern that questions are not answered and an even bigger concern that items are being purchased, paid for and then not only are they not received but there is no communication from the seller.

I also feel like eBid is greatly interested in the number of listings and being able to keep posting 'new record' for them. To me if eBid is 'really' growing then that is fantastic but if there are 'only' more listings and people signing up with a lot of them not being actively involved in their stores and listings then that is terrible.

I think if eBid would auto HIDE listings from sight when there has been no activity by the seller in say 14/30 days (could allow for Holiday Notice) that might be an answer. EBid could still count their listings numbers as they would not actually have been removed (only hid). When the seller gets ready to check things out they could click on a VIEW listings tab and they would be restored to view.

I know it probably isn't a simple task but might be well worth the effort and is should be all automatic when installed. In addition to possibly having more buyers come and stay and giving eBid a possible better reputation sellers would not have their accounts closed or put on hold and they would not need to enter their listings when they are ready to use them and eBid would have the count. Buyers would not have the irritation associated with it all.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I'm not quite sure that would be a workable solution in the case of Seller+ Lifetime members. I would think it could result in legal issues.
    Not really. It just requires a change to the site's Terms & Conditions - which the current T&Cs allow for.

Coincidentally (and also connected), I have just noticed what I am sure is a change to the site's T&Cs. There is now a section on refunds of subscriptions and Lifetime membership fees:

If either you or we terminate your membership, you will continue to owe us any monies which you owed to us before termination. Recurring paid subscriptions and SELLER+ Lifetime cancellations will be calculated and refunded on a SELLER+ 7 day prorated past subscription plus a £8.00 (or equivalent in country local currency) expense incurred by us for SELLER+ Lifetime merchandise shipped.
    While I don't object to that change I do think that changes to the site's T&Cs should be promulgated - with the option to accept or reject (i.e. cease membership) them.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

"If either you or we terminate your membership, you will continue to owe us any monies which you owed to us before termination. Recurring paid subscriptions and SELLER+ Lifetime cancellations will be calculated and refunded on a SELLER+ 7 day prorated past subscription plus a £8.00 (or equivalent in country local currency) expense incurred by us for SELLER+ Lifetime merchandise shipped"

Unbelievable and unreadable

Gazza - it may pay to look at getting all of your terms in good plain English and make it user friendly.
    And get Astral to check them before you publish them.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    "If either you or we terminate your membership, you will continue to owe us any monies which you owed to us before termination. Recurring paid subscriptions and SELLER+ Lifetime cancellations will be calculated and refunded on a SELLER+ 7 day prorated past subscription plus a £8.00 (or equivalent in country local currency) expense incurred by us for SELLER+ Lifetime merchandise shipped"
    Was it? Seemed OK to me (though wrapped in the language of such things):

1. You continue to owe them what you owe them
    2. Any refund of subscription paid will be less the amount for each 7 day period (or part thereof) used.
    3. Any refund will also be less the cost of any 'free' goods supplied as a part of that subscription.

Gazza - it may pay to look at getting all of your terms in good plain English and make it user friendly.
    No thanks.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I feel like it is a huge concern that questions are not answered and an even bigger concern that items are being purchased, paid for and then not only are they not received but there is no communication from the seller.

I also feel like eBid is greatly interested in the number of listings and being able to keep posting 'new record' for them. To me if eBid is 'really' growing then that is fantastic but if there are 'only' more listings and people signing up with a lot of them not being actively involved in their stores and listings then that is terrible.

I think if eBid would auto HIDE listings from sight when there has been no activity by the seller in say 14/30 days (could allow for Holiday Notice) that might be an answer. EBid could still count their listings numbers as they would not actually have been removed (only hid). When the seller gets ready to check things out they could click on a VIEW listings tab and they would be restored to view.

I know it probably isn't a simple task but might be well worth the effort and is should be all automatic when installed. In addition to possibly having more buyers come and stay and giving eBid a possible better reputation sellers would not have their accounts closed or put on hold and they would not need to enter their listings when they are ready to use them and eBid would have the count. Buyers would not have the irritation associated with it all.
    Really like this, not a techie but think it sounds good and workable.

Hope support looks into this soon.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post

Yes something needs to be done with non repliers and non senders.
    But how big a problem sis it, we don't know.
    Not everyone reports these things on the forums.

As regards to the number of listings, I think that Gazza only mentions it when they hit a new million level.

It is is the sellers that seem obsessed with the number of listings.
    I know I am.
    But its only for the the fact that people want to list or buy on sites that have a lot of listings as they believe that there will be a lot of action and sales.

As we all know getting the number of sales up would be the best thing that could be done.
    But there is no easy way to do that.

Increasing the number of new members would be a better target.
    And getting more big sellers with more variety would be another.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes something needs to be done with non repliers and non senders.
    But how big a problem sis it, we don't know.
    Not everyone reports these things on the forums.

As regards to the number of listings, I think that Gazza only mentions it when they hit a new million level.

It is is the sellers that seem obsessed with the number of listings.
    I know I am.
    But its only for the the fact that people want to list or buy on sites that have a lot of listings as they believe that there will be a lot of action and sales.

As we all know getting the number of sales up would be the best thing that could be done.
    But there is no easy way to do that.

Increasing the number of new members would be a better target.
    And getting more big sellers with more variety would be another.
    Wow, just wow!

No idea how to elaborate just wow!

Forum Newbie
    All-About duluxdog1
    View duluxdog1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think that all items should advertised with a photo on display and take away the need to click on a camera - I find that really off-putting. If all items had a photo displayed I think that buyers would find this site more attractive. I read the comments from shop sellers and I can see that they are swapping from a well known site to this one because of the fees and I can wholeheartedly agree with them. I just hope that the buyers will come along too - but I can only give my opinion as a buyer and a private seller. If I am going through listings looking for items I don't want to keep clicking on a camera to see an item I am interested in. Honestly, think this is very dodgy looking to buyers - shame because it could be a great site - nine times out of ten buyers are attracted by the photo of an item not the description. Perhaps, this point could be brought to the attention of Ebid administrators.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duluxdog1 View Post
    Think that all items should advertised with a photo on display and take away the need to click on a camera - I find that really off-putting. If all items had a photo displayed I think that buyers would find this site more attractive. I read the comments from shop sellers and I can see that they are swapping from a well known site to this one because of the fees and I can wholeheartedly agree with them. I just hope that the buyers will come along too - but I can only give my opinion as a buyer and a private seller. If I am going through listings looking for items I don't want to keep clicking on a camera to see an item I am interested in. Honestly, think this is very dodgy looking to buyers - shame because it could be a great site - nine times out of ten buyers are attracted by the photo of an item not the description. Perhaps, this point could be brought to the attention of Ebid administrators.
    So why have you not used gallery pictures on your own auctions
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duluxdog1 View Post
    Duluxdog

As a buyer do you
    Go to Google
    Go to another auction site
    Go to ebid and click on search
    or Goto ebid and to the category you are looking for, then scroll down the lists.

We need to know what buyers do.
    Because if they go to Google it will take them to the listing weather it has a gallery pic or not.
    If they are browsing, then gallery pics are far more important.

Thread Information