eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

An interesting thread. I must be the lucky one as I only ever came across a non-active seller once in the time I have been shopping here. Which of course only means I am good at picking active sellers

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Please eBid you need to do something about this persisting problem which has been discussed time and time again.

If I want to buy something on other sites it's simple I press a button and buy the item. Here, unless its a trusted forum member or somebody with good feedback, it's a continual guessing game if the seller is active or not.

Last night I spotted something I wanted to buy, but could I just buy it ? The answer is no, because the seller hasn't logged in here since April and their address is Colchester, Essex - IRELAND !!! I've sent them the usual questions which so far have had no response. This persisting issue must be driving the buyers away in hoards. I am so fed up with having to ask a question and then to sit and wait to see if a seller will respond or not before I can buy something here.

I know a couple of years ago there was a big clear out of the dump and run brigade and hats off to you for doing it but the problem is mounting again. I thought there was going to be a system put in place where if there was no activity over a certain period then the listings would be closed ? What has happened to this please ?

This issue is driving away buyers who might have used the site time and again if they had a good first time experience here. Please could eBid comment on what policy is in place these days to deal with this problem. Thank you.

Hi Becky,

Can you email us the username of the user pls.

We did introduce tougher restrictions quite a while ago which alleviated the bulk of the problem but we will take another look into making the rules even more stringent.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Becky,

We did introduce tougher restrictions quite a while ago which alleviated the bulk of the problem but we will take another look into making the rules even more stringent.

Thx,
    Gazza
    Thanks for taking the time out to answer Gazza.

Would you also be considering some of the above suggestion too?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Becky,

Thx,
    Gazza
    That is very good to hear Gazza as it's just not me. Others have posted on this thread that they are still having problems trying to buy here.

The name of the seller has been emailed and maybe you could also work out why Essex is now in Ireland ?!

Just an update. I have at last received a reply from the seller saying that the reason they haven't logged in is because they have been busy on another site and they opened an eBid Ireland account when they lived there but have since moved to Essex and haven't bothered to change things ! That is really weird surely they will be losing out on Paypal conversion fees with the euros ?!

Sigh, even though I have now had a reply from this seller it still doesn't solve my original problem that I had to ask questions first before I could hit the buy button and I hope you will still be taking action on this matter Gazza.

Becky, You are right. There are many posts on the forums from buyers who have not had responses from sellers. I'm glad you finally heard from yours, but ebid needs to get a better handle on this. Whatever process they are now using for 'catching' these inactive sellers is not working.

I have emailed 2 different sellers awhile back & never heard from either, but now one of the questions has disappeared from my Q&A tab does that mean the seller has been removed or that their auction was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    I have emailed 2 different sellers awhile back & never heard from either, but now one of the questions has disappeared from my Q&A tab does that mean the seller has been removed or that their auction was removed.
    Check in your 'watched items' section. When you ask a question on an item it automatically goes into the watched section. If the seller has answered then the listing should still be there. If it is not there then I guess either the seller or eBid have removed it.

Good to see a reply from Gazza on this, shows they do take this seriously. The fact that the OP has finally recieved a reply just highlights the problem eBid have, the seller has ended up being active, but only just. I guess we are back to the same old problem really, if we could get more buyers then the majority of sellers would log on and become more active, simply because they are making money

Essex seems to be doing very well here - we have a store within ebid France which (it seems) is located in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, FRANCE!!

Thread Information