eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    A response from eBid at this point would be very helpful please.
    Have you tried emailing them with a link to the thread?

I think an email worded much like the one in Jan's post would
    work for most people without putting their backs up.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I have messaged a seller here on June 12 2012 & have never heard back from them, after looking at their auction again it was listed over a year ago & all of their 169 listings were listed over a year ago. I was hoping ebid had improved in the 3 1/2 years since i joined, but once again i see it hasn't & i will have to continue selling on ebay but i will still list here & try to get some of my buyers to come here. I know ebay takes a big chunk of my profits but it is better then no profits.

Expecting a buyer to wait 30 or 60 days for a seller is only going to hurt all the active sellers here, If a seller hasn't been active within 5 days ebid should put a warning on the auction itself stating the seller has not been active within the last 5 days & maybe even disable the bid/buy it now buttons & send an email to seller & then if still no activity within the next 5 days move it to the unsold listing.

Ebid is not going to attract buyers with all these listings that have sellers gone for a year, once a buyer has a bad experience & starts telling others, the damage is hard to undo, word of mouth is the best or worst advertising you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Have you tried emailing them with a link to the thread?

I think an email worded much like the one in Jan's post would
    work for most people without putting their backs up.
    Tiz done. I've sent the link FAO Gazza & Mark.

Hopefully this thread has been alive long enough and had enough visits and replies for eBid to have seen and noted what is being said.

For those who say buy it now is the problem, it is not, sellers could list for 90 days with 10 auto reposts giving them 990 days for their listings which would still leave the problem.

I still think that the problem lies in the current policies and rules not being enforced, there have been periodic clear out of dump & run sellers previously, and these can only be done by applying the rules. What it does need is the rules to be applied continuously, not when it becomes a problem. Manpower may be a problem, but it should be something that can be automated so that it is flagged to the boys when the rules have been breached, if this is done and then action is taken then we should not have the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Hopefully this thread has been alive long enough and had enough visits and replies for eBid to have seen and noted what is being said.

For those who say buy it now is the problem, it is not, sellers could list for 90 days with 10 auto reposts giving them 990 days for their listings which would still leave the problem.

I still think that the problem lies in the current policies and rules not being enforced, there have been periodic clear out of dump & run sellers previously, and these can only be done by applying the rules. What it does need is the rules to be applied continuously, not when it becomes a problem. Manpower may be a problem, but it should be something that can be automated so that it is flagged to the boys when the rules have been breached, if this is done and then action is taken then we should not have the problem.
    Exactly. RUS and BIN has nothing to do with this. The problem is people aren't checking in on their auctions/stores.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    A few days ago I received an email from another site I sell on:

I didn't realize I had not signed in for a while and I really appreciated receiving this message. It's polite and to the point. Perhaps eBid could do something similar.

This would be helpful; also I like the 30 day time frame for seller login. This should be a long enough period of time to address emergency situations in most cases.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do agree with all of you. This is a problem that could be losing us buyers.
    Could ebid set up an automated monthly or bi-monthly or whatever email to all registered sellers that would require the sellers to reply that they are still here and active? If the reply was not forthcoming in a reasonable time (to be determined by ebid) then could the ones that haven't replied be put on some sort of hold, with their items not showing until they reply? Possibly with another email saying that their items will be removed if ebid does not receive a reply and if no reply comes within a set period after that then the non active sellers auctions would be removed. I don't know that much about computers. I don't know if this could be done, but could this not be set up to be done automatically without human input?
    Like I said I know little about computers. but I have heard many times that computers can do just about anything you want them to do. My 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    I do agree with all of you. This is a problem that could be losing us buyers.
    Could ebid set up an automated monthly or bi-monthly or whatever email to all registered sellers that would require the sellers to reply that they are still here and active? If the reply was not forthcoming in a reasonable time (to be determined by ebid) then could the ones that haven't replied be put on some sort of hold, with their items not showing until they reply? Possibly with another email saying that their items will be removed if ebid does not receive a reply and if no reply comes within a set period after that then the non active sellers auctions would be removed. I don't know that much about computers. I don't know if this could be done, but could this not be set up to be done automatically without human input?
    Like I said I know little about computers. but I have heard many times that computers can do just about anything you want them to do. My 2 cents worth.
    Yes it can be done, but it can also be done to just sellers who have not logged on, which would make more sense. But it would probably be the usual thing, eBid does not have the manpower, there are two big projects ongoing at the moment, the Mobile app and the API, along with bug fixes and regular updates and tweaks. I still think it would be worthwhile, but whether it gets done is another matter.

RUS is a problem, most sellers (not all) but most think my items are RUS so why should i log in, heck even auction times are a problem, it should be a max of 10 day auction with 10 auto relist 100 days is more then enough & then if the seller doesn't come back to relist at that point then we don't have all these dead listing running off buyers.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes
    Whatever was done would need to apply to sellers only !

We don't want to annoy buyers who may come on only occassionally.

Thread Information