eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

A few days ago I received an email from another site I sell on:

Thank you for taking a moment to review your account at XXXXXX

Our records indicate that you last logged into your XXXXXX account on: 06-26-2012

You currently have 15 items for sale on XXXXXX.

Do not worry, these listings aren't costing you anything, and if your items should sell, you will receive an email from XXXXXX notifying you of the sale and further instructions on how to complete the transaction. Please review your items for sale and remove any items that you no longer have for sale by clicking the "Delete" link to the right of the item on this page.

In an effort to keep XXXXXX listings current and insure timely responses to questions by our members, we contact sellers who haven't visited XXXXXX in over 30 days to make sure that their registration information is still current.

Your current registration details are as follows:

(DETAILS REMOVED BY ME)

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that XXXXXX auctions/listings are automatically deactivated if sellers do not read and/or reply (if necessary) to messages in a timely manner.

Thank you for using XXXXXX.
    I didn't realize I had not signed in for a while and I really appreciated receiving this message. It's polite and to the point. Perhaps eBid could do something similar.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    A good idea Pink but it still doesn't solve the problem that a buyer might be left hanging around if it is a dump and run listing which is not good for the rest of the genuine sellers here.
    Well if you walked into a bricks and morter store, found the storekeeper dead (inactive) he sure as hell aint gonna sell you anything!

The authorities (ebid) would remove the body (inactive seller) and the store would close.

I can's see a problem with that,except of course that the storekeeper may not be quite dead but might need a little assistance (electric shock therepy from da boyz).

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    This is a real problem. A log in every 30 days can't be too unreasonable, surely? I have an item on my Bought tab which is producing no replies from the seller. I'm fed up with it and don't blame buyers if they find it puts them off eBid entirely.

Agree! It would certainly make me go elsewhere if I had no reply from seller. It is hurting all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    James is an example of the eBid seller who might not log in to the site regularly but who checks email often and conducts eBid business that way. There is nothing wrong with that.

I suppose that eBid could close listings if a seller hasn't logged in for thirty days, and send them an email when they do it. They could abolish run until sold and make 30 days the maximum listing period (with no relists). Change listings to maximum 10 days with 3 relists?
    Abolishing RunTilSold would adversely affect very many sellers with large inventories.
    Many of them may be like James & only use the site when they have an email notification of a question or a sale, that doesn't make them a bad seller just a busy person.

Making a good seller relist every 30 days just because of the actions of bad sellers, would just drive away good sellers as well as the bad, it would also cause a lot of "bunching" of listings, something that many sellers try & avoid.

I agree something needs to be done about bad sellers,
    but it needs to be something that hurts just the bad sellers.

For instance

1. An email (a gentle reminder, not one with a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach) sent out to those who have not shown any activity on the site after a set period (for instance 21 days if the listings are live & maybe 30 or even 42 days if the listings are on holiday mode).
    2. Followed by another one 7 days later with the warning that, if there is no response, or site activity within 7 days, the listings will be closed.
    3. If nothing after 7 days all listings closed (NOT deleted)

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Thank you for taking a moment to review your account at XXXXXX

Our records indicate that you last logged into your XXXXXX account on: 06-26-2012

You currently have 15 items for sale on XXXXXX.

Do not worry, these listings aren't costing you anything, and if your items should sell, you will receive an email from XXXXXX notifying you of the sale and further instructions on how to complete the transaction. Please review your items for sale and remove any items that you no longer have for sale by clicking the "Delete" link to the right of the item on this page.

In an effort to keep XXXXXX listings current and insure timely responses to questions by our members, we contact sellers who haven't visited XXXXXX in over 30 days to make sure that their registration information is still current.

Your current registration details are as follows:

(DETAILS REMOVED BY ME)

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that XXXXXX auctions/listings are automatically deactivated if sellers do not read and/or reply (if necessary) to messages in a timely manner.

Thank you for using XXXXXX.

I didn't realize I had not signed in for a while and I really appreciated receiving this message. It's polite and to the point. Perhaps eBid could do something similar.
    I think that is very well worded Jan and just the kind of thing that eBid needs to do.

Ah yes, I just threw that out there about the Run Until Sold. Personally, I see value in the option for the active seller.

I have been considering using RUS myself, as my listing numbers of collectables increase.

Maybe that's all it would take is to send politely worded emails like the one that Jan got. Maybe that is all it would take to resolve this ongoing problem.

The timeframe suggested by Gothicina sounds reasonable to me. And I agree that items should be closed and not deleted. (Listings with errors, like the duplicates, should be closed and not deleted as well. But that is another subject.)

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am again waiting for a response from two sellers i have bought items from. It is getting beyond a joke
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

A response from eBid at this point would be very helpful please.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    A response from eBid at this point would be very helpful please.
    Yes, that would be quite nice if Gazza or someone from headquarters would respond.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Really like the message, straightforward and polite, definitely something eBid might want to consider.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information