eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

HI Guys,

I'm relatively new to EBid and would love to see it work, as FeeBay is clearly making it's founders very rich, and nobody else. However, I agree that it's not attractive to buyers OR sellers for many reasons, including it's un-userfriendliness on both sides. I have tried and failed this morning to set up a shop as I couldn't get past the 'Parent Category' box, whatever that is. Where are the Help boxes that pop up right through the process? Where is the Live online Chat that could've helped me out in minutes? I regard these things as basic customer care, and can't help feeling that a good deal more money needs to be put into quick responses to technical questions, and developing the user-friendliness. Oh, and of course having a massive and consistent advertising drive, in order to create a buzz around it.

Cathy

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SumptuousLingerie View Post
    .......Where are the Help boxes that pop up right through the process? Where is the Live online Chat that could've helped me out in minutes? I regard these things as basic customer care, .........

Cathy
    The help has been given. The advice is to be found on the posting you left on another thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MPS16; 3rd October 2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

HI Guys,

I'm relatively new to EBid and would love to see it work, as FeeBay is clearly making it's founders very rich, and nobody else. However, I agree that it's not attractive to buyers OR sellers for many reasons, including it's un-userfriendliness on both sides. I have tried and failed this morning to set up a shop as I couldn't get past the 'Parent Category' box, whatever that is. Where are the Help boxes that pop up right through the process? Where is the Live online Chat that could've helped me out in minutes? I regard these things as basic customer care, and can't help feeling that a good deal more money needs to be put into quick responses to technical questions, and developing the user-friendliness. Oh, and of course having a massive and consistent advertising drive, in order to create a buzz around it.

Cathy
    Cathy, I suggest you watch the HTVs [how to videos] on how to sell. They are great and will explain a lot more than I can in a post. Just click help at the top of any page and once on the help page look to the left side of page for the HTVs you want to watch. Hope this helps.

HI Guys,

I'm relatively new to EBid and would love to see it work, as FeeBay is clearly making it's founders very rich, and nobody else. However, I agree that it's not attractive to buyers OR sellers for many reasons, including it's un-userfriendliness on both sides. I have tried and failed this morning to set up a shop as I couldn't get past the 'Parent Category' box, whatever that is. Where are the Help boxes that pop up right through the process?
    Where is the Live online Chat that could've helped me out in minutes? I regard these things as basic customer care, and can't help feeling that a good deal more money needs to be put into quick responses to technical questions, and developing the user-friendliness. Oh, and of course having a massive and consistent advertising drive, in order to create a buzz around it.

Cathy
    Catch 22 - the only way for eBid to have those things would involve a big fee hike to pay for the extra manpower, & the advertising.

You are comparing a multinational corporation, with 1.000's of employees around the world & a massive budget,
    with a small private Ltd Company in the UK, with employee numbers probably still in, or scarcely over, single figures.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    View ZenKarma's Feedback (+61)
    All-About ZenKarma
    View ZenKarma's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Gothicina said

Be patient and learn and understand how eBid works and how and where it differs from eBay.

The site should get rid off list until sold and replace with the auction expires every 30 days at a max. If they list something on here 5 months ago then forget about and somebody buys they might not get there item.
    Also the lister tool to bring items from ebay to over to ebid does not work.
    When you select a payment method you should be able to make that your default payment method.
    Posted 4 auctions yesterday at a penny and still have not received any bids so it could use some buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by sellingnow1982 View Post
    The site should get rid off list until sold and replace with the auction expires every 30 days at a max. If they list something on here 5 months ago then forget about and somebody buys they might not get there item.
    Also the lister tool to bring items from ebay to over to ebid does not work.
    When you select a payment method you should be able to make that your default payment method.
    Posted 4 auctions yesterday at a penny and still have not received any bids so it could use some buyers.
    Welcome to eBid. Lots of sellers find 'run until sold' very useful particularly if dealing with thousands of listings. eBid has listened carefully to the opinions of its members again and is now addressing the problem of absent sellers with a warning email after 60 days stating their listings will be closed in seven days if they don't log in.

As for the Ninja lister I'm sorry I can't help you there as I don't use it. I would start another thread to ask for advice if you have a problem with it.

Defaults can be set from your 'My eBid' page, look at the list on the left hand side.

As you have only just started here I would strongly suggest you read all the helpful threads about selling on the forums. eBid is different to the other site as it is smaller and you cannot expect to just sit back and get instant results. I would change your penny items pronto to a price that you would be happy with as bidding wars are not common here yet and you might end up out of pocket ! Good luck.

Wonderful help and advice cornishmaid1961.
    Welcome to eBid all newcomers, and if you have any problems/questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
    The forums are monitored with not only a dedicated team of knowledgeable and helpful eBid members, but also real-life, personal replies from the guys that run this site.
    No question is too big or too small - just ask, and you shall receive!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information