eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Default Please eBid something needs to be done ...

Please eBid you need to do something about this persisting problem which has been discussed time and time again.

If I want to buy something on other sites it's simple I press a button and buy the item. Here, unless its a trusted forum member or somebody with good feedback, it's a continual guessing game if the seller is active or not.

Last night I spotted something I wanted to buy, but could I just buy it ? The answer is no, because the seller hasn't logged in here since April and their address is Colchester, Essex - IRELAND !!! I've sent them the usual questions which so far have had no response. This persisting issue must be driving the buyers away in hoards. I am so fed up with having to ask a question and then to sit and wait to see if a seller will respond or not before I can buy something here.

I know a couple of years ago there was a big clear out of the dump and run brigade and hats off to you for doing it but the problem is mounting again. I thought there was going to be a system put in place where if there was no activity over a certain period then the listings would be closed ? What has happened to this please ?

This issue is driving away buyers who might have used the site time and again if they had a good first time experience here. Please could eBid comment on what policy is in place these days to deal with this problem. Thank you.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please eBid something needs to be done ...

I have to agree, it needs to either show clearly on listings when the seller was last active, or there needs to be a deal where sellers have to log in, every so often to prove they are active.
    You cannot expect buyers, especially people new to online buying, to jump through "messaging the seller to ask if they are active" hoops either. They want to buy something upfront and having it posted to them in a reasonable time without a lot of folderol or hanging around on "are you active" answers. It should be a definite that the seller IS active.

Essex - Ireland? Now thats a glitch and a half!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree with both of you. With that said, I would hope that Gazza/admin will set the inactivity period NO LONGER THAN 60 DAYS. In previous threads to this subject I have seen a few forum members suggest as long as up to a year inactivity....HUH???

Let's batten down the hatches eBid! Sign in to your account within 60 days or bye-bye dump-n-runners!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think inactivity should be set for between two weeks and a month.
    Possibly then with warnings sent, and another three weeks or so before lstings are put on hold.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dump and run has been an issue for at least as long as I have been a member. I agree the issue needs to be fixed but I dont agree with time periods presented.
    Why shouldnt eBid expect sellers to respond to buyers within a reasonable amount of time which in my opinion is 24 to 48 hours max!
    Are there really buyers out there willing to wait 30-60 days to find out if their purchase is in fact real?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Dump and run has been an issue for at least as long as I have been a member. I agree the issue needs to be fixed but I dont agree with time periods presented.
    Why shouldnt eBid expect sellers to respond to buyers within a reasonable amount of time which in my opinion is 24 to 48 hours max!
    Are there really buyers out there willing to wait 30-60 days to find out if their purchase is in fact real?
    In an ideal world it should be 24 to 48 hours max with holiday notices in place to cover any absence but there has to be some leeway in case of emergency situations.

If there was a sensible time limit set to make sellers respond more then the listings could be removed from dump and run sellers that can't be bothered to log in and buyers would not be looking at items that they cannot buy !

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I agree with you.... isn't this why we have to answer questions within such a time frame otherwise listings are removed? eBid obviously sees this as reasonable - so why can't it apply to dump & run also?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I think inactivity should be set for between two weeks and a month.
    Possibly then with warnings sent, and another three weeks or so before lstings are put on hold.
    Yep...agreed. I must admit I felt a tad squeemish about posting a lesser time than 60 days! But I'm with you. Show activity between 2 weeks to a MAX of 1 month is fine with me!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I agree with you.... isn't this why we have to answer questions within such a time frame otherwise listings are removed? eBid obviously sees this as reasonable - so why can't it apply to dump & run also?

I dont beleive its monitored as it should be. I asked a seller a question waited a month, no response and listing was still active.

Thread Information