Thread: Let's make ebid Number 1 - In 2 years

View apennysaved's Feedback (+15)
    All-About apennysaved
    View apennysaved's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Let's make ebid Number 1 - In 2 years

hey guys,

Firstly, a little rant. Please bare with me,

i've been selling on the other site for a few years now, every time the fees increased or the seller's got less and less right, I complained to myself but stuck with it.

This month however, is the final straw. my sales this month on that site is $362 so far, but what do I have in my paypal account after they have taken their share? $227, and most of that is on hold until the buyer has told them they have received the item! I know my story is nothing new, and there are thousands and thousands of people out there going through the same thing.

I signed up to ebid a few months ago, added some items, and expected some sales. Obviously this didn't happen, I thought to myself - i can't be bothered to promote my items and go out of my way to try and sell some things, why should I? But now I see what many of you realized before me, its better to sell less items on this site but keep more of your profit.

After this month I am done with the other site, once my listings are completed I am out of there, for good.

So we all know that if we sell something on this site, we keep most of the profit because of the fee's. The one thing we need to change is the amount of items selling on here.

I have just moved to the USA with my wife, so right now I am in the middle of a visa process that will take up to another 6 months, this all means that I cannot apply for work at the moment, giving me A LOT of time on my hands. I am willing to invest this time promoting ebid to make the site better for everyone involved.

One idea I saw mentioned a few days ago, was ebid bumper stickers. I am happy to sell these on the site, at a loss, and send them to as many people as I can to promote the site. If anyone has any idea where I can order these from, please send me in the right direction. I believe the US market could be key to ebid's success!

sorry to bore you all to death with my ramblings, but i am pretty excited to be involved in this.

So add your thoughts and ideas here, the more of us we get, the easier it will be!

lets make ebid number one on the powersellersunite listings by July 6th 2014!

The challenge is set!

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Let's make ebid Number 1 - In 2 years

Please bare with me
    Much too much cellulite to be doin' that

Your enthusiasm is great - and most refreshing

The question of bumper stickers has been raised several times over the years. It is not my place to speak for Gazza and Mark, but maybe it is on their 'to do' list. Who knows. But I can't see any reason why it should not be approved. I have one (bought on here a couple of years back) in my rear window

Good luck with your sales.

View BARJOYS's Feedback (+1566)
    All-About BARJOYS
    View BARJOYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

well more and more sellers are coming over from the dark side but the buyers are not following them wish they would though
    https://stores.ebid.net/essex-hospitality-supplies

Hospitality Supplies from Toiletries to Bedroom accessories all aim to help keep your customers coming back again and again

Well...these were my thoughts.
    Ebay (and paypal) taking more and more of my profit each year (some 20% now) decided me to try and sell my items here.
    As orbitsandsandpieced pointed out, the buyers are not following.
    I've been here for 4 months and actually sold...1 item (10 pounds value) and had 1 non payer.
    Tried weekly auctions but nothing, all are "run till sold" again now.
    My sales (not profit) on ebay are a few thousand pounds a month so here you see the difference.

Funny thing is my prices on ebid are lower because of the lower commisions but nobody knows apparently...

Long way to go.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitsandPieces View Post
    well more and more sellers are coming over from the dark side but the buyers are not following them wish they would though
    True, though it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm not an econ expert by any means, (need a calculator to do basic math), but it seems as if buyers should follow sellers. Back in the day when I was working and buying a lot, I always followed my favorite sellers, (that's how I wound up on Yahoo! Auctions back when they had a U.S. auction site and iOffer as well). Perhaps we all need to spread the word a bit more; U.S. buyers especially don't seem to know much about eBid, which is why I'm always talking it up wherever I go.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivecamsNL View Post
    Well...these were my thoughts.
    Ebay (and paypal) taking more and more of my profit each year (some 20% now) decided me to try and sell my items here.
    As orbitsandsandpieced pointed out, the buyers are not following.
    I've been here for 4 months and actually sold...1 item (10 pounds value) and had 1 non payer.
    Tried weekly auctions but nothing, all are "run till sold" again now.
    My sales (not profit) on ebay are a few thousand pounds a month so here you see the difference.

Funny thing is my prices on ebid are lower because of the lower commisions but nobody knows apparently...

Long way to go.
    You have 1 live auction listing as a bid/buy now option but a start date for Sunday, no one can start bidding until then - time/opportunity wasted.

Run Until Sold listings remain at the bottom of the eBid list never to rise to the top for all to see - consider changing them to 'live' auctions.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

OP
    "We" have been trying to build up ebid for the last 3 to 8 years!
    Great that you are going to help us.
    How will ebid ever get to number one on the PowerSellersUnite Chart when they don't even update it.

But yes your idea of the car stickers is a good one.
    But I think that it is ebid's job to make them and sell them
    I would certainly buy one.
    But car stickers only last 6 months or so in the hot sun.

And if they did do one, they should make them aimed at buyers
    Eg "I buy on ebid.net"

Some Intermediate targets would be
    To get to 10 million listings (a nice round number)
    To get a higher Alexa rating than ecrater and bonanza (a long way to go)
    To get higher listings numbers than bidtart (just about there)
    To get higher listings and sales than etsy (a very long way to do)

But really its up to ebid, not us.
    What are their targets and goals ?
    They may just want a steady stream of new lifetime sellers....
    Ebid is a private business.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 7th July 2012 at 06:27 PM.

I have mentioned the car sticker idea a few weeks ago, and am willing to do some of the legwork. If you are interested in sorting them for the USA then that would be great, I could do the UK and we could have the appropriate eBid logo's. I will contact the guys and see if I can get the OK so that we are not breaking any copyright.

As far as making eBay number two, that would be great. The reality is though that we need to strengthen eBid in order to do that. I agree with the 10 million target for listings, it will show sellers and buyers that this is a serious site with a great choice. Just checked the numbers and they show 6,272,642 live listings, the 6 million was reached just over a month ago, so that is a great increase. On sales I can only speak for myself, but I have had record months 5 times this year, sales last month were 300% up on the end of last year and so far this month I am well ahead again. In fact I have equalled my daily sales record again today (still time to beat it), the second time in three weeks I have done so. Sales are increasing, both to new members and to repeat buyers. We can move eBid up into the place we all want it to be, and with the number of disgruntled eBayers and the current climate where many people need to save money, it might happen quicker than many, even on eBid think.

OP, if you PM me we can have a look at getting something going on the car sticker front.

Forum Newbie
    View googieking's Feedback (+1014)
    All-About googieking
    View googieking's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI
    I too came over from the other side and totally agree with you,the bumper stickers are a great idea as we do need more buyers for us to make ebid no.1.

View apennysaved's Feedback (+15)
    All-About apennysaved
    View apennysaved's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you think we have to wait for Mark and gazza's approval, or just go ahead with it?

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    Much too much cellulite to be doin' that

Your enthusiasm is great - and most refreshing

The question of bumper stickers has been raised several times over the years. It is not my place to speak for Gazza and Mark, but maybe it is on their 'to do' list. Who knows. But I can't see any reason why it should not be approved. I have one (bought on here a couple of years back) in my rear window

Good luck with your sales.

Thread Information