eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBid Featured in eCommerceBytes Newsletter!!!!!!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Featured in eCommerceBytes Newsletter!!!!!!

YAY!! We have been featured in today's edition of eCommerceBytes newsletter!! Here's the article!

eBid Breaks Record Listings, Launches Multiple-Item Checkout
    By Ina Steiner
    EcommerceBytes.com
    July 03, 2012

eBid launched a new multiple-item checkout capability and said it broke a record in June with 6.2 million live listings. The global "eBay alternative" auction site said this spring it had close to 23 thousand stores.

eBid co-founder Gary Sewell also said eBid is adding Skrill (Moneybookers) to its integrated payment providers in the next few days. "We already have PayPal, Google Checkout and PPPay," he said. "We did build Amazon Payments into eBid but received sharp notification from Amazon as to their unwillingness to allow eBidders to use the option, so it was removed."

Swell said the company's mobile app is still in development and is now its first priority. "It is taking a little longer than hoped for, but we are excited about its launch and the potential the mobile market has for eBid's future."

eBid's new Multiple Item Checkout (MIC), launched last month, lets buyers instantly checkout when they buy multiple items from a seller without the need to wait for an invoice. Previously buyers had to pay individually for each purchase from sellers or else wait for an invoice to be created by the seller.

And eBid made some improvements to its new Make an Offer feature, launched in April. Sellers can now set auto-accept and auto-decline prices, and they can now add notes to transactions so that the exchange between sellers and buyers is more informative and more realistically matches a "real life" buying/selling conversation. (Buyers can add notes to an offer and sellers can add notes to a counter-offer.)

And how will Google Shopping's change from free to a paid-only model affect eBid visibility? Sewell said the move did not come as a surprise. "It was the next logical step for the products site and also Google as a company to help keep profits growing and to placate shareholders," he said. "We will continue to feed all our items to Google Shopping and will be paying to advertise, we expect our strategy will take some time to develop and will be tweaked as we learn more about the new platform."

Default Re: eBid Featured in eCommerceBytes Newsletter!!!!!!

Just the sort of publicity eBid needs. We need to keep on breaking records and getting them mentioned, the more people see that eBid is growing the better. I would have liked to have seen someting regarding sales as well as listings, if we are to attract more of the disgruntled eBayers then it would help if they could see that sales are rising at least as fast, if not faster than listings. But overall, plenty to attract people to the site.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent, thanks for sharing this.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Hurrah, Moneybookers is being intergrated at long last ! Also very good news that our Google feed is going to continue. Great stuff eBid

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    "We will continue to feed all our items to Google Shopping and will be paying to advertise, we expect our strategy will take some time to develop and will be tweaked as we learn more about the new platform."

Extremely happy (and somewhat surprised) with that statement about Google Shopping.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Hurrah, Moneybookers is being intergrated at long last ! Also very good news that our Google feed is going to continue. Great stuff eBid
    I've been waiting for this for ages...just went to Moneybookers and I can't use it until I have uploaded some money...only I don't have any.

So you will all need to raid my stores and pay me by bank transfer so I can get this sorted ...lol

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by iwiw60
    "We will continue to feed all our items to Google Shopping and will be paying to advertise, we expect our strategy will take some time to develop and will be tweaked as we learn more about the new platform."
    Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

Extremely happy (and somewhat surprised) with that statement about Google Shopping.
    Me too Yay!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, great to see Gazza doing the odd press release.

And notice that all the news is positive from a sellers point of view compared to ebay where all of their changes are anti-seller.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

I agree, this is excellent - Google Shopping is very important in promoting sales on this site.

Good news to hear.

Thread Information