Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ydc 101

Default Re: Ydc 101

I thought I would like to explain that even though I have a personal interest in this because of my kids. My family is extremely lucky. My son is retired Coast Guard and has a job with the company that supplies some of the helicopters for the fires. They have had few losses--a fridge and a freezer because of spoiled food. They have very good insurance and will be covered for their losses and the cost of their evacuation.

My concern has been for all the ones that do not have the resources to rebuild their lives.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are so right Dardonboi. There are so many who have not been as fortunate as your son and daughter-in-law.

We can only do our best and try to support as much as we can.

Lets hope that lots of peeps, Newbies too, will take part - listing & bidding so that we can raise enough to make a difference to as many who are suffering as possible.

This is going to take a long recovery time for a lot of folk....

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    How about:

Title:
    Help needed for the Colorado fire disaster

Content:
    Please join the Charity & Fund-Raising forum and give us your support and ideas for the next YDC 101 Charity Auction event taking place on 24th thru 28th of July 2012.

As Cornishmaid1961 suggested I have written to Support and asked about this possibility.
    Support have written back and requested that we use the Plug Your Auction Forum.
    I used the Plug Forum yesterday for this very purpose...

I will keep using my Plug Thread to try to increase awareness..... and hope that support & ideas can continue on this Charity thread in the meantime.....

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I might just pace my listings and plug when there is a new one done. Though that would mean being organised

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    As Cornishmaid1961 suggested I have written to Support and asked about this possibility.
    Support have written back and requested that we use the Plug Your Auction Forum.
    I used the Plug Forum yesterday for this very purpose...

I will keep using my Plug Thread to try to increase awareness..... and hope that support & ideas can continue on this Charity thread in the meantime.....
    I've put a notice on my Plug Thread. When people check out the Plug Forum and hover over my ♥♥ Jewelry ♥ Knit & Crochet ♥ Boxes ♥ Auction Templates ♥♥, they will see the 'plug' for Colorado. Check it out.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I might just pace my listings and plug when there is a new one done. Though that would mean being organised
    lol!!! Love your humour meebo.

I've just utilised my Plug Thread again for the cause.

I see ACS Community LIFT is on Facebook & Twitter also... I don't do either but if somebody does that might be a good idea also ?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Jewel, very catchy title, nice.

Sarge, thanks for pointing out the past history, it helps. Was it a situation where everyone was pimpin their auctions and not YDC as to gain more participation?
    No nothing like that Al. We used to have the announcement thread, the pimp thread and the tally thread on the KT but then others went starting their own threads to discuss various things that were going on in the YDC. Some people who had never taken part in the YDC obviously didn't like the amount of discussion going on and complained to support and it was all sent packing to the charity forum.

It was a real blow at first for a few months as there was little exposure but things picked up again when Raindropsies, who was in charge of the YDC at that time, managed to get the pimp thread back on the KT on the condition that everything else YDC related stayed in the charity forum.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought the "Plug Thread" could also be used to plug one's auctions (YDC or non-YDC)

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I've put a notice on my Plug Thread. When people check out the Plug Forum and hover over my ♥♥ Jewelry ♥ Knit & Crochet ♥ Boxes ♥ Auction Templates ♥♥, they will see the 'plug' for Colorado. Check it out.
    Thanks for this I've just seen yours & done the same. I've also put tags on.
    Last edited by cheaver; 5th July 2012 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I thought the "Plug Thread" could also be used to plug one's auctions (YDC or non-YDC)
    Yes you can plug which ever auctions you want to on your plug thread. I'm talking about general chat threads about the YDC which people add to.

Thread Information