eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

@Dzambo
    Out of the six million listings on ebid, 5 million are available to the USA.
    So I think there are more USA buyers than people think.
    But I agree that ebid has a long way to go to catch up the 3 alt sites in the USA as regards Alexa ratings (traffic)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    What about ‘’brand new’’ members who not yet selling on eBay or eBid or any other auction site…or buyers…what anyone think where this peoples go…?
    And one of reason in the last year 3 or more years we go up with about 3 millions listingbut other side go about 50 million…
    In the end buyers don’t care for the fees and buyers always go where is much choice to buy…and in here we have much more UK sellers and buyers too so in that way USA buyers will not have much choice to find much cheaper stuff because of shipping…
    Is just long way to go even to draw a little more sellers and buyers from USA market….
    Without USA market any business just can't go trough........
    I would guess that 60% of those listings are duplicate/triplicate ones.

eBid does not allow duplicate/triplicate listings - if they did, then the listing amounts would end up in high million double figures.

I have seen listings on Ebay where sellers have 10 listings for the same item over and over again for each item that they sell hogging up the first few pages.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Without USA market any business just can't go trough.......
    And no war can be won with the yanks either...lol

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Dzambo
    Out of the six million listings on ebid, 5 million are available to the USA.
    So I think there are more USA buyers than people think.
    But I agree that ebid has a long way to go to catch up the 3 alt sites in the USA as regards Alexa ratings (traffic)
    Like I write already…’’USA buyers will not have much choice to find much cheaper stuff because of shipping…’’…

If we just took only small size or not heavy stuff not much help because even for this stuff shipping is much much higher from USA sellers…
    For bigger and heavy stuff just don’t ask or don’t look…
    So after all no avail at all and again if we have 5 millions available to USA buyers cost too much and top of that on other site person can find exactly same items in much more large numbers of quantity with cheaper shipping and no reason at all to look on other sites around…
    I just don’t see that many in here who sell that much in meaning of the money from UK to USA buyers…
    I don’t know if sellers lost the money on eBay but again buyers don’t care for that…many stay because of traffic…
    In the end ‘’that circle’’ will continue in the future too where will come new members or new buyers too…I mean in the overall numbers of listing and sales one bigger site vs all other alternative sites…you can see for yourself even after rip-off fees in the last 3 years 50 millions vs 3 millions listed, so buyers and sellers just looking where is the traffic…and traffic can bring only auction site not members after many years anybody can see that…we will grow but even in higher speed this going to took lifetime and that mean many in here not will be around…and that’s all matter ‘’give me now’’ after I gone I don’t care anymore…..
    In the future eBay will look more and more how attract buyers and make more money, eBay don’t care for the sellers knowing exactly many just don’t have much choice because none around can give you that traffic…anyway many will move out but will be the same story after all for many just remembering ‘’good old days’’
    This is all for overall numbers and traffic for all members on other site and for all members from all other alternative sites…and that mean couple only sellers from millions can’t give you real situation how it is for sales or for how much you can sell in overall…
    eBid is very good but still UK and that mean for overseas buyers cost of shipping is too high…is very hard to do something in that situation and for advertising is too late, that chance is missed in 1998 or 1999…I mean only 2 guy’s or 3 I don’t know for sure founded eBay but even with that competitions with 2-3 guys and with small money nobody around take same chance…

P.S. Thanks for your reply ‘’babe’’…...

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

eBid does not allow duplicate/triplicate listings - if they did, then the listing amounts would end up in high million double figures.

I have seen listings on Ebay where sellers have 10 listings for the same item over and over again for each item that they sell hogging up the first few pages.

‘’Jan’’ that’s right a 100% but BUYERS don’t care for that…if buyers care many sellers will move out and eBay will go down a 50 millions listing not ‘’up’’…’’polishing’’ stuff around not much helping…sellers care only where is traffic and buyers care where to find much more choice…eBay allow that because the seller will pay fees for duplicate too and that mean eBay will make more money, will put some in advertising around to draw more sellers and buyers…all other stuff is not important…I hope bigger fees will take out many sellers but I can see in the last 3 years many just change how to sell, what to sell and business continues…

P.S. Thanks for reply ‘’Jan’’…....

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    And no war can be won with the yanks either...lol
    Well…I just start to watch ‘’War and Remembrance’’ and this ‘’Yanks’’ Victor ‘’Pug’’ Henry do perfect job in the business with ‘’Pamela Tudsbury’’…He is 71 year old She is 28 old…in both books and the series fell in love with him…I don’t if this normal but I think don’t’ mess around with the ‘’Yanks’’…

Oh, I forget I watch long time ago one movie with ‘’Richard Burton’’ with similar situation but much worse…and best scene is where he go with she to meet the parents of this girl…oh…boy…what next happened is ‘’surprise’’…but I think only in the movies that stuff can happened…in real life if you’re not rich no way…right…?.......

What about ‘’brand new’’ members who not yet selling on eBay or eBid or any other auction site…or buyers…what anyone think where this peoples go…?
    And one of reason in the last year 3 or more years we go up with about 3 millions listing but other side go about 50 million…
    In the end buyers don’t care for the fees and buyers always go where is much choice to buy…and in here we have much more UK sellers and buyers too so in that way USA buyers will not have much choice to find much cheaper stuff because of shipping…
    Is just long way to go even to draw a little more sellers and buyers from USA market….
    Without USA market any business just can't go trough........
    If we can attract new sellers then that is great, but if we can attract current sellers from eBay or elsewhere we are attracting experienced sellers who also have stock.

Last I saw eBay's listings were down 1.8 million, where eBid consistently rises. There is the snowball effect, as eBid attracts more buyers and sellers even more will join, conversely, as eBay loses sellers, which it is doing, more will leave.

I agree entirely that buyers will go where there is choice, but as with my last comment, the choice on eBid is increasing and on eBay decreasing. That will attract more new buyers as they find items through Google or whatever, but more so will make them more likely to revisit if they see there are many other items available at a good price.

Shipping prices will have an effect, but not only on eBid. The 145 million items on eBay are not all in the USA, and if I was on eBay I would be paying the same shipping costs plus FVF's on that cost. I have sold, and will continue to sell items to the USA simply because they are not available there, or the cost is greater than in the UK.

There are many businesses that not only survive but thrive without the USA. Yes it is currently the worlds biggest market, but the Euro zone is similar in size. It would be great if eBid could get bigger in the States, it is doing that, many of the new listings recently have been there, but eBid can still grow and survive anyway, UK listings were up over 100K yesterday. Making it big in the USA will simply speed up the process.

You have paid your money on here dzambo and you still visit the forums, will be great to see you back on here listing and selling, I for one think that will happen because from what I see eBid is continuing to move in the right direction and will become more viable and worthwhile, you never know, it might even buy your next BMW.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

And I just hate having to wade through those listings to find what I want,

Usually. it's Chinese or other east Asian countries that are responsible.

I got caught out last week when I bought an Item I thought I had 'at last' found in UK only to find the seller had not been candid with his location (Thailand).

God knows when I'll get it, but I wanted it last week.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    If we can attract new sellers then that is great, but if we can attract current sellers from eBay or elsewhere we are attracting experienced sellers who also have stock.

Last I saw eBay's listings were down 1.8 million, where eBid consistently rises. There is the snowball effect, as eBid attracts more buyers and sellers even more will join, conversely, as eBay loses sellers, which it is doing, more will leave.

I agree entirely that buyers will go where there is choice, but as with my last comment, the choice on eBid is increasing and on eBay decreasing. That will attract more new buyers as they find items through Google or whatever, but more so will make them more likely to revisit if they see there are many other items available at a good price.

Shipping prices will have an effect, but not only on eBid. The 145 million items on eBay are not all in the USA, and if I was on eBay I would be paying the same shipping costs plus FVF's on that cost. I have sold, and will continue to sell items to the USA simply because they are not available there, or the cost is greater than in the UK.

There are many businesses that not only survive but thrive without the USA. Yes it is currently the worlds biggest market, but the Euro zone is similar in size. It would be great if eBid could get bigger in the States, it is doing that, many of the new listings recently have been there, but eBid can still grow and survive anyway, UK listings were up over 100K yesterday. Making it big in the USA will simply speed up the process.

You have paid your money on here dzambo and you still visit the forums, will be great to see you back on here listing and selling, I for one think that will happen because from what I see eBid is continuing to move in the right direction and will become more viable and worthwhile, you never know, it might even buy your next BMW.
    Well…thanks for your reply I just look how it is and try to write only my opinion about that…and one things what is worry me is about UK members on eBay still on eBay in large numbers about 17 millions only from UK and buyers too and I read somewhere eBay makes couple hundred $ a day from sales where that peoples use only cell phones transaction and buy stuff without going in regular way with comp daily…and this is too much way too much….UK members now have eBid in sight and yet still not using very much I don’t know why or this peoples still not yet hear for about eBid…but this two numbers need to go down and go down pretty much to expect something in here bigger…
    I agree we grow daily but with that speed how it is against other site is going to took lifetime and many just don’t have that ‘’patience of time’’…I don’t know maybe eBay will help us with more higher fees and many will left eBay but I can see even 20% fees is not enough to because still 80% more to figure out how make profit from that rest of the money per item…and I say already many just change what to sell and switch to selling only items from which this days new generations of the buyers looking for…money is the money doesn’t matter what you try to sell just sell it…even after big mess on eBay and many rules I don’t see much from the numbers something bigger is changed and still very high hole between other site vs all other alternative sites…I hope that will is going to change in the future in much more speed how look now….eBid need to go up minimum with 20-30 millions listed item and separate from other alternatives because right now this difference is very small and maybe with that many items listed is going to put eBid much more on the world map without regular way of advertising…
    Yes….I paid for membership and I already pull out money from that long time ago much more what I expected but after all still too slow for me…I still visit the forum and I don’t see nothing wrong with that because I can see many members in here who comes before me stop listing and visit forum and write much more from me…and nothing wrong with that too if this members can I can too…
    In the end I will list again but like my friend ‘’Al’’ say not now….I will wait for higher traffic…in the past I list on eBid every day minimum 5 to 10 items each day and I do that in about 550 days in row not miss any day without listing but after all still very slow sales for me because not many USA buyers buy from me, so after all I decide what I decide and next time I do in different way…
    Thanks for your reply ‘’kreativebargains’’…....

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

‘’Jan’’ that’s right a 100% but BUYERS don’t care for that…if buyers care many sellers will move out and eBay will go down a 50 millions listing not ‘’up’’…’’polishing’’ stuff around not much helping…sellers care only where is traffic and buyers care where to find much more choice…eBay allow that because the seller will pay fees for duplicate too and that mean eBay will make more money, will put some in advertising around to draw more sellers and buyers…all other stuff is not important…I hope bigger fees will take out many sellers but I can see in the last 3 years many just change how to sell, what to sell and business continues…

P.S. Thanks for reply ‘’Jan’’…....
    That's true.

Thread Information