eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

The Powersellers Unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

I know this may not be ebid's fault.
    But it does look bad when the stats being updated hourly are the same for the last week or so.

That site is going downhill fast.
    Its Alexa rating has dropped way down and there are a few regular forum posters that keep it going.

PS ebid's Alexa rating has gone up in the last few months from 13,000 to 11,000.

Still a long way to go to catch up the other alts.

Default Re: The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

I had noticed the Alexa rating moving steadily up, but like you say, we need to get the stats out there. We all know that there are disgruntled sellers on eBay, and if they are looking for a new home we need eBid to look the best of the alts. I would like to see regular updates available that we can all quote and get out to as many people as we can, and to see eBid pushing them out to auction information sites, bloggers and anywhere else where they can have a positive impact. I am sure that sales have increased on the site, but it would be far better to have hard figures to quote and to be able to show people that it is continuous.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Powersellers unite ebid figure has been stuck for the last week or so

The trouble with a lot of the disgruntled sellers on FeeBay is like always, they'll moan and moan about the increase in the minimum final value fee and they'll moan and moan about the existing unfair policies and no doubt future ones as they are introduced, but as always, the larger majority of them will just stand there, bend over the desk and take it and do absolutely nothing proactive about it like give another auction site the time it needs to build up sales - like in another forum post I read a while back about a seller quitting eBid after a week! And they'll bend over and take it, lose even more from their profit margins while they increase their prices to regain their profit margins and see their sales dry up at the same time anyway!

As for stats, I do not put much faith in them and take them with a pinch of salt and I pay no attention to auction information sites.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    The trouble with a lot of the disgruntled sellers on FeeBay is like always, they'll moan and moan about the increase in the minimum final value fee and they'll moan and moan about the existing unfair policies and no doubt future ones as they are introduced, but as always, the larger majority of them will just stand there, bend over the desk and take it and do absolutely nothing proactive about it like give another auction site the time it needs to build up sales - like in another forum post I read a while back about a seller quitting eBid after a week! And they'll bend over and take it, lose even more from their profit margins while they increase their prices to regain their profit margins and see their sales dry up at the same time anyway!

As for stats, I do not put much faith in them and take them with a pinch of salt and I pay no attention to auction information sites.
    People will only take so much, and if they are forced to increase prices too much the buyers will only take so much, it may be a gradual reduction in profit due to fees, or a reduction in sales due to raised prices, but it will have an effect, and if we can get some of them to migrate it slightly strengthens eBid, while slightly weakening eBay.

I saw the same thread about the person quitting after a week, but I also see threads where people get the elusive first sales and are happy and staying here.

For stats and auction information sites some people do take note, and if it's information they need, they should be able to find it for eBid. If they find the info for other alts, it may influence them to go there.

The stuck figures are not eBid's fault it's something wrong at PSU please see thread :- http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...down&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post

Yes, and then there are those of us that came from E-bay to e-Bid, Webstore, and any other venues we can find because we HATE E-BAY.... and yet after about a YEAR have sold "0" items at the other venues. SO... I think if E-Bid and the others want to KEEP us e-bay haters they are going to need some REAL promotion of some kind.
    http://dearmond-tool-cnc-store.ebid.net/

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

@Castinggold

I know what you are saying but

Check this out

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...r-Record-Month

So if people that sell nothing in year on alt sites have only themselves to blame.

It seems to me that as the alt sites have low fees, they don't have any serious money with which to advertise.
    So the best thing we can all do is buy from sites such as ebid when we can.
    Tell everyone we know and post in forums etc about ebid
    And stop listing so much on ebay.
    When buyers go to ebay and find there is not so much stuff there they will look elsewhere.
    Besides ebay is fast turning into a big box retail store.

And ebid just added 100,000 new listings yesterday!

As Juliebabe says, people will keep on going to eBay while they can find what they want there. If eBid can start to get to that stage then we will have more chance of getting the repeat buyers that we need. The gap is closing, and for every seller who moves across and brings all their items with them, it is less choice on eBay, more on eBid. It seems more and more that eBay do not want small buyers, if that is the case then eventually they will either leave or be forced off by high fees or silly rules. There are a large number of people who got fed up of eBay, paid their money on eBid, listed for a few weeks, then gave up because they had very few or no sales. If they kept their items here, checked in at the end of the day (5 minutes) and responded to questions and supplied the goods when sold, then the number of items available would be greatly increased and the site would be much healthier.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

@Kreative.
    Well said.
    If I was ebid management I would be emailing all of the ebid members who joined up, and suggesting that they listed on ebid again.
    There must be thousands of them.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

What about ‘’brand new’’ members who not yet selling on eBay or eBid or any other auction site…or buyers…what anyone think where this peoples go…?
    And one of reason in the last year 3 or more years we go up with about 3 millions listing but other side go about 50 million…
    In the end buyers don’t care for the fees and buyers always go where is much choice to buy…and in here we have much more UK sellers and buyers too so in that way USA buyers will not have much choice to find much cheaper stuff because of shipping…
    Is just long way to go even to draw a little more sellers and buyers from USA market….
    Without USA market any business just can't go trough........

Thread Information