eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gazza - please comment on this issue

Default Re: Gazza - please comment on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I suspect its something that Gazza and co have no control over.
    Aside from the fact that the company showing many of these ads is registered to Gazza himself, if that were the case then why not say so? It's the lack of communication about many of the issues on this site that annoys so many people.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

In the past we were asked to report to support ads which were for competitors so they could be blocked.

I do think that a clear policy statement would have been helpful as this has been raised.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Have you seen this link that comes up on google if you do a search for Ebid. I object to this.E bid UK | ebay.co.uk

Forum Lurker
    View wilber11's Feedback (+657)
    All-About wilber11
    View wilber11's Listings
    Forum Posts

HYPOCRISY (hi-pok-ri-si) simulation or pretence of goodness; feigning to be what one is not; insincerity.---HYPOCRITE (hip'-o-krit) one who dissembles (disguises) his real nature; a pretender to virtue or piety; a deceiver.----
    At it's Grandest.
    http://wilber11-stamp-store.ebid.net/

In case the powers that be aren't aware, they have the ability to block any ads they deem inappropriate for their site via the settings in their Adsense account. So, all ads from ebay (or any competitors) could be blocked quite easily.

On the other hand, I'm sure ebay pays a good amount per click (especially if they are specifically targeting the ebid website, which is possible via their Adsense settings). So, the ebay ads are likely a better-than-average revenue source for ebid's Adsense income.

It might be a good case for increasing ebid fees by a penny per feature to make up for revenues lost after blocking ebay ads. I think it would be a small price to pay to lessen the competition, here, on ebid. Just a thought.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebidder2012 View Post
    So, all ads from ebay (or any competitors) could be blocked quite easily.
    They have been for many many years. If you have seen an eBay ad then let us know and we will speak to Google.

In an ideal world Adsense would have a "ban your competitor" button but sadly this is not the case, bans can only be made on URLs that appear in the ads and as of today that number currently stands at 345.

Adsense serves different ads to different people, If we come across one then it goes. There is no guarantee we will see the ads you see. If you see an ad that you feel is unhelpful then do let us know like many of you do already.

We've deliberately kept advertising to a minimum on the site over the years but with the huge increase in our advertising costs as of this month we will be adding more in the coming months as a necessity.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Maybe keep the same number of ads (or less, even) and we, as supporters of the site, could simply click on one or two ads (no more!) every time we visit the site. That should increase ad revenue.

Members with an ad blocker would need to set it to be disabled for the ebid.net domain so they could see the ads. It would be a simple effort for members to make that could make a big difference (as long as we don't click on competing ads).

Thread Information