6 10.71%
  • I would think about having a bid column if it was an optional feature

3 5.36%
  • I do not think it is the right time for a bid column

2 3.57%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: To Have or Not To Have a Bid Column

Default Re: To Have or Not To Have a Bid Column

We're very rapidly getting to the point where I wish that eBid would try the bid column again - but just to get people to STFU about it.

It seems that the "pro" brigade have a real problem with anyone who doesn't agree with them. Instead of accepting that everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the "pro's" appear to take it that they are right and anyone who disagrees is clearly an idiot.

So what happens if eBid DO try the bid column again and then decide it doesn't work? Will the "pro" brigade finally shut up or, as is far more likely, will they keep complaining, perhaps claiming the trial wasn't long enough or that although it failed before it has been long enough to try again. . . . and again . . . . and again?

Whether the "pro's" like it or not, these decisions are up to eBid's owners and not us. Continually whining about it doesn't help anyone.

I voted.............. NO.........

The reason is: I do my own stats on my listings - traffic flow, where it comes from etc etc.... And my stats say very clearly 'buy it now'.

I respect other peoples opinions - as much as I am entitled to mine.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Ohhh the Rude and Insulting warning is in the wind... so be it if truth hurts.
    I must have missed any 'truth', all I have seen is your usual rant.

I don't care either way about a bid column. I don't think continually banging on about it is going to make it appear before the owners of eBid feel the time is right.

Of course, you won't agree with that as you only agree with people that echo your own views. You clearly cannot tolerate anyone that has the temerity to take a different view to yourself. A character flaw there somewhere?

Please can we keep this thread civil. I for one would like to see the outcome of Jan's poll which she has taken time and trouble in putting together for us and not have another one deleted.

I know this is a topic that has been raised time and again Damian but a lot of people feel this would enhance their business and would like some kind of response from management on this issue. Is it something they would consider in the near future ? Is it something they would consider doing next year? Is it something they would never put on the site again? Any kind of answer would be helpful for those of us that run auction style listings.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

This Poll is to invite members to vote and/or give their opinion about a bid column. All opinions are extremely important and give this Poll an insight into what would be a valued addition (or not) for sales to be more successful (or not).

Please maintain this Poll in a civil manner, the way it started out. Respect other's opinions and views and don't go nick-picking if you don't like it. Let's try and keep this Poll running for as long as possible to give as many members a chance to give their view on the subject.

Thank you for your co-operation.
    I value each and every one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I know this is a topic that has been raised time and again Damian but a lot of people feel this would enhance their business and would like some kind of response from management on this issue.
    So given that it has been raised time and again, and given that management have not responded with the information you've outlined, what makes you think that this time will be any different? Isn't their lack of discussion of the subject a response in itself? Aren't they already telling us that they are not interested in a repeat of a failed trial?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Please can we keep this thread civil. I for one would like to see the outcome of Jan's poll which she has taken time and trouble in putting together for us and not have another one deleted.

I know this is a topic that has been raised time and again Damian but a lot of people feel this would enhance their business and would like some kind of response from management on this issue. Is it something they would consider in the near future ? Is it something they would consider doing next year? Is it something they would never put on the site again? Any kind of answer would be helpful for those of us that run auction style listings.
    You beat me to it! LOL!

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    So given that it has been raised time and again, and given that management have not responded with the information you've outlined, what makes you think that this time will be any different? Isn't their lack of discussion of the subject a response in itself? Aren't they already telling us that they are not interested in a repeat of a failed trial?
    eBid were initially not interested in a MoA either - but after a long running Poll which remained civil and important input by many members were given the Poll gained a majority for the MaO - We finally persuaded eBid to give us the MaO option.

Hopefully, we can persuade them to give us the bid column if we conduct this Poll in a civil manner and, at least, give the many new members a chance to vote and/or reasons why.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I agree. I have come to realise, over time, that silence on a subject from eBid towers speaks volumes. I would hazard a guess that they know what they say would not be accepted by some, so maintain a dignified silence. As is usual, some making demands rather than suggestions. I think admin's open door policy leads some users to think they own the site and can dictate to the real owners the direction they should take with their business.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    .... if we conduct this Poll in a civil manner and, at least, give the many new members a chance to vote and/or reasons why.
    If we give the new members the chance to vote the majority will clearly want all the bells and whistles they were used to before they left Feebay - just without the cost. New members very rarely wait to see how this site works before properly evaluating whether features from over there would either work or are desirable. In addition it is often seen that only those who are in agreement with the object of a poll can be bothered to vote in that poll; many people who are not interested will not even read the thread. Therefore polls such as this give a skewed result which is fairly close to pointless.

Was that civil enough for you?

Thread Information