eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Ebid show the number of bids in the galleries?

Default Why doesn't Ebid show the number of bids in the galleries?

I don't understand why there isn't a Bid column on the gallery or list views? Like on eBay??

I would really like that

Thanks,

Tony

cotaticoins

Default Re: Why doesn't Ebid show the number of bids in the galleries?

So would a lot of other sellers, there has been many threads on this subject !

eBid did give us a bid column for a few months, when the site was a lot smaller, but took it away again saying it was detrimental to sales. The site has grown enormously since those days and I would very much like to see it being given another trial run.

Great, thank you for replying to my post Yeah they do need to do another trial run like you said. I have no clue why it would be detrimental to sales. I'll check out Becky's Hoard : )

Tony

It's done deliberately to annoy new members into joining us in the forums where they can read all the wonderful threads and find thousands of answers to questions they didn't yet know they wanted to ask.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

They don't want people to confuse it with an auction site
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    They don't want people to confuse it with an auction site
    That's not true. It's a short statured, three legged, brown furred, halitosis suffering Guatamalan yak they don't want it confused with . . . . and as you hadn't previously confused the site with a short statured, three legged, brown furred, halitosis suffering Guatamalan yak, I'd say they're doing a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by cotaticoins View Post
    Great, thank you for replying to my post Yeah they do need to do another trial run like you said. I have no clue why it would be detrimental to sales. I'll check out Becky's Hoard : )

Tony
    You're welcome.

... oh and I want some of what Damian is drinking !

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    That's not true. It's a short statured, three legged, brown furred, halitosis suffering Guatamalan yak they don't want it confused with . . . . and as you hadn't previously confused the site with a short statured, three legged, brown furred, halitosis suffering Guatamalan yak, I'd say they're doing a pretty good job.
    Have you taken your medicine?

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    it would also show a new potential seller how the site is doing , not alot of bidding going on , now you have to search completed listings to see the results , if enough sellers want it whats the reason ebid wouldnt want it , why dont they tell us
    if there was listing fees there would be no sellers on ebid , this is not a mean statement at all , the results in sales tell the story , there are numerous features that other site use and they work and should be applied on ebid , cant hurt
    Yeah I've sold on eBay for 10 years with over 9,000 positive feedback. I did 99% of my auctions selling coins, at .01 cent starting bid. When it shows the bids in the galleries, it generates excitement and in many cases confidence of what is being sold. Showing the number of bids does so much to help a sale and FUN. Show the bids please. Whenever I look for a fun auction, I look at the number of bids many times and join in the excitement. C'mon let's get this on EBID.

Ebay Policies Suck, I have been ousted from them from an old account that went back when I was sick. They will not let you have a second chance. They will cancel all your auctions. I am happy to be through with them. I now sell on EBID, Amazon, and the great new Yardsellr

Good Riddance eBay

Thread Information