eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NEW ON eBid -INTRODUCTION

Default Re: NEW ON eBid -INTRODUCTION

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    it says commercial use so that would be unathorized its really not that hard to understand links to e-commerce enabled sites are commercial
    It does NOT say "commercial use." It says "unauthorized commercial use." The word "unauthorized" is an implicit part of the clause and cannot be removed or ignored. (Business Law 101)

I repeat my previous question: what usage is authorized?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    It does NOT say "commercial use." It says "unauthorized commercial use." The word "unauthorized" is an implicit part of the clause and cannot be removed or ignored. (Business Law 101)

I repeat my previous question: what usage is authorized?
    ok unauthorrized commercial use so you cant advertise a commercial site without being authorized which really means you have to ask ebid to advertise your commercial site the answer would be one of two things authorized or not, i mean who else do you think authorization would come from the pope,!

"what usage is authorized?" well it would not be a commercial site would it its against the TCs

i think the problem with you is you forgot all about the TCs that we all sign up too your banging on about clarification when its already there .
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

They brought down our phone numbers and emails
    we actually wanted to have a toll free number implemented- only!
    for eBid customers we thought it would be a good idea
    so customers can get a hold of someone and ask tracking,
    or item condition- but we can see why ebid would think
    that would be conflicting.
    and we DON''T want any issues with eBid - The other site(Fee bay)
    really did the sellers wrong after they got big out of small business/sellers
    like us.. and it's just not worth trying to make a profit there anymore.
    we hope Ebid starts to gain some more power soon since we did pay for
    the life-time seller membership

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RenOneStop View Post
    They brought down our phone numbers and emails
    we actually wanted to have a toll free number implemented- only!
    or item condition- but we can see why ebid would think
    that would be conflicting.
    and we DON''T want any issues with eBid - The other site(Fee bay)
    really did the sellers wrong after they got big out of small business/sellers
    like us.. and it's just not worth trying to make a profit there anymore.
    we hope Ebid starts to gain some more power soon since we did pay for
    the life-time seller membership
    i would agree with what they did its one rule for all, were as you might have only used the phone number or other contact methods to do business via the site others may not, so the rules have to be applied to all, you can say items are tracked at point of posting on the listing and email the customer after the sale the tracking number item condition is all important on the listing with photos/description i ship all over the world via ebid if a potential customer wants more information they can email me via "ask the seller a question" which they do,

i also bought two items today the seller said i could get a better deal via there web site they supplied the web address i informed the seller i had paid for the items and it was not a good idea to advertise there e-commerce enabled site, they replied hi thanks were just getting used to the site, ive not reported them, but it just goes to show they dont read the TCs or just take no notice, there a large seller too with over a 1000 listings a business i find it hard to belive they did not read what they signed up too. the problem is rife i think it takes away business from the site and other sellers

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RenOneStop View Post
    ...we actually wanted to have a toll free number implemented- only!
    or item condition...
    Contact number for tracking can be given on sale via email, the AAL, or on the invoice. There is no need for that information before someone has made a purchase.

Item condition, if relevant, I would expect to be stated in the listing, but if the potential buyer wanted more information then that is what the Q&A on the listing is for.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Part of eBid's TC's:
    https://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?home=us&mo=register-main

"eBid prohibits the use of another internet service to send or post spam to drive visitors to your site hosted on or through the eBid system, whether or not the messages were originated by you, under your direction of a related or unrelated third party."

Part of eBid's FAQ
    4. My eBid Auction HQ
    My eBid is your own personalised auction control area.

17) What is the My All About Me area for?
    This is where you can upload your photo and information about yourself or your business or anything you want. These details will be shown on your "All About Me" page, buyers frequently view these pages to learn and to gain trust about the sellers they are buying from.

It is conflicting.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    "eBid prohibits the use of another internet service to send or post spam to drive visitors to your site hosted on or through the eBid system, whether or not the messages were originated by you, under your direction of a related or unrelated third party."
    The posting of any form of information on a user's About Me page is not 'spamming', so I don't see how that section of the T&Cs apply.

I don't see how it actually makes sense anyway, as nobody has a 'site' hosted on or hosted through eBid.

As regards actual spamming, it also reads that eBid forbids the posting of spam via any internet service other than eBid - i.e. it is OK to spam via eBid.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The posting of any form of information on a user's About Me page is not 'spamming', so I don't see how that section of the T&Cs apply.

I don't see how it actually makes sense anyway, as nobody has a 'site' hosted on or hosted through eBid.

As regards actual spamming, it also reads that eBid forbids the posting of spam via any internet service other than eBid - i.e. it is OK to spam via eBid.
    it means you cant use ebid as a third party ie hosting /through ebid to advertise or link to your site ie if you put a link to your own e-commerce web site or indeed any web site your using ebid as a third party,

"I don't see how it actually makes sense anyway, as nobody has a 'site' hosted on or hosted through eBid."

it does make sense if you put a link on ebid to a web site wether e-commerce or not your using ebid to host that web site

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Part of eBid's TC's:
    https://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?home=us&mo=register-main

Part of eBid's FAQ
    4. My eBid Auction HQ
    My eBid is your own personalised auction control area.

17) What is the My All About Me area for?
    This is where you can upload your photo and information about yourself or your business or anything you want. These details will be shown on your "All About Me" page, buyers frequently view these pages to learn and to gain trust about the sellers they are buying from.

It is conflicting.

first thing is your not drawing a distinction between the TCs and the advice the TCs are clear
    as i read it if you advertise your link to your e-commerce web site hosted on ebid and drive traffic to that link then the link is used it takes the traffic away from ebid so in effect your pimping of ebid and have no intention of carrying out a transaction on ebid

the other internet service for example could be google you have for instance 1 item showing there click on the link at google brings you to the listing on ebid and more inportantly the link /web site/phone number hosted by ebid then the contact is further carried on by leaving ebid to one of the three methods above, so ebid is in effect hosting you and your links to drive traffic to another web site this has no beneffit to ebid nor its members is against the TCs which clearly some people dont understand

Thread Information