Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Recently added listings and just opened new shops - Pretty Flamingo and Geezers Garb

Forum Newbie
    View nattynoodle's Feedback (+1207)
    All-About nattynoodle
    View nattynoodle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Recently added listings and just opened new shops - Pretty Flamingo and Geezers Garb

Have started moving items over from Eb*y recently but things have been very slow here at the moment - hope it will pick up soon as seems a good place to trade on
    Look forward to selling an assortment of different things eventually!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Recently added listings and just opened new shops - Pretty Flamingo and Geezers G

Hi and re-welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Default Re: Recently added listings and just opened new shops - Pretty Flamingo and Geezers G

I joined in March, started with a few items, but only sold one item and that wasn't clothing. I had also joined Yardsellr, so I threw myself into that site and practically abandonded Ebid.

I have had some issues with Yardsellr over money and I've come back to Ebid. I plan to throw everything I have into selling here. I opened a store and I've gotten my items list up, but so far, no sales.

Just wondering if clothes, shoes, and accessories are good sellers here? Any input would be more than welcome.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid.net! I love two of your dresses but I am afraid that they just won't fit me. Too bad. I have sold two hats similar to some that you have. Wishing you the best of luck here.

Forum Newbie
    View nattynoodle's Feedback (+1207)
    All-About nattynoodle
    View nattynoodle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Re: Recently added listings and just opened new shops - Pretty Flamingo and Geezers G

Hi
    Thank you to those who have made a reply to my comments! Sorry if l have taken a while responding but have had so many family commitments for the past few weeks and still ongoing....
    Still haven't made any sales with clothing just a few with knitting patterns,although l do have several viewers on most items - will just have to wait and see l suppose - shame things are so slow as l have SO much l could list but feel reluctant to spend time l can ill-afford to do it at the moment with the way things are...

Quote Originally Posted by Calafashions View Post
    I joined in March, started with a few items, but only sold one item and that wasn't clothing. I had also joined Yardsellr, so I threw myself into that site and practically abandonded Ebid.

I have had some issues with Yardsellr over money and I've come back to Ebid. I plan to throw everything I have into selling here. I opened a store and I've gotten my items list up, but so far, no sales.

Just wondering if clothes, shoes, and accessories are good sellers here? Any input would be more than welcome.
    I have 2nd highest number of listings in clothes. UK based but I hopefully that does not make too much difference. To be honest they are not that great, but they are improving. What I think will help is by having more sellers in the category and not only more items, but better items. Number of listings is hardly up on the UK side since I started here over 18 months ago, there are new sellers appearing and if they stick around then with luck the buyer choice will improve and we can get repeat visitors. Branded items do better, I think because they get picked up on Google, but make sure your title will show near the top on there. I have shipped quite a few items over to the USA, and with the price of shipping these days it could bode well for you as it does show there is a market. Things do seem a bit slow at the moment, but we have just had an extended bank holiday which has probably affected things. Prior to that I had record months for sales (not all clothing) in January, February, March, April, and was only one short of another record in May, so it looks like eBid is on the up. My sell through rate is also improving. You've been here before, so you know it is not eBay where you can sometimes just list anything and it will sell, but without the fees and hassle it is definately worthwhile being on eBid, it will take time to build things to a respectable level, but put in the effort and it will get there, it's taken me 18 months and I am now confident of reaching a level that I will be happy with, but I am not there yet even after that time. My personal opinion, and I have been known to be wrong, is that if we can get more sellers on eBid, we will get more buyers, we are catching eBay up slowly, they are losing sellers, we are gaining them, with luck the trickle will become a flood and eBid will have the listings to both attract and keep the buyers interested.

All the best, hope you can get those elusive sales.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nattynoodle View Post
    SO much l could list but feel reluctant to spend time l can ill-afford to do it at the moment with the way things are...
    The flaw with that is you cannot sell what you don't have listed. The item you haven't listed could be just the item someone is looking for.

That said, we all have to apportion our time according to our life priorities.

Thread Information