Quote Originally Posted by rajaorchids View Post
---snip---
The best thing we can do for ourselves is to also become buyers on this site. Think of it this way: we all need things for ourselves or as presents for our loved ones. Sometimes we buy these things online. So, if we could first look around the stores here and purchase here then we, in a way, contribute to the growth of this website. That is why, when I needed an orchid that I did not have in my collection, I looked at this website first and bought it from Larry's Orchids on eBid.
I agree on this. I do try to buy stuff through eBid when I can. However, I often find that prices here are much, much higher than I can get elsewhere on the Internet (that other big auction site, for example), or I find that what I need isn't available on eBid.

I'm actually considering adding a few things and trying a new store some of these items just because I think the eBid community could use them and they aren't available at all here.

Quote Originally Posted by rajaorchids View Post
We can also post our store link to our blogs. I also send regular tweets about my listings to my twitter account and also post them to my Facebook page on orchids. This enhances traffic to the website and to my store, thus improving eBid's Alexa and Google rankings.
My selling items (on my "selling ID") automagically get Tweeted and posted on my LinkedIn page. I'll probably add FaceBook soon (due to customers and friends who seem to demand I relinquish any illusion of Privacy I thought I used to have). I posted a "HowTo thread" about this earlier this morning. It's much easier to just put stuff on eBid and let automation make the Tweets and FaceBook posts and only have to do things once.