Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Ideas about Improving Site-wide sales for eBid.net

Default Some Ideas about Improving Site-wide sales for eBid.net

I have now been a part of this wonderful website for a couple of days and have been readings comments on different foras. What comes across to me as a sort of unanimous message is that the sales are not so high as compared to other auction platforms. I think the comparison is slighlty flawed as we are comparing this community-themed friendly platform to that offered by a corporation.

We can, however, collectively enhance the sales and boost the eBid.net profile. Offered below are some of my suggestions. I am not a businessman, so I offer these ideas for your consideration with all due humility:

• The best thing we can do for ourselves is to also become buyers on this site. Think of it this way: we all need things for ourselves or as presents for our loved ones. Sometimes we buy these things online. So, if we could first look around the stores here and purchase here then we, in a way, contribute to the growth of this website. That is why, when I needed an orchid that I did not have in my collection, I looked at this website first and bought it from Larry's Orchids on eBid.
    • We can also post our store link to our blogs. I also send regular tweets about my listings to my twitter account and also post them to my Facebook page on orchids. This enhances traffic to the website and to my store, thus improving eBid's Alexa and Google rankings.
    • And yes, inviting our buyers from other websites is also a great step and it has already helped my store.

These are just a few thoughts that i wanted to share. I hope this generates some more, probably better, ideas from all others on eBid.

(My eBid Store: http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...er-nice-things)
    Last edited by rajaorchids; 7th May 2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Adding signature

Default Re: Some Ideas about Improving Site-wide sales for eBid.net

How refreshing!

Welcome to eBid! I think you will do well here.

I think this is the first posting from a newbie that did not start with "if you would just do like they do on the other site". I don't think you will be a newbie for long. You have very good suggestions and I think there are lots of serious sellers that are doing a lot of those things. You are right in that our success here is because we do have to put more time and effort than on other sites.

Again thank you for a very positive and upbeat post.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    How refreshing!

Welcome to eBid! I think you will do well here.

I think this is the first posting from a newbie that did not start with "if you would just do like they do on the other site". I don't think you will be a newbie for long. You have very good suggestions and I think there are lots of serious sellers that are doing a lot of those things. You are right in that our success here is because we do have to put more time and effort than on other sites.

Again thank you for a very positive and upbeat post.
    Thank you so much for your kind words. As a rule, I have now decided to look at eBid first when buying something for myself and my family. This would apply, of course, only to my online purchases. I think this is a good way of putting our trust in our own site.

I agree! I don't buy much at this stage of my life but shop here first when I do.

Now if someone would just list some decent canopies for flea markets I would jump for joy. We lost 2 last weekend in a wind storm and will need to replace them before the summer is over.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I agree! I don't buy much at this stage of my life but shop here first when I do.

Now if someone would just list some decent canopies for flea markets I would jump for joy. We lost 2 last weekend in a wind storm and will need to replace them before the summer is over.
    My son has the type you have to set up yourself, with the tall poles and the blue heavy canopy covering. I suspect it would be at least 9' x 12' if you would be interested in making an offer. He takes good care of his stuff; he used it when he was doing flea markets.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome Rajaorchids, I have never seen a Newbie post a thread like this one. It is refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Welcome Rajaorchids, I have never seen a Newbie post a thread like this one. It is refreshing.
    Thank you so much for your nice and welcoming words. As promised on my original post, I just bid on another item. I had been wanting to try the Dynagro root gel for my orchid transplants, and found it on eBid on this store: GardenGoddess

My point is that the way the mechanics of this site work is quite simple: we all join as buyers and then upgrade to a seller account. This means that the site, in creating a seller base, hopes to also enlist us as buyers.

I will certainly keep trying.

Sincerely,

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well put rajaorchids! You are a most welcome addition to the eBid family.

BTW: Love the avatar and signature link, very pretty.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid.net. Your words are wise ones. I too try to shop here first. And add links wherever possible. Keep up the good work.

Well said. I also look here first, and buy around 4 or 5 items a month. I have had to make other purchases elsewhere as they were not available here, but that situation is improving. You are more than welcome on eBid, I have seen several of your posts and you have many good ideas and an excellent understanding of what it takes to make a success of selling. It is a pity we could not enlist a seller like yourself in every category, every week, if we could then sales site wide would greatly improve. Keep up the good work, and I hope all goes well.

On the buying from the site side of things. Please all feel free to browse my items. I have a large range of designer clothing, shoes and sportswear for all the family, along with a host of other items, all at a large discount to recommended price, all genuine, and all cheaper than eBay. Most of my clothing sales seem to come from new members, so I have come to the conclusion that I am the only non-naturist who sells on the site!

Thread Information