eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discovering eBid Auction Site

Default Re: Discovering eBid.net, Auction Site

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Would you like to be added to my Squidoo list of eBid bloggers? http://www.squidoo.com/ebid-bloggers
    Yes, and thank you for invitation!

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    excellent stuff!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Discovering eBid Auction Site

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I adore orchids and thought I would start a collection (so far 3 but I can't name them as they were bought from a supermarket who only cares about profit) but don't you have a problem with export of plant materials?
    Hi, yes most orchids sold in the big box stores are force bloomed and usually last only a season. Let me know if you have any questions about Cattleya orchids. Happy growing!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love orchids and have now 4 growing in pots and they surprise me all the time by producing new flowers. Now I want to share a very funny story (though maybe I should tell this in the stupid corner) For our silver wedding anniversary I was given an orchid in a glass container which only showed some gravel - no roots. I watered it from time to time sparingly. And it seemed to be happy. Then one day a good friend of mine visited and admired the plant. 'Please may I touch it? I love the feel of the leaves'. she asked, and I said 'yes, of course' She did and then she told me that I had been watering a silk flower. We both couldn't stop laughing. When I told this the giver of said plant, not only did she laugh, she told the lady who produced this lovely flower. Whenever we get together and mention orchids, we start laughing. I think I will never live this down (and now I have shared it with the world)
    Last edited by meebo1; 9th May 2012 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I love orchids and have now 4 growing in pots and they surprise me all the time by producing new flowers. Now I want to share a very funny story (though maybe I should tell this in the stupid corner) For our silver wedding anniversary I was given an orchid in a glass container which only showed some gravel - no roots. I watered it from time to time sparingly. And it seemed to be happy. Then one day a good friend of mine visited and admired the plant. 'Please may I touch it? I love the feel of the leaves'. she asked, and I said 'yes, of course' She did and then she told me that I had been watering a silk flower. We both couldn't stop laughing. When I told this the giver of said plant, not only did she laugh, she told the lady who produced this lovely flower. Whenever we get together and mention orchids, we start laughing. I think I will never live this down (and now I have shared it with the world)
    That is a great story! In my case whenever my wife and I are traveling and staying at some hotel, I always have to touch the orchids displayed to make sure they are not synthetic.

Thread Information