eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discovering eBid Auction Site

Default Discovering eBid.net, Auction Site

(One of my recent blogs about eBid)

Living in Denton, TX I do not have easy access to quality orchid growing nurseries; most of my collection has therefore come from online sellers. Recently, having developed sizeable collection, I have also started listing some of my own plants on Ebay. The Ebay venture is going really well and I have no complaints about their service.

I was, however, interested in looking for an alternative to sell my plants. My basic criteria:

A dependable and established auction site.
    A site that allows more for less.
    Lower listing fees and lower final value fees.
    Possibility of adding extra pictures for no additional charge.
    Possibility of opening a dedicated store with no extra charge.

I finally found out that eBid meets all these criteria. As soon as I opened an account, I was given the option to either create a free seller account or to purchase a “LIFETIME” seller account with plenty of extra features for a one time payment of $49.00 only. I found this offer especially intriguing as, after making my first and only payment, I am not worried about my account ever expiring. I have now listed some of my plants and coins on eBid and have also created a dedicated store. The Seller+ account allows one to create up to FIVE separate stores for no extra charge.1

I understand that eBid is not yet as established a site as Ebay and I am not likely to totally leave Ebay, but I do plan to slowly build my client base on eBid; the Seller+ account, with no monthly fees etc., can very easily give me the tools and time to establish my store on eBid. Also, their final value fees are lower and so far I have really liked the software and templates.

So, even though I have just started this venture, I do highly recommend eBid to all those who want more for less and have the time to build and establish their own online store on an up and coming auction platform.

Notes:

1. This is a great deal in comparison to Ebay. The Ebay store that I started (and then canceled) was costing me some $18.00 per month and after I created the store, I lost my free 50 listings/month. The Ebay stores are useful only for high volume sellers. The eBid stores, on the other hand, have no extra fees if you sign up for lifetime account with only one lifetime payment of $49.00, the promotional rate being offered right now.

Source: http://www.cattleyaorchids.net/2012/...-auction-site/
    Last edited by rajaorchids; 4th May 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Changing the title.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Discovering eBid Auction Site

Nicely put, thanks for sharing this.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rajaorchids View Post

Living in Denton, TX I do not have easy access to quality orchid growing nurseries; most of my collection has therefore come from online sellers. Recently, having developed sizeable collection, I have also started listing some of my own plants on Ebay. The Ebay venture is going really well and I have no complaints about their service.

I was, however, interested in looking for an alternative to sell my plants. My basic criteria:

A dependable and established auction site.
    A site that allows more for less.
    Lower listing fees and lower final value fees.
    Possibility of adding extra pictures for no additional charge.
    Possibility of opening a dedicated store with no extra charge.

I finally found out that eBid meets all these criteria. As soon as I opened an account, I was given the option to either create a free seller account or to purchase a “LIFETIME” seller account with plenty of extra features for a one time payment of $49.00 only. I found this offer especially intriguing as, after making my first and only payment, I am not worried about my account ever expiring. I have now listed some of my plants and coins on eBid and have also created a dedicated store. The Seller+ account allows one to create up to FIVE separate stores for no extra charge.1

I understand that eBid is not yet as established a site as Ebay and I am not likely to totally leave Ebay, but I do plan to slowly build my client base on eBid; the Seller+ account, with no monthly fees etc., can very easily give me the tools and time to establish my store on eBid. Also, their final value fees are lower and so far I have really liked the software and templates.

So, even though I have just started this venture, I do highly recommend eBid to all those who want more for less and have the time to build and establish their own online store on an up and coming auction platform.

Notes:

1. This is a great deal in comparison to Ebay. The Ebay store that I started (and then canceled) was costing me some $18.00 per month and after I created the store, I lost my free 50 listings/month. The Ebay stores are useful only for high volume sellers. The eBid stores, on the other hand, have no extra fees if you sign up for lifetime account with only one lifetime payment of $49.00, the promotional rate being offered right now.

Source: http://www.cattleyaorchids.net/2012/...-auction-site/
    I adore orchids and thought I would start a collection (so far 3 but I can't name them as they were bought from a supermarket who only cares about profit) but don't you have a problem with export of plant materials?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Welcome to eBid. An excellent blog that sums up exactly what you get on eBid. You have obviously researched this and know, unlike some new members, that eBid is not yet at the stage that eBay is at regarding sales. I presume that you are letting your eBay customers know you are here. You seem like exactly the sort of seller we need, you know that to be a success you need to put in the effort, and you seem willing to do so. All the best, and I hope that you have many sales on eBid, and eventually make it your main selling venue.

Quote Originally Posted by rajaorchids View Post

I finally found out that eBid meets all these criteria.
    That's a good write up but may I suggest an alteration?

Most U.S. users will assume that the web address is a dot com unless you tell them otherwise, so would you mind using eBid.net instead of just eBid?

TIA.

Hi: Thank you. I sell orchids only to the mainland US buyers. Good luck with your orchids!!

Thanks! Great editing suggestion. I have changed the title.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Orchids and coins in the same store. How strange.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Have you never shopped in a department store...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I know, but then I am hoping for crossovers between coin collectors and orchid collectors)

Thread Information