eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: again the ebid/google system fails to notify seller of payments made x2

Thumbs down again the ebid/google system fails to notify seller of payments made x2

bethb1961 [0] may 2
    [62459921]

jamwof7 [0] april 27
    [62578920]

Neither transaction was shown nor notified via the ebid icon system that the buyers had made payment!!!!!!!!!!!! This is becoming a pain in the ass and is the 4th time to date.(4 different buyers) In both current cases the icon remains a solid red indicating to me the seller that payment has NOT been made. Ebid has made no attempt to correct or explain this to date. I am also sure if it is happening to me it is happening to other sellers as well.

I would advise any seller to be wary about accepting google for payment and relying on the ebid google icon system to work properly to notify you that your customer has made payment.....

Unfortunately if this continues I will have to remove the google option of payment from my listings as it is not worth the potential problems it will cause in buyer/seller relationships.

I assumed that Gazza had fixed this problem until I got an email (again outside of the ebid system) from a customer wondering where his items were?
    Last edited by QuicksilverDiecast; 4th May 2012 at 12:56 PM.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: again the ebid/google system fails to notify seller of payments made x2

Ouch! So sorry to hear this happened. On your eBid Dashboard, under the "My Sales" tab are the 'sales' showing at all? If so, where the little "P" icon is...is it half-green, half-red???? This has, in the past, always been my "clue" that the buyer has paid via Google. The little "P" icon doesn't turn completely green until you go on over to your Google Merchant account and "charge" that customer...then it turns completely green.

Also, have you emailed support@ebid.net ?

I hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you!

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: again the ebid/google system fails to notify seller of payments made x2

I bought and paid via Google Checkout on Wednesday and here is the email trail.

Also the P turned half green until the seller accepted the payment.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  31.3 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't you get am email from Google to say that a payment has been made and to check your account? As I always get one.

And I think I've posted this before - what call back URL are you using so that eBid know that a payment has gone through Google:

"As well as adding Merchant ID and Merchant Key to eBid you must also add our callback URL https://www.ebid.net/perl/googlecheckout_in.cgi to your Google Checkout account.

Also choose the Callback method : XML
    and Shopping trolley post security : OFF. "

HTH

I have had this problem also. I was on the 60 day induction period when I had the problem, when it has happened the 'P' has not gone half green. I am now out of that period, but unfortunately I have not made a sale where the buyer has used Google recently. Another thing you can do is to set Google to charge the buyer instantly, if it is going half green it may make it fully green.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

I noticed an error email come in today for a callback to

https://www.ebid.net/perl/googlecheckout._in.cgi

with and extra dot. Make sure you don't slip up when adding the callback URL to your GCO settings.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Don't you get am email from Google to say that a payment has been made and to check your account? As I always get one.

And I think I've posted this before - what call back URL are you using so that eBid know that a payment has gone through Google:

"As well as adding Merchant ID and Merchant Key to eBid you must also add our callback URL https://www.ebid.net/perl/googlecheckout_in.cgi to your Google Checkout account.

HTH
    I have just made the changes, hope it works, which I'm sure it will.

If anybody else is adding this then when you log in to your Google account, go to the Settings tab at the top, then on the left hand side select the Integration link.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post

HTH

I have rechecked and reentered the information and will see what happens, if it is working properly will it turn the icons green on the previous two transactions(after reentering the information in GCO)?

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Updating your callback URL will probably not affect past transactions. You can make them green yourself if you have been paid.

On recent transactions, eBid has sent me an email notification of google payment which I did not used to get. I find it unneccessary to send this type of email to thousands for the missteps of a few.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Thread Information