Thread: Wow no pressure or threats.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Wow no pressure or threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyvids View Post
    Hi all.
    I also decided to give ebid a try after getting annoyed with ebay. It's a lot easier to list stuff on here and I like that I have been able to import my listings and hard earned feedback from ebay.
    I am a bid disappointed with the lack of activity on my auctions but the lack of fees until they sell takes some of the pain away. Hopefully things will pick up soon. I guess that ebay think they pretty much have a monopoly on the market. The sooner more people wake up and head this way the better. I just hope that as ebid grows they don't change too much.
    Welcome to eBid.
    Maybe one of the reasons you are not selling is because, for example, you are asking for GBP 125.00 for the Japanese Laser Disc here on eBid and you are asking for GBP 110 for the same Disc on Ebay.

People do check sites for comparison.
    I would have thought that you would ask a lot less here considering there are low to no fees involved. Some buyers are pretty clued up about MaO as well.

Forum Newbie
    View Monkeyvids's Feedback (+2478)
    All-About Monkeyvids
    View Monkeyvids's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Welcome to eBid.
    Maybe one of the reasons you are not selling is because, for example, you are asking for GBP 125.00 for the Japanese Laser Disc here on eBid and you are asking for GBP 110 for the same Disc on Ebay.

People do check sites for comparison.
    I would have thought that you would ask a lot less here considering there are low to no fees involved.
    Good point!
    I thought I had ended the listing on ebay. To be honest £125 is a lowish price let alone £110 but that's the price I had put it up on ebay in an attempt to sell it.

Hi all.
    I also decided to give ebid a try after getting annoyed with ebay. It's a lot easier to list stuff on here and I like that I have been able to import my listings and hard earned feedback from ebay.
    I am a bid disappointed with the lack of activity on my auctions but the lack of fees until they sell takes some of the pain away. Hopefully things will pick up soon. I guess that ebay think they pretty much have a monopoly on the market. The sooner more people wake up and head this way the better. I just hope that as ebid grows they don't change too much.
    Monkey Vids

My advice would be:

Get rid of the 7 day - 1st bid . At the moment all of your DVD listings are at the very bottom of a large pile of DVD's. Far better to use 7 or 10 auctions with a buy it now price (if you are using a bid price as well put it at the minimum you would be happy to accept).

You have DVD's and CD's - you are a seller+ so why not have two nice shops running, one for your DVD's and the other for your CD's. It makes it easier for buyers to navigate around your listings and gives you much more of an identity as a seller.

Try and alter all your listings to gallery listings so that the pics appear in search - some are listed like that and others are not.

Make sure that you try and put in the barcode/brand etc details in every listing you can (see below) - some are there and some are not.
    Name:  barcode.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  10.6 KB

Good luck

Forum Newbie
    View Monkeyvids's Feedback (+2478)
    All-About Monkeyvids
    View Monkeyvids's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a good idea. I'll sort that out as soon as I have time. I need an extra couple of hours in each day.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a good idea. I'll sort that out as soon as I have time. I need an extra couple of hours in each day.
    No problem - I think I could do with a couple of extra days in the week.

And what Jan said above is particularly important about pricing on different sites.

Forum Lurker
    View mjs1859's Feedback (+321)
    All-About mjs1859
    View mjs1859's Listings
    Forum Posts

Items are being added. Do we know how much is actually selling from all of the current auctions in one day? I started listing in late June of 2012 and have been developing and growing items.

I tried doing the advanced search find closed items and see if we could see which ones sold. I was not able to pull the information from just doing a search. Is there a way to get this information? Thanks.

http://us.ebid.net/items/mjs1859

Antiques And Collectibles (Antiques)
    http://alley-cat-finds-llc-antiques-...ibles.ebid.net

Collectible ArtWorks (Art)
    http://alley-cat-finds-llc-collectib...works.ebid.net

Beauty And Elegance (Jewelry and Watches)
    http://alley-cat-finds-llc-beauty-and-elegance.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    View mjs1859's Feedback (+321)
    All-About mjs1859
    View mjs1859's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just changed my listings to either 7 or 10 days and took them off until sold. Learning a lot of great information. Appreciate your sharing.

Thanks.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idanative55 View Post
    Nice site. I am currently moving all items form ebay to this site. I have become a top rated seller in a short time on ebay and yet feel like a second rate person with ebay. Absolutely no protection for the seller. And now with the new seller requirements being instituted by June 20th they have resorted to threats and extortion to make us comply telling me i will lose my seller statis and discounts. Greed is running ebay. This site is a welcome change. should have starting using it long ago. Looking forward to a great and long future with EBID.
    No feedback here from eBid and no auctions active... seems typical of many. The ra rahhhhh.. fizzles.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mine didnt

If they are happy being pushed around and working hard to pay extortionate fees then that is their prerogative. I would rather work hard for myself and pay the lower fees. And my ra rahhhh is still going strong. In fact if the £70 of sales that have not been paid for yet actually happen I might have to add another ra and a few more h's.

Thread Information