Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promoting eBid on eBay

Cool Promoting eBid on eBay

I have been promoting eBid on the eBay forums, as there are many, many ****ed off sellers ready to jump ship. Don't know how many of you still have accounts there and know about the latest policies from hellBay. In short, they now want to be Amazon with return policies, shipping times, and tracking. If you don't comply you lose your 20% Top Seller discount and also don't get higher placing in searches. This of course has people very upset, so I've been posting the following in the forums where applicable and hopefully encouraging more sellers to join us and if you still have an account there, please do the same.

"I've had enough of this stuff as well I closed my eBay store and only have a few auctions listed anymore. I'll stick around eBay to sell during the holidays (maybe), because the volume at that time maybe worth it, but otherwise I'm done.
    I've moved 98% of my listings to eBid and use the time and money I'm saving (by not dealing with eBay policy), to market through our website and social networking. Sales started slow, but are steady and growing. I paid $50 up front for a seller+ lifetime membership and there are NO LISTING FEES with ONLY 2% FVF. It may not have the reach of eBay, but that's where our own marketing is paying off.
    I really hope you get your crap together eBay. I've been a loyal customer for both buying and selling since '99 with perfect feedback in all that time. Now you've jacked up my fees another 20%, because there is no way I can comply with a return policy, eventhough I've done everything else you want. This is not Amazon and the punishing cookiecutter policies don't work for many, many eBayers... So congratulations on pushing many of your best customers away.

BTW eBay, your other gravy train Paypal, has some competition in Google and a few others. It will be interesting to see Paypal's numbers, as you force sellers to other venues. In my transition to eBid, I've found the vast majority of sellers will not use PayPal just out of spite."

Default Re: Promoting eBid on eBay

Hi
    I have joined today and am in the process of finding my way around the site. Like you I am from Eb*y. Have bought and sold on and off over the years and recently went back to selling as a business on there. However, after alot of research it has become apparent that Eb*y are anti seller and very pro buyer. Great if you are a buyer, soul destroying for sellers!
    Your store looks great already, I haven't even signed up to a seller account yet so had better get moving!
    I just wanted to say best of luck to you and I hope our leaps of faith to eBid will be enjoyable and successful.

I have to agree with slinky
    I have been here just under a week now
    what forced me over was the fact the dark side is so pro buyer the seller is often disregarded.
    Time for change

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevster1 View Post
    I have to agree with slinky
    I have been here just under a week now
    what forced me over was the fact the dark side is so pro buyer the seller is often disregarded.
    Time for change
    Just checked out your about me page, and one of your listings.

Links to other ecommerce web sites are not allowed by eBid.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Welcome slinky and kevster! Hope you do very well here It takes a little bit to find your way around after coming here from eBay, if you ever need help, come to the forums. Everyone here is extremely helpful!

Thanks for the welcome!
    I have noticed the forums are full of helpful members and the guides are great! No doubt I shall be seeking answers to questions as I find my way round, Its certainly different to Eb*y, but then I hoped it would be!

Talking Re: Promoting eBid on eBay

Hey hey , its mrsebastian aka iHEARTcartoons . Always enjoyed your post over at the "other place" . Good to see your doing well here .
    I also think its time for me to to jump ship before she sinks us all . Thanks for your post "overthere" and for the tip on eBid . Im now a seller + Lifetime and am anxious to contribute to this refreshing new venue . Thanks again friend .

Quote Originally Posted by DigitaL101 View Post
    Hey hey , its mrsebastian aka iHEARTcartoons . Always enjoyed your post over at the "other place" . Good to see your doing well here .
    I also think its time for me to to jump ship before she sinks us all . Thanks for your post "overthere" and for the tip on eBid . Im now a seller + Lifetime and am anxious to contribute to this refreshing new venue . Thanks again friend .
    Glad you're here and hope you have lots of sales! At the very least eBid has been a breath of fresh air with so many nice people, that are always willing to help in the forums. It reminds me of eBay 10 years ago when people actually enjoyed selling and made a few dollars

View ajfinds's Feedback (+11)
    All-About ajfinds
    View ajfinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I jumped over to the other place to the forums there and within just a few moments I posted to a few boards telling people to check out ebid LOL boy I dont know there rules and don't care people need choices have a good one

View ajfinds's Feedback (+11)
    All-About ajfinds
    View ajfinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was just thinking if we all went on the other site and posted to just 5 forums in a 24 hour period not knocking them telling to check us out can you imagine we might just overload there system. If there are more takers let me know I will be the first on the ban wagon to make other one wish that our site never was created LOL we could jam them up ready when you are

Thread Information