Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Reviews lists eBid as 2012 best alternative

Default Top Ten Reviews lists eBid as 2012 best alternative

"The best alternative to eBay in online auctioning is eBid, not only does eBid have a solid user base, they also host a variety of useful features and tools for both buyers and sellers. If you’re looking for an alternative to eBay with cheaper selling fees, eBid provides a great option. This is our TopTenREVIEWS Bronze Award winner."

Here's the link:
    online-auction-sites.toptenreviews.com/ebid-review.html

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Top Ten Reviews lists eBid as 2012 best alternative

I am not knocking it but its a pity they cant get the Logo right.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 944
Size:  57.5 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fees
    Part of eBid’s success comes from their very low fees. Itcosts nothing to register and become a member. And they also have no listing fees. Sellers have the ability sell with a low 3% final value fee, or can upgrade to “Seller+” (fees vary from $2-$50 depending on length of membership) and sell their items with absolutely no final value fees tacked on.
    eBid also hosts a variety of promotional options and attention grabbers that cost extra, but these fees are quite competitive and can be well worth the investment. Making your listing text bold only costs 7¢ and you can feature your item in a particular category for $1. Subtitles only cost 15¢, featuring on the homepage only $2.50, and relisting your auction in a second category costs a mere 5¢.
    Selling
    eBid offers more attractions to sellers than just low seller fees. They also offer several options for sellers to get the most out of their auctions. If you have several of the same items, you can sell them using a Dutch auction on eBid. You simply list how many of the item you have, and bidders will bid with how much they are willing to pay for each item, and how many items they are interested in.
    Serious sellers might be interested in setting up an online store to sell their various items, and eBid makes this simple. With a Seller+ account, eBid members can open up to 5 stores with no extra fees. Additional stores (after 5) are available for $1.99 a month per store.
    Sellers have complete control over their auctions. They can set a reserve price, which is the minimum price they will sell the item for. If nobody meets the reserve price, the seller isn’t obligated to sell the item. Sellers also have the ability to block specific bidders whom they may not trust or simply don’t wish to sell to.
    Buyers and sellers can see how many people have looked at a particular item listing with a simple view counter near the top of the listing.
    \

All-About Naturelady
    Forum Posts

Buying
    Finding what you’re looking for on eBid is not a problem. Simply type a keyword or two into the search bar and check out the results. Or you can look at listings in a particular category. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, you may consider placing a wanted notice. You describe the specific item you’re looking for and how much you’re willing to pay and potential sellers can contact you if they have what you’re looking for.
    Browsing through the listings is easy and gives you quite a bit of at-a-glance information, including remaining time, current bid, shipping and handling costs, seller, payment options, and even how many times the item listing has been viewed. The gallery photo is a good size, providing a big enough shot to depict the product, but still leaving enough room to have up to 75 listings on a single page.
    Specific listing pages have some great tools to help potential buyers. Along with all the essential information and product description, the auction page has a live clock with the remaining auction time, so you don’t have to refresh your browser to keep up. You can also designate your location and calculate shipping based on where the item will need to ship.
    Buyers can learn about the auction sellers quickly by checking out their profiles on the side. The whole eBid interface is very intuitive for both sellers and buyers and makes for a great buying experience.
    Reliability/Security
    eBid relies on their feedback system to keep buyers and sellers in line. After an auction and transaction is complete, the buyer and seller are allowed to use feedback on their experience. Users can even reply to feedback after it has been posted and the original poster can edit the initial feedback if needed. Users can leave positive, neutral, or negative ratings, with additional comments about their auction experiences.
    Adult auctions are not prohibited on eBid, but are properly categorized and require users to accept terms prior to viewing the listings.
    eBid wants both buyers and sellers to have a safe venue for auctioning. eBid points out several common fraud scams and suggests how to avoid them. For one, they suggest using a secure payment method. eBid recommends and is compatible with PayPal, pppay.com, and Google Checkout.

All-About Naturelady
    Forum Posts

Help/Support
    eBid has an extensive series of FAQs to help answer any questions. The FAQ pages are separated into categories to further meet your specific questions. eBid also hosts a community support forum where users can help other users. Email support is available, though eBid acknowledges upfront that due to time constraints, a request for an answer that could be obtained by reading the FAQs is set aside.
    Summary
    If you’re looking for a solid eBay alternative, eBid is a great option. Cheaper seller fees and a relatively large user base make eBid a great choice for online auctioning. With a broad list of features and an easy to use interface, eBid is definitely an online auction solution worth looking into.

Pros
    eBid has a solid user base and offers a variety of useful features and tools for both buyers and sellers.
    Cons
    Email support is available, although eBid states that a request for an answer that could be obtained by reading the FAQs will be set aside.
    The Verdict (Shows 3 stars here)

If you’re looking for an alternative to eBay with cheaper selling fees, eBid provides a great option.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's more good news.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…that’s very good…...I just like to see from all this sites who put various reviews just to put information for TRAFFIC if can likes other stuff…security, fees, selling, buying…because in my opinion that is more important from many other stuff and for me ‘’security’’ is number one and after that comes ‘’traffic’’…without that information for traffic or all this sites can explain if some auction site don’t have traffic much and what is reason for that…so after that particular auction site can focus for that matter only…and in my opinion traffic is everything in the any business with traffic many seller with various item will come and high priced items too and even small sellers with items worth less of $1.00 can sell bunch of and even after fees and other fees can earn pretty much nice money because with traffic you can sell hundreds and hundreds or even thousand small items which is worth of less of $1.00 per item because with traffic will come many buyers too and that mean if one buyer or two bought couple only items still not spend much money but if other example 50 buyers do the same for your own items this is it…in end of the month not either one buyer will spend much money buying from you but you put all this in one basket and it will show very nice earned money in end of the each month…and that way of buying with that price doesn’t matter how is Economy or jobs around will always have good business and with eBid low fees only after that will worth in the full in meaning of the auction business…
    In the end only for that I think ‘’traffic’’ is the one of very important keys in any auction site…
    Security….
    Traffic….
    Fees…
    And after that all other stuff…AMEN……....

Agree with you dzambo, traffic information might convince some of the disgruntled eBayers to give us a go.

All good news though. Every positive review should get seen by a few people, and a good few of those will take a look out of curiosity if nothing else. If they like what they see a few might buy something or give us a try as a seller.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

And ebid's traffic does not really match its number of listings.

Eg ebid has the most listings of the alt sites.

Yet is way down on traffic.
    Alexa down to 13,000.

So the best thing members can do is install the Alexa tool bar.
    It won't create more traffic, but it will look good.

(Just Google it)

Angry Re: Top Ten Reviews lists eBid as 2012 best alternative

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Agree with you dzambo, traffic information might convince some of the disgruntled eBayers to give us a go.

All good news though. Every positive review should get seen by a few people, and a good few of those will take a look out of curiosity if nothing else. If they like what they see a few might buy something or give us a try as a seller.
    Well i'm an ebay seller and i just registered. I just sold 4k worth of gold, but hadn't been selling in about a year, so i ended up paying 9 percent of that. Why because i didn't have 10, 5 star reviews. BULLPOOP i have 758 5 star bloody reviews dating back to 1998 when ebay went bloody public.....so here i be. just getting the feel of it, not quite as big as i had hoped, but shall give er a go.

any help here will be appreciated..

Another thing that really got my goat is they killed the Q&A chat board, that was one of the most stupid things ebay has ever done......and they have done some whopping stupid ignorant, idiotic,jackassed,moronic....welli think that about sums it up or as they'd say in the UK and a few other colonies and bobs your uncle......oops they did it again....stop the ride i wanna get off.....SIgh!

Thread Information