Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Seller paypal unverified. Won't retreive my payment and send my purchase!!!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About luvprophet
    View luvprophet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Seller paypal unverified. Won't retreive my payment and send my purchase!!!!

This is extremely frustrating. It has been a few weeks now and the seller still hasn't claimed my payment I sent through Paypal. Therefore I don't have the drop down option to click "Item Not Received" to notify the site to contact her ass!!!

The Paypal site states that this seller is unverified and that's why they retrieve the money. So I sent a personal email to her telling her to please verify her account and get my money, and send my stuff. Absolutely no response from this seller.

I'm p*ssed that there is no way to verbally contact anyone administratively on this site via telephone. That's bullsh*t!!!

How do I get a hold of this company so they will get the seller on the ball so I can have what I bought???

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance people!!!!
    Last edited by luvprophet; 22nd April 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller paypal unverified. Won't retreive my payment and send my purchase!!!!

to contact support click http://uk.ebid.net/contact.php they will open a ticket for you. Please remember that support works on UK time and you may not receive an answer till tomorrow
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Newbie
    All-About luvprophet
    View luvprophet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller paypal unverified. Won't retreive my payment and send my purchase!!!!

So what happens after they make an attempt to contact the buyer and then they fail to get a response as well?
    Have you ever personally dealt with this type of scenario or read anything of relevance on the forums?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvprophet View Post
    So what happens after they make an attempt to contact the buyer and then they fail to get a response as well?
    What do you expect them to do in such a scenario? I suspect your expectations may be divorced from reality.

Nobody can make someone sell. They are unlikely to hire a team of detectives to track the seller down. Equally unlikely (if they can locate the seller) to send heavies round with baseball bats in order to 'expedite' the transaction.

In your position, I would cancel the PayPal payment, notify admin of the situation so they can review if the seller should be struck off the site, and then move on to someone who is willing to sell.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bnntreasures View Post
    the buyer on paypal is extremely safe, call them up , open a fraud case , youll have to wait a period of time to let the seller respond , but paypal is all for the buyer , they might even hold the money up when you file the fraud case and then you will get it back before the seller gets it at all
    But you're not a buyer! Your money hasn't been claimed and you're no worse off.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    But you're not a buyer! Your money hasn't been claimed and you're no worse off.
    Well...they are. They have had their time wasted and been messed about. It is just a matter of how much more time they are willing to waste and how much more they are willing to be messed about by a deadbeat 'seller'. I can understand their anger and frustration, but their energies would be better spend unwinding the transaction and moving on.

PayPal can no more force someone to sell than eBid can. I don't know about US law, but in the UK no contract is formed until the seller accepts the payment offered. Even then it is almost impossible to enforce.
    Last edited by astral276; 22nd April 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

if a payment is not retrieved ( and that means that the email address it was sent to is no longer registered with paypal ) after I think 30 days the payment is returned to the sender automatically.would be best to let PP know / open a fraud case maybe with them.if the email addy is no longer active the seller may not know you have bought from them, they could have listed a load of stuff here and just left it in which case ebid will remove them if they cant be contacted.contact support here to let them know.
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_iron_dwarf View Post
    if a payment is not retrieved ( and that means that the email address it was sent to is no longer registered with paypal ) after I think 30 days the payment is returned to the sender automatically.would be best to let PP know / open a fraud case maybe with them.if the email addy is no longer active the seller may not know you have bought from them, they could have listed a load of stuff here and just left it in which case ebid will remove them if they cant be contacted.contact support here to let them know.
    Where's the fraud? The 'buyer' hasn't paid (it hasn't been claimed)

Thread Information