Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Nice to meet everyone

Forum Newbie
    All-About brendacolucci
    View brendacolucci's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Nice to meet everyone

Hello. I am new to eBid and I hope to have a long and successful relationship. I will be primarily selling collectibles and on occasion buying. Does anyone have any ideas to help me succeed? If so please advise as I am all ears (and eyes)!

Thanks
    Collectorgal21

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Nice to meet everyone

Hi and a big warm welcome to eBid.

Here are a few things that helped me drawn together from various threads put on by others. Hope this helps but there are others on here with far more experience than I and I am sure if you have any problems someone will always be there to help.

Read the Help section and eBid member Astral’s knowledge base where you will find the answer to almost anything you need to know. http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Let buyers know a little about you by filling in your ‘About Me’ page.

Give detals of shipping, return policy etc.

Use 7-10 day auctions with the auto repost facility to move your items up in searches rather than Run Until Sold, and add a Buy it Now price so your items get uploaded to Google shopping.

Don’t forget to offer international shipping if possible because it increases your customer base.

Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click on it to view your items.

eBid don’t advertise so if you use social networking sites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc., to advertise your items.

You can also use the Plug Your Auctions Thread on the forum but only once every 24 hours.

Good luck.
    Last edited by LesliesDaughter; 17th April 2012 at 08:28 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Brenda and welcome to eBid.

Posted this to another thread, but it might be helpful here as well.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    9) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    10) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    11) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

You will make a lot of mistakes, and it comes with the territory! All I can say is never give up! Once you make one sale, you be off and running!@ Good luck to you, and remember, theres a lot of awesome sellers here on this forum willing to help you! They all helped me get started!

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...tore&start=300

Welcome! Be sure to fill in your about me page. If I am going to buy it is the first thing I check. You will find us to be a friendly bunch. Lots of information in the forums so read and you will pick up lots of help. Never be afraid to ask questions. There are lots of people here to help you.

Thread Information