Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: postage going missing again?..help

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: postage going missing again?..help

Haven't tried this yet but I found this on the PayPal forums, since Mel mentioned that I really ought to have a Tick in the box (though why all of a sudden there's a spanner in the works, I don't know...) This is a copy of a reply from the forum:

"Thank you for contacting Merchant Services.

My apologies for any inconveniences. Apparently, the option to override the shipping calculator has been disabled for some accounts after a system upgraded.

This means that, if you had enabled PayPal's shipping calculator (and apparently you have it enabled, although with "0" values), PayPal will always use the calculator, regardless if your own website is passing their own shipping amounts.

To resolve this issue please follow these steps:

1) Login to your account and click on Profile.
    2) Click on "My selling preferences".
    3) Click on "Update" next to "Postage calculations".

(*) Direct link to this section -> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/custo...ofile-shipping

4) Make sure GBP currency is selected.
    5) Click on "Clear Settings".
    6) Don't do anything else, do NOT click on Save or any other button (If you do, it will set to "0" everything again). Clicking on "Clear Settings" will disable the shipping calculator, thus your own shipping charges will start applying again.

This will also resolve the issue with the tax and shipping estimate box for US."

Hope that helps anyone else that might be suffering the same issue.

Just done this and it looks good. Cleared it, didn't save, left and returned to the page and the box remains ticked. Cross-fingers, eBid invoices will remain intact during PayPal payments! eBid customer services ought to use this as a reply for similar enquiries they may receive...

and Mel, if you could update and add steps 5 & 6 to your page for those whom don't see a tick, that's be very useful for those in the same boat perhaps?
    Last edited by BlossomTree; 12th April 2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Useful info. Was it dated (i.e. when did this unasked for change take place)?

eBid's response is the normal fix for this issue. A bit much to expect them to know everything about an external site.

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Useful info. Was it dated (i.e. when did this unasked for change take place)?

eBid's response is the normal fix for this issue. A bit much to expect them to know everything about an external site.
    The reply came from a response from a seller (though perhaps not an eBid seller) who also had the same 'missing postage' problem as me and he posted on the PayPal forum on the 6th April. He, too, had to submit a Merchant Service technical problem email request and he received his answer on the 7th seen in my post #11 here. I have yet to receive a reply from PayPal myself and it'll probably be 24hrs, but it is exactly the same issue - something that popped up only in the last few days for me (difficult to gauge when the trigger happened since I don't receive eBid sales daily) but has been noticeable since the 9th April for me.

Yes, I don't expect eBid to know all faults, but at least this is one they could store as a suggestion in FAQ or as a reply for similar Support Tickets

All good stuff and worth noting if successful!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

Forum Newbie
    Glasgow, East Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
    View postchaise's Feedback (+172)
    All-About postchaise
    View postchaise's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I am having the same problem. Have you managed to resolve the problem.
    Update - In PayPal postatge calculations, I managed to get the box to remained tick. I pressed the clear setting button and retried ticking the box - seemed to work - I'll see what happens on the next purchase.
    Tom...
    Last edited by postchaise; 25th April 2012 at 02:07 PM.

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by postchaise View Post
    Hi, I am having the same problem. Have you managed to resolve the problem.
    Tom...
    Hi Tom,

The instructions that I found (posted earlier) seem to do the job - I found it via the forum even though they have actually not responded to my own problem as being solveable (!). I have since, received one-item purchases (no invoice raised) with P&P intact, so that's good.

Just do as posted earlier and you should be fine from thereon. Unfortunately, it can't help resolve the problems already encountered - I lost two sales because of it (no matter how much I tried contacting the buyers) Hopefully your buyer will understand if you decide to charge a separate P&P or refund and re-invoice once you've tweaked/cleared your PayPal settings.

Hope this helps you
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

Default Postage either missing or changed - either is unacceptable

I'm updating this thread rather than starting a new one.

Here's the listing that brought this to my attention: 62682338
    The calculated shipping brings up the correct amount of $9.83
    WHY DID EBID change it to $4.00?

I just got off the phone after a long conversation with PayPal. PayPal assured me that the amount of $4.00 WAS TRANSMITTED BY EBID.

Based on this thread and others,eBid is changing the shipping charge to amounts ranging from zero to whatever the system decides to plug in. Forget about cosmetic changes and "nice to have" features. Get the real problems fixed first. If the basics don't work right, nothing else matters.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Postage either missing or changed - either is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I just got off the phone after a long conversation with PayPal. PayPal assured me that the amount of $4.00 WAS TRANSMITTED BY EBID.
    I wouldn't put too much store in anything a PayPal rep tells you.

This kind of thing is one to take up with eBid admin directly, rather than on forums. They can inspect their transaction records and see what things look like from their end.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you send an invoice to your buyer, make sure you tick the 2 bottom bits about receiving a copy to your email account and the buyer cannot change the invoice figures. (I'm guessing the buyer changed the shipping amount?),

Default Re: Postage either missing or changed - either is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I wouldn't put too much store in anything a PayPal rep tells you.

This kind of thing is one to take up with eBid admin directly, rather than on forums. They can inspect their transaction records and see what things look like from their end.
    There have been several transactions like this reported by other sellers. I have not seen any response from eBid support. This is a serious problem, and if eBid is in fact sending the correct information, why haven't they responded?

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    If you send an invoice to your buyer, make sure you tick the 2 bottom bits about receiving a copy to your email account and the buyer cannot change the invoice figures. (I'm guessing the buyer changed the shipping amount?),
    The buyer paid immediately via PayPal. We sent an invoice when we discovered she had not paid the full shipping amount, asking her to pay the difference. She paid, but was very unhappy. I have bought a lot of things online, paying immediately using PayPal, and I have never seen any option where I could change the shipping amount. Please tell me how to do that.

Thread Information