Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: postage going missing again?..help

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default postage going missing again?..help

So I've searched the forum since this feels kind of Groundhog Dayish..

Buyers are instantly paying.
    eBid say the postage charge is showing on the initial email.
    Buyer pays immediately in PayPal without me getting a chance to send a reinforced invoice for singular item purchase.
    Then I notice that in PayPal, the shipping hasn't been paid for and shows up as zero.

I haven't changed anything in eBid or PayPal. I've tried eBid's support answer which says, "In Paypal Under Selling Preferences, click on Shipping Calculations, you begin Shipping set up. You will see 2 choices Domestic and International [No I don't!] Under Edit choose Yes. They both have to be set to Yes to be set to work with eBid."[so what now then?]

I recall that paragraph at the bottom to tick/untick overriding but it doesn't seem to make any difference what I do in Paypal - this is what it always shows:
    Postage calculations
    Allow postage to be automatically calculated on my sales.

Miscellaneous - Allow transaction-based delivery settings to override profile settings (Optional).

Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

Any ideas or similar experiences from other sellers over the last few days?
    I've contacted PayPal Support (but they directed me to Merchant Services where I feel this is where eBid guys is representing, not me personally) so we shall see of the email outcome in the meantime
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: postage going missing again?..help

I have not come across profile postage settings, so I do not understand about overriding them.

I just set postage for each item UK, Europe and World, and never have a problem.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Hi Bill,
    I don't set anything other than what's in eBid either so don't understand why there seems to be a hiccup when eBid's automatic invoice hits PayPal.
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

I suspect it ain't to do with paypal. I suspect it's on eBid.

I mentioned this months ago, but it still aint fixed.

If I (or anyone for that matter) makes a purchase off a seller, the buyer can change to P&P to zero, it happened to me several times and I simply refunded the paid amount and told the buyer that they have not paid the P&P, most then paid the invoice that I had to send from paypal.

The situation really needs an urgent fix to stop some buyers from trying to scam a buyer

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I suspect it ain't to do with paypal. I suspect it's on eBid.

I mentioned this months ago, but it still aint fixed.

If I (or anyone for that matter) makes a purchase off a seller, the buyer can change to P&P to zero, it happened to me several times and I simply refunded the paid amount and told the buyer that they have not paid the P&P, most then paid the invoice that I had to send from paypal.

The situation really needs an urgent fix to stop some buyers from trying to scam a seller
    Unfortunately I have one seller non-responsive to the method you describe in doing, and the other I am waiting for since this latest incident has happened just today. For your second attempts, do you send a Money Request directly through PayPal or a manual eBid one with 'finalise' on it? I haven't tried the first and relying on the latter at the moment and wonder whether that's wny I'm still not getting a successful buyer response?

It is strange however that this bug does seem to rear its ugly head every so often and it is blamed on a setting the seller has altered (!?)
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

Quote Originally Posted by BlossomTree View Post
    Unfortunately I have one seller non-responsive to the method you describe in doing, and the other I am waiting for since this latest incident has happened just today. For your second attempts, do you send a Money Request directly through PayPal or a manual eBid one with 'finalise' on it? I haven't tried the first and relying on the latter at the moment and wonder whether that's wny I'm still not getting a successful buyer response?

It is strange however that this bug does seem to rear its ugly head every so often and it is blamed on a setting the seller has altered (!?)
    Direct from paypal

But in reality, ebid need to get a grip of this

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only PayPal issue I am aware of is as detailed at: http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0054

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The only PayPal issue I am aware of is as detailed at: http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0054
    Hi Mel, that's the PayPal page I find myself landing on again with a groan, because everytime I tick that last sentence's box and Save, and I return to that page, it remains unticked (!) Not sure if that is correct or not. But as backup until things settle down again (or until another buyer pays for one item instantly, I will not know whether my illusive 'ticked box' will have had any impact or not) I have actually put in some values in to those PayPal postage boxes so that they are not set at zero, just in case! Then, any excess postage paid will be refunded. A precautionary backup hopefully...

BTW - eBid support have informed me that it's not an eBid problem but a PayPal one. Quite possibly since I recall this has happened to me once when I was selling on the other site so it can happen elsewhere.
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Mel, that's the PayPal page I find myself landing on again with a groan, because everytime I tick that last sentence's box and Save, and I return to that page, it remains unticked (!)

It should remain ticked.

Hi Mel, that's the PayPal page I find myself landing on again with a groan, because everytime I tick that last sentence's box and Save, and I return to that page, it remains unticked (!) Not sure if that is correct or not. But as backup until things settle down again (or until another buyer pays for one item instantly, I will not know whether my illusive 'ticked box' will have had any impact or not) I have actually put in some values in to those PayPal postage boxes so that they are not set at zero, just in case! Then, any excess postage paid will be refunded. A precautionary backup hopefully...

BTW - eBid support have informed me that it's not an eBid problem but a PayPal one. Quite possibly since I recall this has happened to me once when I was selling on the other site so it can happen elsewhere.
    Hence why I stopped banging my head regards the P&P being editable by a buyer, I will do a Jing next time I buy something on here and then show them it is an issue

Thread Information