Thread: new on board

Chocolate Factory, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    View toystalker's Feedback (+6)
    All-About toystalker
    View toystalker's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default new on board

new to ebid... came looking for an alternative and hopefuly found it

bit odd ofter 10 years on the other site getting used to the different layout but it does not seem too bad

hope to get my 1st under my belt soon

i hope the traffic continues to grow here, ive held around 5 accounts on the other site and knocked up around 15 thousand feedback among them... hoping for simular sales figures here in the future, ive comitted myself to the site now ive just become a lifer seller+

raising an easter glass of wine to ebid

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: new on board

Name:  1332809535-30154-11.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  5.6 KB Welcome to eBid...wishing you all the best!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a quick peek at your listings. I would suggest not having them as Run Until Sold (RUS)....they'll remain at the bottom of "the pile" and never move up for better views by potential buyers. Also, I can only speak for myself, but I tend to bypass any listings with the "camera icon" rather than a gallery pic....you might reconsider and use a gallery pic...just MHO!

Hey (AGAIN!!). Just saying, you should put the link to your auctions/store/main item in your signature, it is a great way for people to find your listings, for example when I was looking for your auctions I had to click your account and navigate my way to your auctions, would be better at the click of a button
    I am in support of a P&P lowest first option when buying products! Please help us simplify buying!
    |
    |
    v
    http://forums.ebid.net/showthread.ph...P-Lowest-first

I am against imported feedback.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and a big warm welcome to eBid.

Just a few things to help you on your way:

Welcome to eBid.

A suggestion or three for you:

Read the Help section and eBid member Astral’s knowledge base where you will find the answer to almost anything you need to know. http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Let buyers know a little about you by filling in your ‘About Me’ page.

Give detals of shipping, return policy etc.

Use 7-10 day auctions with the auto repost facility to move your items up in searches rather than Run Until Sold, and add a Buy it Now price so your items get uploaded to Google shopping.

Don’t forget to offer international shipping if possible because it increases your sales (hopefully).

Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click on it to view your items.

eBid don’t advertise so if you use social networking sites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc., to advertise your items.

You can also use the Plug Your Auctions Thread on the forum but only once every 24 hours.

If you are stuck with anything just come back on the discussion board and ask, there is always somebody to help.

Just wanted to add my welcome to the others. Good advice on the other posts, especially regarding RUS. Another thing you may want to consider is not using all capital letters. A lot of sales on here come through Google, and I think all capitals will not show, Google are very fussy. While on the subject of Google, it might also be worthwhile setting up a Google Merchant account. Since doing so 10-20% of my sales have been paid for using Google, there are a lot of people who prefer not to give any money to eBay, so will not use Paypal.

All the best on here, hope you have lots of sales.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello there and welcome!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Happy Easter and best wishes for many sales to all,

Chocolate Factory, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    View toystalker's Feedback (+6)
    All-About toystalker
    View toystalker's Listings
    Forum Posts

hey everyone thanks for the replies, i didnt know about that rus thing, thats helpfull... as i pretty much only run buy nows thats going to be a bit of abummer for me ill have to put some items on bid to get some traffic
    also didnt know about the caps lock thing either... i always tend to do that, when your selling an item you do what ever it takes to make an item stand out so i tend to use block caps, will also list some auctions in lower case

and finally the gallery pic thing, i came here and went for the seller+ lifetime subscription.... for the zero fees... when i went to list an item with gallery im sure it said it wanted to charge me a %... so im a bit gutted about not being able to have 1st pic at least come in under my 0% scheme
    and ive already made a sale with no gallery pic so theres hope for me yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by wonkabarcouk View Post
    and finally the gallery pic thing, i came here and went for the seller+ lifetime subscription.... for the zero fees... when i went to list an item with gallery im sure it said it wanted to charge me a %... so im a bit gutted about not being able to have 1st pic at least come in under my 0% scheme
    and ive already made a sale with no gallery pic so theres hope for me yet lol
    If you are seller+ the fees mentioned will be the 2% final value fee, and you will only pay this if you make a sale. I would rather make a sale and pay 2% than have less sales. If you have come over from eBay you will have been paying listing fees, store fees (possibly) and then 9.9% FVF (including on shipping), so 2% is a bargain.

Thread Information