eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom views with imported ebay items - how?

Default Re: Custom views with imported ebay items - how?

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    And yet you still needed to ask about something with a pretty easy solution instead of simply trying out alternative methods of page design. <shrug>
    Well yeah.
    I thought better safe than sorry.
    Didn't want to potentially mess up anythig on ebid, nor have to do excessive work on my templates without reason. So yeah, I figured I'd ask first just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LinxDragon View Post
    Wow, I hope we're not toeing the line of censorship here?
    Wow. I hope you're not going to give that attitude to everyone who tries to give you advice. Feel free to ignore advice, but don't throw it back in peoples' faces unless you really want people to ignore any further requests for help. As it turns out, the advice you've been given is good advice; a lot of people here are REALLY turned off by negativity toward other sites. Most of these people already know what Feebay was like and what it is like now, they don't need to see it all the time and would rather put such experiences behind them. If you want to vent about how much you hate the evil Feebay I'm sure you can find enough other places to do it and be in good company. But round here it isn't particularly welcome. So, word to the wise, do yourself a favour and follow the old adage: When in Rome.

Well yeah.
    I thought better safe than sorry.
    Didn't want to potentially mess up anythig on ebid, nor have to do excessive work on my templates without reason. So yeah, I figured I'd ask first just to be safe.
    And I tried to be helpful. Most people here, are. But you need to take things in the spirit they are offered. This is not Feebay. It may take you a while to settle in and get used to how things work round here.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any chance that someone might take a look at my only item with IE8 or IE9 and then let me know what it looks like with a screenshot? I don't have IE since I'm a linux user. I'd really appreciate it.
    You can check yourself at http://netrenderer.com/index.php for any IE version (as long as your template fits the page). Just add #desc to the end of the URL of your listing to point it at your description - rather than the start of the eBid page. E.g. http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/mega-siz...23480.htm#desc

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You can check yourself at http://netrenderer.com/index.php for any IE version (as long as your template fits the page). Just add #desc to the end of the URL of your listing to point it at your description - rather than the start of the eBid page. E.g. http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/mega-siz...23480.htm#desc
    Now *THAT* is just too cool. I've been looking for something like that countless times (not recently though).
    THANK YOU ... Thank you ... Thank you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Wow. I hope you're not going to give that attitude to everyone who tries to give you advice. Feel free to ignore advice, but don't throw it back in peoples' faces unless you really want people to ignore any further requests for help. As it turns out, the advice you've been given is good advice; a lot of people here are REALLY turned off by negativity toward other sites. Most of these people already know what Feebay was like and what it is like now, they don't need to see it all the time and would rather put such experiences behind them. If you want to vent about how much you hate the evil Feebay I'm sure you can find enough other places to do it and be in good company. But round here it isn't particularly welcome. So, word to the wise, do yourself a favour and follow the old adage: When in Rome.
    Sorry, I didn't think that I was being a jerk about it. My impression from ebid was that the aboutme page serves two purposes ... ONE, giving me a little something to kill more time with for fun and TWO, providing an outlet for personal thoughts that I'd like to share with others on my very own personal page. Considering the fact (???) that I believe far more buyers would or should be interested in who I am then other sellers on ebid or people with ooodles of forum responses, I felt that being told to behave "more nicely" on my very own personal page was highly inappropriate.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of offering anyone critique about their personal aboutme page for exactly that reason. I respect that person's thoughts & feelings about themselves on their page, blog, whatever ... even if I don't agree with all or part of it. Welll, didn't mean to offend anyone but I'm not "about" to change my own aboutme page. Sorry.

Personally, I wouldn't dream of offering anyone critique about their personal aboutme page for exactly that reason.
    I can see what you are saying. However, it has been seen that selling on this site is more challenging than selling on Feebay. Over here you need to work at it and don't give buyers any reason not to choose you to buy from. Many new users in the past have made the mistake of thinking that they don't need to adapt to how this site works or doesn't work and those people have failed to achieve the level of sales they were looking for. The regulars here give out lots of good advice - without reward - and generally only say what they know works. Their knowledge has been built up over time and through also listening to others who've been here long enough to see what works. Personally I'd strongly suggest you follow the advice, but it is your right to ignore such advice if you choose to.

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind ...

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any chance that someone might take a look at my only item with IE8 or IE9 and then let me know what it looks like with a screenshot? I don't have IE since I'm a linux user.

I use Linux too & can take screenshots - Applications > Accessories > Screenshots
    Which version are you using out of curiosity that's all....

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I use Linux too & can take screenshots - Applications > Accessories > Screenshots
    Which version are you using out of curiosity that's all....
    Screenshots aren't the issue. I was asking abut screenshots by someone with Internet Explorer 8 or 9 specifically since I like for all of my web pages to look perfect for IE as well. But then astral276 pointed me in te right direction to that IE rendering page.

I used Ubuntu for a couple of years until Unity was released. Just couldn't get to like that or Gnome3 so then I played around with Debian & Mint until finally deciding that Xubuntu 11.10 with XFCE, Compiz, and Nautilus was just as good, perhaps even better than the last Ubuntu 10.10 that I really liked. Check out the attachment, it's my most current desktop. One of the things that I've become totally "addicted" to ... the stability, ease of use, lack of viruses, and being able to have my desktop look any which way I please without ever having to worry about licensing or registration fees. Gotta love it, eh?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information