eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I be wary of sellers selling items vastly lower than RRP?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Should I be wary of sellers selling items vastly lower than RRP?

I have no problems buying from here. Even from a newbie.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dont feel wary buying on here at all. The only thing that stops me sometimes is that the items I need are not on here, but are available on the other side.

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View kara1987's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kara1987
    View kara1987's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm pretty wary about parting with my money on any site I haven't used, so I like to ask around the community first to be sure.

I have taken all your advice, asked questions and requested an invoice before paying. Fingers crossed my first purchase across eBid goes well. Again, thank you all for your advice! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kara1987 View Post
    I'm pretty wary about parting with my money on any site I haven't used, so I like to ask around the community first to be sure.

Very wise!

Welcome to eBid.

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kara1987 View Post
    I found eBid by searching for a certain item. There are 3 sellers for the same item all selling it for under half the RRP (well, the price that Amazon, etc. charge). Two of the sellers have 0 feedback, the other has +9. The page has been updated several times over the past month indicating they are an active seller. But only 1 of the feedbacks is from this year - the last one before that was from July. The buyer from this month doesn't have any of his own feedback.

They have multiple quantities.

What's the risk of me losing my money? The description says that it's everything in the picture and then goes on to independently list each item and I can pay with paypal. If I was to buy this item and they didn't send would I have any problems getting my money back or would I be out of pocket. They offer recorded delivery too, so that puts my mind at ease a little bit - but could that be a ploy to put my mind at ease so I'll buy?

I usually use eBay but the bids for the item I want usually come very close to RRP anyway, so it's not worth buying from there. What would you suggest?

Edit: I just wanted to add that the one buyer from this year bought the item on the 1st March and left feedback stating quick delivery on the 1st March so probably not a genuine buyer. Could this have just been to gain some interest or should I just steer clear?

Second edit: They don't have any neutral or negative feedback at all.
    It all depends on your Knowledge-online Smarts.. and the amount of money involved.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fordfananatic View Post
    How many buyers feel wary of buying on ebid? Do we need to change something or all get more feedback?
    Whats needed is many hundreds of additional buyers.. active.

Thread Information