View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Newsletter.......

Welcome to our February Newsletter
    1. News From Gazza
    2. Leap Year
    3. Travels Of An eBid Cap
    4. Competition
    Where else can you find Zero Listing Fees for Life for $49.49 (incl. free t-shirt)?
    Upgrade to SELLER+ LIFETIME today. One-off payment $49.49
    Just upgrade to SELLER or any other SELLER+ option and the Lifetime offer will appear for 24hrs.
    Usual price $74.99. All previous SELLER+ payments you've already made will also be deducted from the offer price.

eBidder daysailer55 of Lafayette, Colorado, United States is finding our new cancellation option is reaping unexpected benefits, not just simpler to use but extra sales too!
    "I had to cancel a sale this morning as the buyer didn't completely read the listing and missed an important piece of information. He offered to refund listing fees and such. I told him not to worry, no fees to worry about or feedback from the transaction. I then cancelled the sale. The buyer then went and bought four more of my items and made instant payment. He was extremely happy with the whole transaction. I lost one sale but gained four more. "

News From Gazza
    • 5,426,226 Live Auctions RECORD
    • 22,518 eBid Stores Live RECORD
    I'd like to say thank you for the great positive feedback we've had about last month's newsletter, and specifically the list of updates we have planned for you for 2012. It's obvious you're as excited about those as we are.
    February has been a great month, our busiest ever and it's only 29 days long and still not quite finished.
    • 5.4m items running, our most ever.
    • Busiest ever month for sales in the US, Australia, Austria, Netherlands and Spain.
    • 2nd busiest ever month for sales in the UK.
    We have a lot of new updates going live early Saturday (3/3/12) morning, some exciting, some not quite so. We will be taking the site down to install these at around 7am UTC/GMT (2am East Coast US). So make sure you check the News Forum on Saturday for news.
    One of the most common requests we get is for a Best Offer system, this won't be in Saturday's updates but I can tell you it is now at the top of the list so should be some time in March.
    We are continuing work on the mobile App, having a few problems as we speak with the camera system so that you can take a photo of the item you are listing but I'm sure we'll get it going as we normally do.

Leap Year

What will you be doing with your extra day? In the Gregorian calendar, which is the one used around most of the world, 2012 is a leap year meaning we get an extra day on 29th February. This helps keep the calendar year in line with the astronomical or seasonal year, without it we'd slip out of synch. In the British Isles there's a tradition that on leap day women may propose marriage (and the tradition has it, only on leap days!) So perhaps that's how you'll be spending your extra day. In Greece, however, marriage in a leap year is considered unlucky, so if the lady does propose presumably they make plans for the following year! You could always spend your day shopping on eBid, of course. A search for "leap" brings up a fascinating selection of items, with something to appeal to everybody. We rather like the one we've pictured here, but what's your favourite?

Travels Of An eBid Cap
    If you read the eBid forums regularly you've probably already enjoyed eBidder Oldandintheway's tales of the travels of his eBid cap. We've been following the story of this intrepid cap, accompanied by his family, as it travels far and wide. It's great to see the eBid community out and about in the wild, and we've particularly enjoyed the photographs that have accompanied the story. If you have a similar tale to tell do let us know on the forums. And don't forget that if you share pictures with us via Facebook, we give buddy points for every one we publish in our Where in the World Album
    Haven't got an eBid cap yet? Easily remedied via our Buddy auction!

Competition
    Welcome once again to the eBid Newsletter Competition. Congratulations go to Vintagebev who knew that our mobile app will be available on 3 platforms. One eBid Goody Bag AND an Apple 2GB iPod Shuffle will be winging your way soon!

So now for this month's question: What's the name of the most commonly used calendar worldwide? Is it a) Gregorian b) Grogarian or c) Garogian?
    Your entries must include the following details:

1. Answer to the competition question
    2. Your eBid username
    3. Name and address for sending out any prizes
    Incomplete entries will be automatically deleted. Closing date 15th March 2012. Email answers to competitions@ebid.net

Charity Auctions
    Every month on eBid our great buyers and sellers promote fund-raising by running a selection of charity auctions in the Your Donation Counts category. The auctions run from the 24th to the 28th of each month, and thousands of pounds are raised every year for a variety of great causes. February's deserving cause was: St Clare's Hospice. Take a look at the results, and join in the fun in March.

Until next month,
    Gazza & Mark

eBid Newsletter is produced by Kimbo!

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Newsletter.......

Thanks for posting.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for posting

I just sent in my competition entry

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

me too!
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    me too!
    I managed to get you box of lovely stuff sent off despite the Post Office system being down.

That competition win is mine...don't you know?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

its good to see that in the newsletter Gazza is letting us know some of ebid's plans.
    It should encourage the troops

Thread Information