Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

It has never worked for me and I was here when it was first integrated. I've got used to checking Google every time I get a a sale that looks like an NPB. I had a couple of sales yesterday which hadn't been paid for (or so I thought). Just went to check and sure enough they're showing on my Google account.

Google does not show as paid. I almost lost a customer due to this as well. I recieved a request from a potential customer who had fallen oou with Paypal to set up Google, I did so and they bought 2 items from me. As with quicksilver I was waiting for the paid to turn green, after a day or so, luckily I went on to google to check a how to use it fully and noticed the buyer had actually paid. This buyer has gone on to buy 9 items at least of myself and others on the site and has also started selling. This is the type of person we need here. I have sold to another buyer since and the same happened, no indication that payment had been made.

There is obviously a problem linking Google to eBid which does need addressing. It should be as easy to use for buyers and sellers. For sellers I would recommend adding it, I have had 7 sales through google that I may not have had, but if you do, check either your email or google on a regular basis, or certainly if you have a sale showing as not paid.

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

I took a Google payment last week. As of then, it showed up in AAL as half & half red/green. After going into Google and opting to charge the customer the AAL remains half & half.

Only after marking as paid from within AAL did the spot turn green.

Wonder if it's anything to do with Google Checkout being merged into Google wallet - that must have been about three months ago, when folk reckon that it started to fail.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    What surprises me is that there hasn't been any discussion of the problem before today. I suppose most sellers, like me, check email first and don't rely on AAL. AAL is handy but not essential.
    I started a thread about it December last year. Google-Checkout

Like the OP, I sent a buyer a payment reminder when they had already paid through GC. Since then I've had several payments through GC but haven't had notification through either the AAL or email.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your email notification of payment received would be from google. You need to go to your google and make sure your preferences are set to notify you of payments. Not an eBid problem. And check your email.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverDiecast View Post
    I check them dailey where they are supposed to be ON SITE, Not on AOL!
    That doesn't make sense. Google Checkout emails go to my email box, as do any eBid emails and Paypal emails.
    Why do you think that emails would appear on eBid?

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    It definitely used to work for me, but I don't think anyone's used it recently so no idea what the current state of play is.
    I paid an ebid seller recently ..only days ago through Google Checkout and the AAL payment thing was red when I went there. I sent notification through the AAL and the payment thingy is now half green and red.

It won't change to green until the seller goes to their AAL and says the payment has been received.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I paid an ebid seller recently ..only days ago through Google Checkout and the AAL payment thing was red when I went there. I sent notification through the AAL and the payment thingy is now half green and red.

It won't change to green until the seller goes to their AAL and says the payment has been received.
    Yes, I understand that's happening for some users, but is it happening for people that *used* to get status set okay? Has it ever worked for you? The idea that Google broke it when they announced the merge with wallet could have some legs.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    I took a Google payment last week. As of then, it showed up in AAL as half & half red/green. After going into Google and opting to charge the customer the AAL remains half & half.

Only after marking as paid from within AAL did the spot turn green.

Wonder if it's anything to do with Google Checkout being merged into Google wallet - that must have been about three months ago, when folk reckon that it started to fail.
    Hi there...if I was your buyer...I went to the AAL as soon as I paid and used the 'mark as payment sent' option...it then changed to half green and half red at my end.

I'm thinking it only changed at your end as I knew what to do at my end to change it. If I had been a new buyer I might not have known how to do that

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Yes, I understand that's happening for some users, but is it happening for people that *used* to get status set okay? Has it ever worked for you? The idea that Google broke it when they announced the merge with wallet could have some legs.
    I have been using Google Checkout for years and I have never seen the AAL automatically change. I have always (as a buyer) seen a red icon that changed when I marked as payment sent. So...basically I am saying that nothing has changed regarding the AAL and google checkout in all the years I have been using it.

To add...I haven't changed any google checkout setting on eBid either...just carried on doing things the way I did before the changes...which I didn't know about until this thread...lol

Thread Information