Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Forum Newbie
    View GoodiesLoft's Feedback (+141)
    All-About GoodiesLoft
    View GoodiesLoft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Same here I never follow the return link (paypal payments Iv not used google), and it always shows as paid on AAL. If google does not do this then this needs to be made VERY clear to seller/buyer as thats the first time Iv heard that I need to be following the return links :-(

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    No - I don't always click the return to the shopping site button............and my paypal payments always show. ....so, no I don't think you have to return if you pay via paypal.
    Glad to hear its now been improved. Its sometime since I set up PayPal payments to my website.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverDiecast View Post
    I personally may decide to trash can the Google checkout system as a payment method, and would NOT recommend it to any sellers.
    Is this something that USED to work for you and has stopped, or have you never had it tell you of a payment. By the way, while I accept you shouldn't HAVE to check manually, I would always do so if a payment appeared to be missing, just in case.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have recentely encountered the reverse situation wheras I showed item as paid in the auction site but never recieved an email notification.
    Normally it's not an issue for me as I know when I need to ship something it's always marked as paid. Problem I had is one of those echecks or payment waiting to clear through Pay Pal before item is marked as paid. Neither echeck notification or payment cleared notification was ever sent via email but when I did finally go in to ship something else I did receive email payment notification on I noticed the other item was paid and ready to ship.
    So I guess however we as individuals perform our auction site tactics anything out of the norm isn't good and should be corrected.
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda isn't the way to fix things and if something isn't working properly it needs to be fixed.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I rely on this system(Ebids) to keep things moving, rather than chasing my different email addresses around the internet to find out whether or this customer or that customer has made payment!!!!! Isn't that why Ebid has the green dot system?
    I was personally not suggesting fault in any way, merely pointing out that with a little simple housekeeping one can minimize the margin of error. I don't think that relying on another companys operating system is wise. If it breaks the customer won't complain to the company, they will pick on the seller. The buck stops here so to speak.

What needs to be considered before pointing the finger at Ebid or Google Checkout is that sometimes buyers just get really confused.

Here is an example to show what happens:

Instead of buyers using the buttons on the site to pay through the item purchased - they somehow end up logging directly (not through the ebid link) into their payment provider account and entering in the sellers name (or their payment id name) and sending the money that way. When they do that without linking it to an item there is no way the site can possibly know a payment has been made. And that I have always found that is the reason why the payment box will not turn green.

That has happened to me several times, both on here and in the past on the other site (used to happen more on the other site).... using paypal, even though I don't use Google Checkout I would imagine that it would work in the same way.

Which is why you always need to check on your emails as buyers sometimes will make a mess of the payment transaction (just as we all will make a mess of something or other).

This morning I checked my NON ebid emails( for non buisness related reasons) and found a notice from Google checkout that the buyer did indeed make the payment!!!!!!!!! .
    I may be reading this wrong, but isnt the fact that the email ended up in the wrong folder at your end down to your own email filtering?

I dont use google payment methods - but if they are sending you ''confirmation of payment received'' emails, then couldnt that be picked up at your end?

Not blaming you - merely asking.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

The payment pending (half green) and the full Green when the payment is accepted stopped working about 3 months ago, I only know if a person paid via google when I check my google mail, I did intend to mention this but assumed it must have been related to all the google changes, and tbh I have not read all the threads about it, and only skimmed read this thread....
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Being a bit older and not too trusting of these internet systems I have found it wise to at least do a daily check of all the different sites I use. I have only had a couple of Google payments before I decided not to use them. I had to mark things paid myself when payment was received with Google. I did not find it to be a user friendly system.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    So - paypal automatically shows.............I take it Google does not?? (I don't use Google, so I don't know).
    That is correct paypal shows up as a green tick automatically when paid, Google Check out did not. Checking my emails is not the issue here, the issue here is the site was designed and set up to work smoothly so one does not have to go off site(ebid) to check emails, and also has the question and answer duty to address any issues with any issues that may arise from customer/seller problems.

Thread Information