Thread: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Hi there...if I was your buyer...I went to the AAL as soon as I paid and used the 'mark as payment sent' option...it then changed to half green and half red at my end.

I'm thinking it only changed at your end as I knew what to do at my end to change it. If I had been a new buyer I might not have known how to do that
    I was just about to reply to your previous post when I spotted this one, if you're referring to the comb on the 21st, then we are talking about the same transaction.

Slightly worrying is that you mentioned that it still shows red/green for you, as I recorded a "payment received" through AAL on the 22nd and the spot is all green at my end.

Maybe there's more than one problem with this payment method, but certainly I'd agree that a new buyer (or for that matter, seller) might not realise just how many steps are currently required in comparison to Paypal.

Forum Newbie
    View GoodiesLoft's Feedback (+141)
    All-About GoodiesLoft
    View GoodiesLoft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    Maybe there's more than one problem with this payment method, but certainly I'd agree that a new buyer (or for that matter, seller) might not realise just how many steps are currently required in comparison to Paypal.
    But if Im interpreting the setup for google right (http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#52) the callback function should update the AAL just like the Paypal one and There should be no more steps involved for google compaired to using paypal, both checkouts are integrated into the AAL by ebid.

So either google callback or the AAL is not working, and only ebid can tell us which end that is not working.

Forum Diehard
    All-About PetBazaar
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodiesLoft View Post
    But if Im interpreting the setup for google right (http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#52) the callback function should update the AAL just like the Paypal one and There should be no more steps involved for google compaired to using paypal, both checkouts are integrated into the AAL by ebid.

So either google callback or the AAL is not working, and only ebid can tell us which end that is not working.
    Not sure about that, I'm certainly not an expert but from the process point of view Paypal is a single operation. The buyer buys and pays and the seller receives the payment. Presumably as long as the buyer doesn't back out at this point then there's a callback and the AAL gets updated. But with Google (and I'm not sure if this is different for others), the buyer buys, then authorises a payment. However, the seller then has to go into Google to charge the payment to the buyers card. Now given that this maybe days later then presumably there is no callback to say that payment has been received.

I know that there should be no more steps but they both work in different ways, so maybe we just have to accept that Google integration isn't as seamless as Paypal.

Or maybe I'm entirely wrong... again!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was just about to reply to your previous post when I spotted this one, if you're referring to the comb on the 21st, then we are talking about the same transaction.

Slightly worrying is that you mentioned that it still shows red/green for you, as I recorded a "payment received" through AAL on the 22nd and the spot is all green at my end.

Apologies for lateness of post...just got back on line today.

OK....I think there is some confusion as to what I was saying in my post.

This is the sequence of events at my end.

1...I paid using Google Checkout (the AAL payment icon was red as expected)

2...received notification from Google Checkout that I had paid.

3...I straight away used the 'mark as payment sent' option in AAL and the icon changed to show half red and half green.

4. I received a notification (through email and from eBid) that the AAL had been added to (payment sent)

5. Received notification from eBid (via email) that the AAL had been updated to show that payment had been received.

6...checked AAL and the paid icon was 100% green.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

.... However, the seller then has to go into Google to charge the payment to the buyers card. ...
    You can set up your Google account to automatically charge the card.

See Below :-

Name:  authorise copy.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  27.2 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Diehard
    All-About PetBazaar
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    You can set up your Google account to automatically charge the card.

See Below :-

Name:  authorise copy.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  27.2 KB
    Blimey! You learn something everyday here.

Presumably the manual charge is the default and perhaps that's what's causing the problems. Will change it to automatic and see if that makes a difference to the red/red-green/green spot thing.

Thread Information