Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Angry Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

It appears that due to either ebid and or Google check out's failure to indicate that the customer in fact did pay for the item on EBID's seller "sold" page where the green indicator will light up when paid. I rely on this system on EBID, and do not check my email address for notices, as the Ebid system, like ebays is designed to work within itself. soooo... Since the light was never shown as green on 3 items that the buyer purchased, I sent non paying bidder notices 3 times and rec'd no response, why I do not know.

This morning I checked my NON ebid emails( for non buisness related reasons) and found a notice from Google checkout that the buyer did indeed make the payment!!!!!!!!! Previously Not knowing this I left appropriate feedback and relisted the items, figuring as Ebid's system was showing me that indeed he was a non paying bidder. So I went back thru my feedbacks to see if I could actually repair and change it and found that the member has quit eBid.....RESULT: Lost sales to seller. Lost customer for Ebid, UNJUSTLY Bad reputation for Buyer. While it was not a great loss, it was still a loss, and if it would have been a large amount...well.

So where is the problem guys????? Google appears to be a pain in the arse to begin with. and If this is happening to me I am sure it is happening to other sellers.

Ebid has it set up so within ebids sellers sold page the indicators for "Invoice" "Payment" "Shipped" "Feedback Left" "Feedback Rec'd" that when each is completed the indicator shows it as a green dot. I rely on this system(Ebids) to keep things moving, rather than chasing my different email addresses around the internet to find out whether or this customer or that customer has made payment!!!!! Isn't that why Ebid has the green dot system?

I personally may decide to trash can the Google checkout system as a payment method, and would NOT recommend it to any sellers.
    Last edited by QuicksilverDiecast; 27th February 2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: added info

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid loses a buyer due to failure of Google/ebid payment system

Cannot understand any seller not checking their emails regularly . What happens when a buyer has a query or complaint.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Cannot understand any seller not checking their emails regularly . What happens when a buyer has a query or complaint.
    I check them dailey where they are supposed to be ON SITE, Not on AOL!

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

But, if you are a business, (no offence meant here by the way) would it not make sense to have a daily ritual, maybe first thing with a cup of coffee or something, to troll through all your email addresses, inboxes, websites, etc. I mean it can't take long, and if it does, maybe its time to downsize on the communication options?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've never had a problem with Google Checkout payments. When a buyer makes payment, I receive a notice in my email to log on and confirm payment then the AAL red dot turns green automatically.

If you like, check out my Google Merchant Account instructions to see if you have set your account correctly.
    http://www.jeweleffects.com/instruct...ntaccount.html

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    But, if you are a business, (no offence meant here by the way) would it not make sense to have a daily ritual, maybe first thing with a cup of coffee or something, to troll through all your email addresses, inboxes, websites, etc. I mean it can't take long, and if it does, maybe its time to downsize on the communication options?
    That is my morning routine, check all my emails first and answer any questions if necessary.

Forum Newbie
    View GoodiesLoft's Feedback (+141)
    All-About GoodiesLoft
    View GoodiesLoft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry but I dont see this as the sellers fault, yes they maybe should check all the emails BUT this does not and should not distract from the apparent basic failure between google/ebid. This "paid tick" is vital info and if it is not being updated between ebid/google this needs to be looked at.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

So - paypal automatically shows.............I take it Google does not?? (I don't use Google, so I don't know).
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodiesLoft View Post
    Sorry but I dont see this as the sellers fault, yes they maybe should check all the emails BUT this does not and should not distract from the apparent basic failure between google/ebid. This "paid tick" is vital info and if it is not being updated between ebid/google this needs to be looked at.
    I think that if a buyer leaves the Google Checkout or PayPal page without getting them to refer him/her back to the shopping site (in this case eBid) there is no way for the shopping site to know they have paid.

Not sure if its still the case but the buyer use to have to click on a return to seller link on PayPal for them to notify the sellers site the payment had been made.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I think that if a buyer leaves the Google Checkout or PayPal page without getting them to refer him/her back to the shopping site (in this case eBid) there is no way for the shopping site to know they have paid.

Not sure if its still the case but the buyer use to have to click on a return to seller link on PayPal for them to notify the sellers site the payment had been made.
    No - I don't always click the return to the shopping site button............and my paypal payments always show. ....so, no I don't think you have to return if you pay via paypal.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information