eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    This is hilarious. Almost 8" of rain the past 2 days I'm driving to work looking at all the flooded areas, then...it starts snowing! Alright, who ticked off Mother Nature?!!
    Weird weather!! Take care Wyo and Al. I do hope it's not down to Terry doing a rain dance ....
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    Weird weather!! Take care Wyo and Al. I do hope it's not down to Terry doing a rain dance ....
    If I see Terry doing a rain dance I'm feeding him to Bonzo!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a guitarist, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I’ve never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played ‘Amazing Grace,’ the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my guitar and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “I never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Apparently, I’m still lost…

Name:  Grave.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  57.3 KB

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL Al! Hope the rain lets up soon.

Happy Saturday everyone and cheers,

Hello cocktailers!
    Well, we have had a wonderful day today.
    It has been sunny and warm, and the garden is looking as pretty as a picture, with all the spring flowers blossoming away.
    The scent from the Hyacinths is just lovely, and they are so pretty surrounded by daffs, tulips, muscari, etc.
    JR and I sat out in our seats under the window - one side has honeysuckle and the other side is Mexican orange blossom (Choisya) and they are leafing away, ready to produce flowers and perfume.
    I actually felt the suns rays on my face, it was wonderful. I had almost forgotten what it was like.
    Another thing I have to tell you about .... and this is just unbelievable!
    I was scouting about on google for something which I will tell you about in a minute ....
    when I learned that it was the Scottish Grand National today.
    I thought - OK, so I will have a couple of bets. I only had £1 e.w. on 2 nags, cost me £4.00.
    Didn't look at form, just went on instinct.
    Later on, way after the race was over I checked to see how my horses had finished - fully expecting a zero return ..... OMG!
    I had actually backed the first and second horses and had won £26.50!
    After I had come round from my faint - I banked the winnings, so I wouldn't be tempted to spend them on another race.
    JR just could not believe how I could pick the first and second in a big race like that - what a pity I didn't put more money on the bet, I could have won so much more.
    Anyways - what I'm dying to tell you is .....
    The one and only pub (Inn) in Wickham Market has burnt down! OH - booooo!
    Nowhere to go now for a few bevvies, apart from the old fogeys British Legion club, where JR works several times a week, (he fits in well there , being an old fogey ..... lol!!!)

Everyone was shocked to hear about the fire, but it wasn't long before 2 and 2 got put together, and everyone (inc. police) realised that the landlord wanted to get out but couldn't sell - he even offered it to JR and I - we declined - so it appears that he set fire to the place on purpose to try and get insurance money back.
    Check it out - http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/wickham_m...laze_1_2121469
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow Trish, that's some story, though I've heard it done before.

Congrats on your win! Sounds like your weather is improving, glad to hear it. A gorgeous day here today, mid 60s and sunny, wish every day was like this, then I wouldn't be thinking of leaving.

Cheers,

Sad - Wickham Market now has no pubs at all .... sob!
    Maybe I should stick a sign up outside our house and buy a sign to put up .. like "Trish's Tavern", or "The Call Inn, Fall Out" ..... I guess we would be packed out if we did .... lol!!!!

Here are a couple of pics taken from a small patch of my front garden ... JR has put horse manure around the plants and garden to enrich our sandy soil.
    Man - you should smell those Hyacinths .... .... heavenly!
    Just look at those Muscari - a sea of blue!
    Name:  DSC01569.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  162.5 KB
    Name:  DSC01568.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  145.4 KB
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

OK, that's it I will be at Trish's if anyone needs me. Yesterday was a decent day, but today has been a wash and it's cold in this house so I'm packing up my grip and going where there is sunshine and flowers!
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

good morning! Well we have sunshine and flowers, but I don't think it is warm. Maybe later in the day. Trish, that is some news story about the pub. But it really seems that pubs are disappearing fast everywhere. And I can see why - long hours and hard work and I think not a huge income.

Good Morning everyone.
    Yes meebo, indeed they are long hours and very hard work.
    How I managed to bring up three little children, cook pub meals, provide sandwiches and rolls at lunchtimes and serve platefuls of sandwiches, sausages and chips most nights for the pool, dominoes, crib, ladies and gents darts teams I will never know.
    It's important to be cheerful, and smart in appearance, I would never appear behind my bar without my makeup, mini skirt and stilettos!
    (Swapped the stilletos for flats when I was heavily preggers though, and also swapped make-up for a paper bag after a heavy 'sesh' the night before ..lol !!!)

Sadly, the landlord and landlady of the George were neither cheerful nor smart, .ambling about in slippers and wooly cardigans. Everything seemed too much effort, and they lost their dart teams when they took out the dartboard to put more seating in. They even took out the pool table ... much to everyone's' horror!
    Consequently, they lost a lot of custom and were struggling big time to make ends meet.
    I guess the anti-smoking ban contributed too - folks just didn't bother going to the pub anymore, either went elsewhere (where there was a smoking allowed outdoor area) or stayed at home.
    It's very sad, as when all our lot came home for a weekend, we used to go to the George for a game of pool.

It's looking like another nice day here, so I will prepare a jug of Pimms, and a few snacks for anyone that would like to pop in!
    (Wyo - the beds are made up, and Jack is standing by!)

Happy SUNday everyone!

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information