Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Hi Al & everyone. The Cane is the stick Ms Lewis has to beat you with. What do you call it?

I didn't put a bet on either ~ I'm hopeless at picking a winner.
    I thought it was a whip!

Hi guys .. glad Ms Penguin explained the cane ... it's deffo not a whip Al -- sorry to disappoint!
    What do you guys call it in the States? Possibly a stick?
    When we were kids at school, all teachers had a cane, and also a Jam-spoon.
    I fully remember when I accidentally broke a window - when my oversized shoe fell off when I had a swing around one of the cloak-room posts.
    (We had to wear anything that your foot would fit into - in the early 50's)
    Mr. Capper - vile man - sent me down to Fenton Blind School to pick up a bunch of canes - when I got back with the canes, he didn't half whack me. PERVERT.
    Sister Agnes also gave me a whacking on the back of my knuckles with a jam-spoon.
    I never sent my kids to RC schools ... too cruel.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had the pleasure of the good sisters (Nuns) in Grammar school and Franciscan Brothers in High School. Barber straps were their weapon of choice.

OMG - I guess we all have horror stories to tell about our early schooldays.
    I remember fully well being slapped red and raw on the back of my legs when I was in nursery class at St. Gregory's school.
    I was 4 coming on 5, my mum was heavily pregnant with my sister, Lynn, who is 5 years my junior.
    Miss Dooley was the child beater. - and my 'crime' ?
    Crying for my mum.
    So glad that times have changed for the better ...
    All my sisters kids/grandchildren have/are attending RC schools - I'm sorry to say that I have left the fold.
    My memories are still too painful ... Father Mc Carthy ... hope you never RIP.

Lets get away from this horrible subject - us guys are made of strong stuff - memories of the past are gone, lets look to the future!
    Hey Cheavs, is the greenhouse door open?
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I bookmarked picmonkey, so perhaps my pictures will continue to work.

We are under a winter storm watch until Tuesday evening. They are predicting up to 16 inches of snow and blowing snow. 100% Monday night, 90% on Tuesday - that's chance of precipitation. The 16 inches are probably for the mountains, we might get 8 here. Puts the kybosh on my bowling night and my once a week Jack and Coke and patty melt - Grrrrr! I thought about going and pre bowling yesterday and didn't do it. Went to Cheyenne instead. At least the mower sickle is on it's way to Vermont.

My 1st and 2nd grade teacher used a yardstick and she broke it on Bobby Smith (he was ornery). My crime crying for Bobby. That's the worse I remember. Our math teacher in high school threw chalk, but to my knowledge never hit anyone. Boy could he yell though, we all disliked him very much. He would yell at the slower kids for a whole class and it was boring to say the least. I remember Leo, the man who does my farming and the principal's son, used to get up and walk out of class when that started.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    I bookmarked picmonkey, so perhaps my pictures will continue to work.

We are under a winter storm watch until Tuesday evening. They are predicting up to 16 inches of snow and blowing snow. 100% Monday night, 90% on Tuesday - that's chance of precipitation. The 16 inches are probably for the mountains, we might get 8 here. Puts the kybosh on my bowling night and my once a week Jack and Coke and patty melt - Grrrrr! I thought about going and pre bowling yesterday and didn't do it. Went to Cheyenne instead. At least the mower sickle is on it's way to Vermont.

My 1st and 2nd grade teacher used a yardstick and she broke it on Bobby Smith (he was ornery). My crime crying for Bobby. That's the worse I remember. Our math teacher in high school threw chalk, but to my knowledge never hit anyone. Boy could he yell though, we all disliked him very much. He would yell at the slower kids for a whole class and it was boring to say the least. I remember Leo, the man who does my farming and the principal's son, used to get up and walk out of class when that started.
    Hi there Wyo!
    Yes, your pics are turning out just great!
    Holy cow ... 16" of snow? Geez, UK comes to a standstill if snowfall exceeds 2 or 3"
    Yup - some of my teachers used to throw things - usually the blackboard eraser - good job we all ducked!
    Congrats at getting the mower sickle on it's way xxx
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes Wyo, that's a lot of snow! Stay safe and warm.

Never went to RC school myself but my Mom did and she had some nuns who were lovely and some who liked to apply the ruler a bit much. Left the fold myself some decades ago, but not for punishments, more because I had too many questions and not enough answers, plus I've never been wholly comfortable with a church that excludes women from major functions. The rest of the family is still RC and churchgoing though, so have to mind my Ps and Qs sometimes, LOL.

Off to the dentist in a while to see if they can do something about my broken back tooth, luckily it doesn't hurt but I don't want to give it a chance to get infected. I miss my childhood dentist, he used to give us candies and prizes when we didn't have cavities.

Will have to get some pix one of these days, daffodils and tulips are up and look lovely.

Cheers,

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck with the tooth sues!!!

Couple pictures from Christine's show!

Name:  Art booth.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  66.7 KBName:  Christine at the show.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  94.2 KB

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Looks like Grampa's Magic Beans worked!! Quentin is amazed!

Name:  Quentin magic beans.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  84.1 KB

Oh Al - what lovely pics.
    Little Quentin is on his way to becoming a gardener, and very well done you for introducing him to the magical world of seed sprouting!
    (BTW - his hands - so much bigger than Abigail's - a born drummer if ever I saw one.)
    Loved your pics of Christine's show booth - and what a pretty little girl she is too. Such a happy smile.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information