Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Don't see My tipple either :-( though there are a few I have a penchant for but particularly either

a good cognac, penderyn malt whisky, mead, ginger wine, a good port
    other than that depends on the mood.

I agree about Wyo being called Miss Duck> It is wonderful to hear and see the stories and photos of the ducks Wyo, please keep them coming. I like to see the large photos too and then see Ms Penguines re-sized ones then, you get the best of both worlds!
    Ducks ARE good pets, I have had a few from babies, used to have a bit of an animal refuge when living in Greece. My friend and I ran it. Ducks were included and they do make really great pets, so entertaining too. I also had a pair adopted us when we lived n Ripon and the canal was emptied whilst work was being done. They all needed to find other water sources and I interred a baby bath temporarily in the garden after seeing them hanging around a tiny bit of almost depleted water nearby for a number of days. They loved that bath, came every day and numerous visits. They were a 'married' couple my children named them Cheeky and Charlie. Learned a lot from their behaviour too watching them.
    Another duck came one day and caused all out war nearly as he tried to have an affair with Cheeky but Charlie saw him off in the end!
    I have some photos of them somewhere.

Sue so glad you are finally getting to go visit Mum> Im sure you will be fine, and your judgment will not be out of line in any way. Your nursing experience will help you get a better appraisal of everything.

Suca congratulations on winning the ydc, I hear!

Trish hi, so glad to hear your Mum is doinig so well now, that really warms the cockles!

And hi to everyone else, Al, Cheaver, etc

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Arrgghhh!

Sheeee--------eee-eeeet! Argh!
    Look what just appeared in between me typing!
    There's me happily thinking only this morning don't see many these days (especially compare to where I used to live where had some real monsters!)

Runs away.............................

Quote Originally Posted by Salomina27 View Post
    Sheeee--------eee-eeeet! Argh!
    Look what just appeared in between me typing!
    There's me happily thinking only this morning don't see many these days (especially compare to where I used to live where had some real monsters!)

Runs away.............................
    Oh Sal .....
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hate spiders, love coffee.

Good Morning!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have leaned to control the screaming at the sight of spiders.
    Good to hear that the boys are doing fine. And the girls? Still crafting?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning/almost afternoon all. Finally got Dad off the puter so I can visit a little before going to see Mom this afternoon. This morning Dad brought her the mystery books I won last YDC and said she liked them, hopefully someone (or several someones) will list more mysteries this go round, hint, hint...

BIG HUGS and thanks to my YDC bidders and my eBid friends, you all mean more to me than you'll ever know.

Cheers,

PS - Hate, hate, hate spiders! Stepped on one about a week ago crossing the floor of my apt., a large brown monstrosity that spooked me crazy. I was afraid it might be a brown recluse, but Dad said it likely wasn't, so that allayed my fears a bit, though they do live around these parts.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, all.....hope you are all well and happy today! Sues.........recluses usually stay in dark places like basements and closets..........so if he was strolling across your living room, he was probably just one of the many harmless brown spiders that exist.

UK is great, because I think none of their spiders......tho big...........are poisonous. I don't mind spiders.....in their place. Greeks considered them a symbol of the home and hearth due to their weaving. They are so amazing. ......I like that they can catch flies in their webs! I dislike flies more than spiders!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Hi, all.....hope you are all well and happy today! Sues.........recluses usually stay in dark places like basements and closets..........so if he was strolling across your living room, he was probably just one of the many harmless brown spiders that exist.

UK is great, because I think none of their spiders......tho big...........are poisonous. I don't mind spiders.....in their place. Greeks considered them a symbol of the home and hearth due to their weaving. They are so amazing. ......I like that they can catch flies in their webs! I dislike flies more than spiders!
    LOL, good point, Your Majesty. I guess I don't mind spiders that much, the web weaving kind that is. I hate the strolling kind, though you're right about recluses keeping out of the way. My Dad got a shock about a year ago when he opened the outdoor path lights to replace the bulbs and found a nest of black widows; unfortunately poisonous spiders do live around these parts, fortunately they're not as numerous as the harmless kind.

My favorite insects are crickets, not sure why. When I find them inside I pick them up and put them back outside where they belong.

Bows and misses the kitties, still at bf's chasing and eating almost everything.

Cheers,

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sure the spiders I evicted from the garage on Tuesday returned to the lean-to shed I've just been emptying! My nephew is coming after tea to move it, 'cos it won't have a garage to lean on come Friday morning I'm with HerMaj, I don't mind spiders, it's the flies I don't like.

Now if we had black widow spiders over here Sues it would be a different matter Enjoy the visit to your Mom

Thanks for the ydc congratulations Sal
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks Sucadot, I will. Good luck with cleaning, (I'd say enjoy it, but I know better).

Cheers,

Thread Information