My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi all. The occupational therapist hasn't turned up yet.

On the up side is that Easbourne housing department is going to write to me to confirm that they are looking for a room in a retireent home.

I can't wait to move inn and start causing mischief
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all

Just popped in while having morning cuppa before I pop into Lincoln,

Hi books some good tunes, Good choice with the pointer sisters, I have this one on a album of theirs and the Harry Belafonte Hole in my Bucket I always remember from my younger years, seeing it performed on TV by Nina & Frederick, and an alternative version by Flanders & Swan, I used to go to tap and ballet classes when younger and we would put on shows for charities and 'special' hospitals and this song was performed as part of the show.

Hi Trish, No not had any luck finding a property yet although I am waiting to see if I have been successful with a bid on a property, but as others bidding not confident I will be successful, hope I find something soon though, but my brothers and I have the motto 'what will be will be' probably because as children my Mum would sing Ke Sera Sera to us, her sisters nicknamed her Ruby. Did go and look at a property on a Park Home a few weeks ago but it was not for me, felt it was be a bit like waiting for him upstairs shouting "come in no 26 your time is up"

Moonie hope your move to retirement home will be good for you.

Well here is the Flanders and Swan version

https://youtu.be/3ecEMxrdULQ

Here is a medley of my Favourite Burt Bacharach tunes performed by Burt Bacharach
    and Dionne Warwick
    https://youtu.be/Ifc8rZRCwMo

Finally found time to pop in, hope everyone is well and have not been under water. It could be worse I suppose take Greece for instance with the fires. Also my cousin in Canada posted the other day on Facebook that they had fires not too far away from them, though they were pretty much under control.

As usual I went to this years Gate to Southwell Festival and lots of videos have been posted on Youtube so here are some of the great bands and artists I saw over the 4 days.

Veronica Sbergia & Max De Bernardi @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Conservatoire Folk Ensemble @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Dog Show Sessions @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Tom Russell @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

The Moon Band @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Seth Lakeman @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

London Afrobeat Collective @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Track Dogs @Gate |To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Martyn Joseph @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Kris Drever Band @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Rory McLeod @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Stone Jets @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Kabantu @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Winter Wilson @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Dolby Gang @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Malc Slate Band @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Jake Blount @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Raghu Dixit Project @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Tarren @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Lauran South & Keith Donnelly @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

Bonfire Radicals @Gate To Southwell 2023 - YouTube

​There are more videos on-line

Hello everyone,
    Books thanks so much for the choons - some bostin' good ones there!

Well, in July ole JR and I went on a rather adventurous (for us old fogeys!) holiday trip.
    First stop was The Cotswolds, where we spent the night at the Bell Inn Moreton -In-Marsh, considered to be JRR Tolkien’s inspiration for the ‘Prancing Pony’, Middle Earth’s most famous pub in ‘The Lord of the Rings’.

We moseyed about a while and then spent a few days down in North Cornwall - Port Isaac, where the TV series Doc Martin was filmed. John was getting worse with his mobility, and walking became a very difficult task.
    We then headed for St Mawgan, where we spent a couple of nights at The Smugglers Inn. We met up with my daughter and her family who live nearby in St. Columb. As it was JR's birthday we all went out for a meal, there were 14 of us!!!! It was great to see my grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Unfortunately, ole JR took a fall, his ankle gave away and he fell heavily on his side, with cuts and bruises to arm and leg.
    It shook him up no end, and we were deciding whether to go home the next day. We had already booked accomodation in Paignton for a couple of nights.
    Anyways, we did go to Paignton but really it was a waste of time - we were practically hotel bound as JR couldn't walk.
    My daughter and family came over to help and we hired a wheelchair for him.
    Originally, I was planning more stops but we both wanted to go home, so we actually drove from Devon to Suffolk, only stopping for meals and loo breaks. I could have kissed the floor when we got home, I was so happy to be home at last!

Four days later, I started with what I thought was a cold. My eyes and nose were running and I started sneezing and coughing.
    I had to plug my nose with tissues to stop the dripping as I had orders to get out.
    Then I got worse; banging headache, shivering hot and cold, nausea and an overwhelming need to lie down as I was totally drained of energy. Cough worsened, it was non stop day and night, and I couldn't get my breath as this awful thick stuff was coming up from my lungs and down my nose. The feeling of fatigue was just unbearable, totally drained.

I stayed in bed and then I noticed my toes had a slight reddening and purple colour. I thought, blerdy 'ell, that's all I need -
    I thought it may be Athlete's foot as I have never actually had it, so googled pictures of it. I was horrified to learn that I had COVID TOES!!! Yes, that's right, incredible as it seems!
    I knew then that I had contracted the new strain of Covid, most likely picked up down South as there were so many people of all Nationalities mulling about.
    Naturally, JR had it too, and so did Lucia who visited us 2 days after we got back.
    JR went to the quacks last Friday as his cough was so bad, coughing up so much stuff. He was given antibiotics, he has slightly improved now but still coughing, as I and Lucia both are.
    Lucia has dislocated her ribs with the strain of coughing. I haven't bothered with seeing the quack as I was too scared in case they sent me to the respiratory ward ( aka God's waiting room) where I spent a couple of weeks when i had pneumonia.
    I haven't had to rest during the day for two days now, so I think at long last I may be over this most awful lurgy.
    Just got to try and eat more now, as I have lost a lot of weight through the lack of appetite.

Now I have to let you know the most saddest of news that has totally knocked me for a six ....
    Do you remember my younger sister having both her legs amputated? Well, she was taken ill last week - very ill.
    After a brave battle she lost out and passed away one day before her 70th birthday.
    No words can ever describe our family's loss of a one in a million brave, always happy wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and beloved sister.

It's heartbreaking ....

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Oh Trish, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. On top of yourself and JR's ills. I hope you both recover soon and get back to good health. As many have said getting old is no fun. Take care.

Oh Trish, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister.

Name:  sympathy sorry_for_your_loss-285632.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  92.3 KB

Oh Trish, my sincerest condolences to you, my thoughts are with you x

Hello all my dear pals!
    Thank you all so much for your lovely messages of condolence regarding the loss of my dear sister. My heart breaks for her devoted heartbroken husband and all her daughters, sons and grandchildren. Not easy to get over, especially as Christmas is approaching and being a very close family we will all miss our Lynn so much.

Ole JR and I are plodding along, me putting up with him under my feet with me not being able to send him out into the garden anymore! (Weather has been horrible). I was blerdy furious with him yesterday, he is forever scavenging for food since he sits on his butt sleeping, watching TV - AND all those food commercials.
    He decided to cook some chestnuts - I had previously scored and roasted a batch which he scoffed earlier.
    He put unpunctured chestnuts into the microwave and the whole blerdy lot exploded into fragments and crumbs.
    OMG... I tried to wipe the microwave clean, impossible - as the fragments of nuts were stuck on the grill at the top of the microwave. I tried vacuuming which wasn't too succesful -still bits dropping off everywhere.

The thing is, I melt my wax in the microwave and had to put a plastic lid on my melting jug to prevent bits of chestnut falling from the top grill into the wax. Grrr, I was sooo angry with him ...

I am so looking forward to next Wednesday when Lucia and I are flying to Vienna to see Andre Rieu in concert. (JR didn't want to go, not his cuppa tea he said!)
    So on that note I will leave you with the most exquisite music from this beautiful man and his Johann Strauss orchesta .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yiZoV9-6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDaJ7rFg66A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_vDQqg5uM
    (cry my eyes out over this, I miss my GSD so much)

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

It's always sad losing someone close, especially when it's this time of year - lost my dad in November and my mum in December, albeit quite a few years apart and it certainly takes the shine off Christmas... Enjoy your trip to Austria, I'm sure you'll enjoy,

Thread Information