All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

'Evening all!
    Some mighty good choons I have listened to - thanks for your selections.

Well, I haven't been too well recently, but have managed to soldier on. I wouldn't like to be classed as a 'sick note' in the eBid army, lol!
    I am back on antibiotics and they certainly have made a difference after only a few days, my chest infection is so much better and I have stopped coughing so much - yay! (Not nice when you have IBS and diarrhea)
    Not much to report really, life goes on pretty much as usual here. I cannot wait for spring and summer, I'm fed up with cold, dark, foggy and miserable days. I want to get out in the gardens and feel the sun on my face. There is much to be done, especially sorting out and inspecting what I can salvage from the horrendous frosts we have had this winter. I think my lemon tree, sago palm, physalis edulis, jasmine and a few others may not have taken kindly to the severe weather we have had this year.
    It is heartwarming though to see all the spring bulbs coming through, it won't be long before we have colourful flowers instead of deadened shrubs which remind me of a neglected graveyard.

Music wise, I soooo want to go and see Andre Rieu and his orchestra preferably in Vienna or in his homeplace of Maastricht.
    I just LOVE him and his music. (Rather odd for an old rock-chick and head banger!)

Time we had a few classical music pieces here in the lounge .... so, here are few of my fave choons from this abolutely gorgeous maestro of music .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yiZoV9-6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd16sNr9T2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDaJ7rFg66A

Sob my heart out at this one, I will never get over losing my beloved GSD Kaiser.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_vDQqg5uM

OOOOH! books, I forgot to say it's so good to see you are back to your 'cheeky' self!

Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 12th February 2023 at 09:17 PM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some great tunes here, especially Harold Melvin, the voice of Teddy Pendergrass was fabulous, does not seem 50years since I bought the "if you don't know me by now" and I still have the Fontella Bass 'Rescue Me' on vinyl, I used to go to the record shop on a Saturday with my older sister and listen to them in the booth so would have been with her when she bought this one.
    I don't remember Japan and Second that Emotion (thought it was Debbie Harry at first)but I have that on vinyl by the Supremes in fact I will be pulling them out to play them.

Sadly they don't make music like this anymore.

But saying that have been recording the Heritage chart on Talking Pictures TV (early hours of Monday Morning) and one week Bruce Springsteen was on having recorded a tribute song to Marvin Gaye and Jacky Wilson to the song 'Night Shift'. It is a programme that shows recording artists now no longer seen or heard on mainstream tv or radio,but still recording, Marti Pellow was on one, only recognised him by his eye as I missed the introduction and Jim Lee from Slade. Worth a watch. It's introduced by Mike Reid. Mark Owen was on also, looked like an old Hippy

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Yeller - "If you don't know me by now!...............is, indeed, a marvelous song!! So many emotions in it.

Pachelbel's Canon - Bute Clarinet Quartet - YouTube An old standby.....and as I played clarinets/sax/flute.....I love a woodwind quartet.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 15th February 2023 at 04:19 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=HerMajesty;1733759]Yeller - "If you don't know me by now!...............is, indeed, a marvelous song!! So many emotions in it.

Yes, if I decide to have a funeral I will have this one played at it.🤣😂😂😂😂😂

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Glad to see a few more in the lounge, and some tunes to listen to.

Your Majesty, I have quite a few Rick (Ricky) Nelson tracks on my hard drive, Garden Party is a brilliant track, I remember buying the single when it came out.

Trish, sorry to read you've not been well and glad to hear you are starting to feel somewhat better. Regarding frosts we've been quite lucky, not too bad apart from one week early January when my pond almost froze right over. Old rockers are allowed to listen to classical music as well, I have quite a bit of classical stuff in my own collection.

Here's a few more tunes to be going on with

Neil Diamond - Song Song Blue (Stereo!) - YouTube (remember listening to this in the school common room my last year at school)

Little River Band - Curiosity (Killed The Cat) - YouTube

Time Will Pass You By - Tobi Legend - YouTube

Archie Bell & The Drells - Here I Go Again - YouTube

Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock'n' Roll) - YouTube

Come Together (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

Crazy - YouTube

Morecambe & Wise - Boom Oo Yatta Ta Ta - YouTube

Geraldine - YouTube

Brother Gorilla - YouTube

Your Honour, Pluto Shervington - YouTube

Chris Rea - Letter from Amsterdam - YouTube

William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings - YouTube

Hello everyone, it's good to be able to stop by and have a chat.
    I have been kept busy with orders for the melts and now that Mother's Day has passed sales have slowed down a lot.

Well, what has happened to Spring? Don't know about you guys but the weather here has been horrible. We have (as usual here on the East coast) had extremely strong winds together with dark skies and lots of rain. I did get all excited when snow was forecast for the rest of the country, but sadly - once again - we missed out. We had a flurry of snowflakes but they didn't materialise into a covering of snow yet the rest of the country were having major disruptions with blocked roads and snow drifts so I guess in a way we were lucky.
    We are hoping for some decent weather so that we can get some work done in the gardens.

Thanks for all the choons, it's always great to hear your choices.
    Your Maj, Pachelbel's Canon is a beautiful piece and I have to admit to having an eye-leak when I hear it. Many years ago when my kids were at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham (Teagan knew Ed Sheeran who also attended!) they had many musical concerts and as Teagan played Cello she had a star role. I was so proud and balled my eyes out! You must be a very talented lady, playing so many instruments - (I love a sax!)

Yeller, lol! LOVED your sense of humour with your funeral song ... haa-haa!

Books, hope you get that kilt back out of the closet, I have actually wore my shorts today! I have convinced myself that the days of wearing leggings/trousers are now over as it surely must be time to dream of warmer weather. I guess that I looked rather odd with jumper, thick socks and furry slippers and shorts, but hey-ho - who cares?!

I have a question.
    Does anyone have a word that makes them cringe? Mine is "gristle"
    I cannot bear to even think about it, I could throw up at the very mention of the word. I think I'm becoming more and more reluctant to eat any form of meat in case there is any fat or Gr***** on it!

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi folks, just to let you know i'm still alive!
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information