Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi Trish

Sorry you think you are rambling to yourself, I no longer go on-line daily just every other day and even unplug my router when not in use, saves on electricity.

Not sold anything since December and missed out on an offer in January due to no notification, don't even get a monthly statement from ebid anymore. For those of you getting 100's of emails daily consider un-installing Cortana if you don't use it, I did and since I have I no longer get nigh on 100 junk emails daily, was discussing on the phone one day with a friend regarding walk-in baths and what do you know started getting emails about them. I followed instructions on Google.

Thanks for the cocktails but I cannot drink alcohol at the moment due to a liver problem not caused by alcohol but by prescription meds, my yearly units of alcohol per year are not even anywhere near the weekly allowance for a female and haven't been for many years, Holidays and alcohol were the first things I cut out when I bought my first home back in the 80's due to my budget, other things followed after that, in fact I became a bit of a hermit.😣🙂🙁 it was worth it as it is all mine now.😁

Well if the weather holds out I will do a car boot at the weekend as I have an acupuncture appointment at the college on Wednesday so will be able to get some relief then, and Tuesday I get my telephone Dr's appointment to discuss my blood tests from 4 weeks ago, it has taken 7 weeks to get to this stage, just as well I go down the holistic route as much as possible and consult Google with my symptoms, as that is what the trainee Drs do when I have seen them at the surgery hence not been there for more than 2 years.

Sent the Queen's spoof menopause to a friend, went down well, Anyway time to go and get more things done while back, legs and feet allow and the sun is shining.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice! Lots I have never heard before. Philpott often asks if I was brought up in a convent........my musical range is more limited to classical. Someof my favorite music is woodwind chamber music.

Karl Eduard Goepfart – Wind Quartet - YouTube
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

"Where is everybody"

Seems quiet everywhere recently. My "Plug your auction" thread was one of about four all last week and a few weeks ago mine was the ONLY new post for seven days.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello.
    Thanks for the choons books, great to listen to some new stuff and some old favourites too. You sure come up with some bangers! Keep 'em coming son!
    Your Maj, your selection is just perfect for a lady of your standing - very regal!

Elench, yes it is quiet. I can remember the days when the forums took ages to read and reply to. It was fun, and very much looked forward to join in. Sadly, we have lost a lot of our regular posters for various reasons ... which I will not go into, but I think most of you will know

Yellerbelly, how did the acupuncture session go? Does it really work?
    My poor hubby is suffering so much pain in his left ankle, the quacks say it's arthritis. I say it's because he turned his ankle over many years ago trying to lay a very big carpet at the centre where he used to work - for clients with learning disabilities. He did make a claim, but it was dismissed because he should have asked for help. He is on a load of painkillers from the quacks, and recently precribed Tramadol, which I am not happy about as I know it can become addictive.
    I have read that pure pineapple juice is good for joint pain, so I got him some today. Also I bought him hemp ointment that little buttons 'bows suggested, cod liver oil and turmeric capsules plus a vibrating thing that is supposed to numb pain. He is still limping about and suffering.
    Hope your blood test results turned out well x

Aww, chokkyface - hopefully next year your lone daffodill will have multiplied!
    How are things with you and Billy? Hope all is well x

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Hi Trish yes I can confirm that acupuncture does work, especially when the person giving it knows what they are doing. I am lucky as Lincoln College offer courses in Acupuncture and require patients to work on so I get to be treated at low rate, I have been twice since and going again this week. Your Hubby's ankle is most possibly arthritis, my brother has the same problem due to broken leg playing football in his youth he now has arthritis in his ankle, I have it from head to toe but never take prescription meds due to side effects, I also take turmeric, Devils Claw for pain relief sometimes, but you have to be careful with this, yes, pineapple is good for inflammation etc due to Bromelain which is contained in it. I also buy a gel from Boyes called Glucosamine Complex gel, cheaper than the named brands but just as good, Glucosamine is also available in supplements and is said to help build collagen between joints. My blood results were not good but I am going down the holistic route. Tramadol, never was prescribed them but a colleague at work gave me one of hers one day as I was assigned to gate duty which meant me being on my feet all day, my back was giving me pain (later diagnosed as osteoarthritis of spine) and when letting my boss out the gate later he said I look high and I remember saying 'yes but my back pain has gone', good job I was walking home from work, I used to walk all over years ago, even carrying heavy loads, sadly not anymore. Sounds like you have bought a tens machine, I've heard they are good.

Acupuncture used to be prescribed for me on the NHS but they don't do that anymore, the practitioner at the hospital said that he noticed the pain had gone out of my face after my treatment, but NICE put a stop to it, buttering up to the Big Pharma companies at the time now I see they are saying arthritis sufferers will not be prescribed pain killers but encouraged to exercise etc. why not prescribe Acupuncture, it is good for many ailments including mental health, would save a lot of money on drugs and prevent side effects, even aromatherapy is good for lifting the mood and beneficial oils, it was how people were treated years ago, the Chinese live to be a great age and they use acupuncture and herbal medicine, but the big Pharma companies are only out to make money regardless, a friend of mine told me that he was told by an employee of one of these companies that we don't cure, just to get you addicted.
    One of my friends laughs and says I'm a witch, could be something in that, I have a fear of fire, probably burnt at the stake in a previous life 🤣🤣🤣

Hello everyone,
    Phew! What a weekend!

Yesterday my son and granddaughters came to visit, Ava is 7 and Isla will be 9 in September.
    We had a lovely afternoon in the garden, the weather was glorious.
    As usual, we did crafts, gymnastics on the trampoline and then we were treated to a 'show'!
    We have a microphone and singing and dancing by the girls was most enjoyable!

Today, Lucia bought the little ones to see us - Adriana will be 2 in July, baby Izabella is just 3 and a half months.

The weather today was not so good as yesterday, a cold wind from the east and cloudy skies so we spent most of the day indoors.
    Running around after Adriana was hard work! Everyone was fed and watered and now my fridge/freezer is bare! The downstairs rooms are still resembling a burglary with cupboards, drawers and toyboxes emptied. It's like an assault course trying to move about without treading on something!

Thanks so much yellerbelly for your input on the acupuncture - valuable info.
    (Had a chuckle at you being a witch ...lol!)
    Sorry to hear that you have arthritis from head to toe, you seem to be coping without drugs and doing well going down the holistic route. I have polycythemia and bronchiectasis - can you suggest something for me? The only tablets that I take are a multi-vit and enteric coated aspirin every evening.
    I have to get my bloods done next week, so that the results will be available for my hospital consultation. I really do hope that my red blood cell count hasn't gone higher, I don't want to have to take blood thinners.

Hope everyone that visits the cocktail and music lounge is doing ok in these stressful times. It's always nice to know that you can have a chat with your eBid buddies, I always look forward to hearing from you guys x

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Hello Tricia Sorry I cannot recommend anything at the moment for your problems, infact I had not even heard of them but I did google them, as I suspected the bronchiectasis was bronchial related and at my acupuncture appointment the girl treating me picked up on my breathing and recommended a pressure point I could use which was a point at the side level with my armpit, found it worked and have not been bothered by an irritating cough since being shown this. Eucalyptus oil could probably help with breathing, just a few drops on a handkerchief will help.
    I cannot say I am pain free with my arthritis but I have learnt to manage it using Devil Claw when necessary and eating ginger which has anti-inflammatory properties, luckily I love ginger, where most people will eat chocolate I will eat a couple of pieces of crystalized ginger, anything ginger flavoured I will try, love the Belvoir Cordial, I have Turmeric supplements and herbal tea. The right supplements help and I cut my cloth accordingly with regard to the pennies to affording treatment, the college I go to also have herbal treatment course and therefor cheaper. I used to go to a herbalist years ago but had to stop as when I left home and bought my own property could not afford the treatment, I have a list of medicines I cannot be prescribed due to side effects so much safer to go down this route.

Baldwins offer a free consultation on Zoom at the moment but I cannot take advantage as I do not know where to start being a techno-phobe, I stick to what I know and keep it simple.

Sending private message.

Good evening all, hope those of you who have been under the weather are now feeling much better. I've been busy in my garden recently. My veg patch has now got potatos, peas, carrots, leaks and green beans all doing nicely. Also lots of salad leaves and radish. Fruit wise already been cropping Rhubarb (I know it's not a fruit) so along with some of the berries from last year out the freezer we've had some crumbles. The gooseberries are looking good as are raspberries and black & red currants, also blueberries.
    Tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse also peppers.

So after all that let's have a few tunes.

May You Never - YouTube

John Fogerty - Bad Bad Boy.wmv - YouTube

The Pie (1972) - The Sutherland brothers - YouTube

Rhythm of the Rain - YouTube

Cosmic Rough Riders-Have you heard the news today? - YouTube

Squeeze - Electric Trains - YouTube

Tráete a la Nena - YouTube

Gasoline Alley Bred - YouTube

Icicle Works – “High Time” (UK Beggars Banquet) 1987 - YouTube

'chinese eyes' skeleton crew - YouTube

Lost Him in the Sun - YouTube

Deacon Blue - That's what we can do - YouTube